Arthropoda Mafia: Endgame

Author: Mharman

Total: 34
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@warren42
The Town power roles were to counter the 8v2 setup where a 7v2 setup would be more optimal for town.

The Mafia power roles were counters to the town power roles.

To counter the Mafia power roles, I made them both related to the NK so Mafia could only use one at a time.

The vigilante is a neutral utility.
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Mharman
Vigilante is not neutral utility
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
yeah, a vigilante actually gets more town directed kills, plus can get you an extra NP in some otherwise LYLO situations
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mharman
The vigilante is a neutral utility.

I understand why you say this though most people, myself included, disagree.

Even if we were to grant the vig as a neutral utility the Mason team was a bit over-the-top as far as compensation for the slight scum advantage provided by an even rather than odd number of players at the start.

One thing you definitely did right was the tracker vs ninja/bulletproof vs strongman matchups. If you kept those and instead did something else to help town a bit (off the top of my head, perhaps make one or both scum roles into x-shot?) then I feel the setup would not have been quite as town-skewed.

As it was the Mason team did not actually play any role in the game due to one of the Mason's being inactive. The loss here was instead due to half the scum team outting themselves and the other half giving up (not that I blame Supa, I would not have given up but after what WP did I certainly don't hold it against Supa for doing so.) but if everyone had participated I think the odds would have been in towns favor just based on setup.