Islam, " only a tiny minority".

Author: Stephen

Total: 259
Yassine
Debates: 3
Yassine
-->
@keithprosser

You are either naive or disengenuous.   You have to ask who was behind the twisting of the facts and for inlaming the people's emotions  - and why.
- I don't know. These things tend to get out of control pretty easily. 

People like you and Stephen seem to think all the hawks are on one side and all the doves on the other and that problem scan be solved by finger pointing.  In the meantime the body count just goes up and up.
- Vainly dismissing the facts & ignoring the realities of the situation from your cloud bubble is a senseless exercise. There is a difference between "pointing fingers" & pointing to the root causes & realities of the issue. 
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
 I'm not trying to shut you up or censor you,

BOLLOCKS!!!  you have been trying to shut me up since I signed up here. I find it odd that you have never once tried to shut me up when I have questioned, criticized and scrutinised Christianity or called me a bigoted "Christianophobe". What you have done instead is call me a racist and bigoted "islamophobe" tried at every turn to link me to the far right, accused me of spreading hate and fear,  and all because you have no fkn answers. That is why you want to shut me and censor me. And  you quickly turn everything personal for the sam fkn reason

but what is needed is more analysis and less rhetoric.

Try "analysing" that vile book the quran or the biography of Muhammad. You won't need much more research than that. 

less rhetoric.

Yes another bullshit and warped claim by the leftist apologist, You are always confusing telling the truth and critical "analysis" with rhetoric.

You also keep avoiding this>>>WHY? 

In fact I am still waiting for your recommendations on what YOU would do about Islam that you say you are no fan of and you say "needs its teeth pulling" and call "backward". here>> https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/1707/why-is-islam-backward

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Snoopy

I think if you want to point fingers on these events, you need to go back before WWII.

This is where I have chosen to point the finger>>>>POST 227  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/2062/no-go-areas-in-the-uk?page=10 

There are a few other factors that must be taken seriously into consideration.

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk ( a secularist) was despised and hated by Muslims when he tried 'reforms' when the Islamic State/caliphate  ended in 1924 up until that time the Islamic Caliphate had existed for over 1400 years and in the time of its existence they had butchered more that 270 million people.

People thought the Islamic State was now a thing of the past, never to return, but in truth it had never gone away; it was there bubbling below the surface, literally. The one factor you have already mentioned, it was the discovery of oil that enabled muslims to resurrect the Islamic State. Discovered by western technology and the same helped them get it out of the ground, refine it and stupidly allowed them to nationalise it. Saudi Arabians went from living in tents and mud huts to living in palaces almost over night. Yes this gift of oil was from Allah because they had been faithful following the quran to the letter as taught by the perfect prophet muhammad and living in his way.

Another  factor is that Sayyid Ruhollah Mūsavi Khomeini,  known in the West as Ayatollah Khomeini, coming to power in 1979.  Now they had the money and the spiritual covering to wage Islamic jihad once more.

Another is Osama bin Laden. He and the mujahideen had defeated a super power and this too was a victory handed to them by Allah for remaining faithful to the words of the quran and walking in the way of the perfect prophet Muhammad and now they believed they were ready to take on the  " Great Satan"  itself, the USA.   Fortunately , what the Soviets couldn't do in ten years, thankfully the Americans did in just under ten weeks.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
you have been trying to shut me up since I signed up here.
I've never questioning your rights to post here.  Like you, I'm not the type to run to the moderators.   I think your posts are one-sided propaganda so I have said so.   You seem  keener to suppress any criticism of your deliberetely inflamatory material than I am to stop you posting it.

I don't want to prevent you posting propaganda - I want you to stop wanting to.

Stephen
Stephen
you have been trying to shut me up since I signed up here.
I've never questioning your rights to post here. 

Not directly.

Like you, I'm not the type to run to the moderators.

And you have proof of that do you? I'll answer that for you, ' no Stephen,  I have  not a single ounce of evidence for that false accusation '. 

I don't deny that I have brought into question moderation a few times on this forum and IN THE OPEN!!!!

I think your posts are one-sided propaganda so I have said so.

Then why do you not give me an example of my "one sided posts of propaganda".  You will probably find that what you are describing as "propaganda"  is in reality, evidence in response and contrary to something you have claimed or a statement you have made. 

You seem  keener to suppress any criticism of your deliberetely inflamatory material than I am to stop you posting it.

NOT   AT   ALL. on the contrary - >>>>>>> I WELCOME YOUR CRITICISM<<<<<<  I don't mind your criticism, because your criticisms  are easy to dispel and debunk.   Again, this is the problem with you and apologist just like you. You have no answers so make all these empty claims  and are confusing evidence of my claims and evidence debunking your claims  with "inflamatory material". Give me an example of  "MY inflammatory material".  

I don't want to prevent you posting propaganda - I want you to stop wanting to.

What you call propaganda I call evidence supporting my claims and or debunking your claims. . 

So let us all see your evidence:

Give me an example of  "MY inflammatory material and one-sided propaganda". 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Yassine
You know there are blasphemy laws in -progressive- Europe too right?
This is interesting.

What we see in the news is clearly sample biased.

Even where these laws are rarely implemented, they can still lead to fines and imprisonment in some countries, such as Italy and Greece. Moving beyond strict EU borders, into Russia or Turkey, the sentences become harsher and more frequent. [LINK]
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen
You have decried me "pointing fingers" at Islam. Where then should I be pointing the finger if not at what I believe is the threat? 
"Islam" is made out of people and those people are members of groups that often believe very different things.

Pretending that there is some uniform monolith called "Islam" is ridiculous.

Do you understand that not all Christians believe exactly the same thing?

Do you understand that not all Jews believe exactly the same thing?

Do you understand that not all Buddhists believe exactly the same thing?

It's time to hang up your BROAAD BRUUSH.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen
When will the Christian masses rise up to protect the witches!!!
They did, and they won, you clown,
I knew you were a witch apologist!
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Yassine
The whole question revolves around your chosen definition of "radical Muslim".

Generally I take that to mean terrorist or supporting terrorist tactics.

By that standard, approximately 20% of Muslims can be described as "radical" or "extremist".
- That looks like an obscenely high number. It's probably more like 0.1%...
Al-Qaeda still commands double-digit support despite its mass killings of Muslims and widespread conspiracy theories that it is a puppet of the CIA and Mossad. Altogether, 13% of Muslims in these countries have a favorable view of Al-Qaeda and 57% have an unfavorable view. [LINK]

I'm not personally convinced that Hezbollah and Hamas are terrorist groups, but Al-Qaeda seems pretty clear-cut.  Let me know if these numbers sound reasonable to you or if you have alternative sources that contradict them.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Yassine
Terrorists are bad.  I hope that's something we can all agree on.

Being a Muslim does not in-and-of-itself make you a terrorist.

Here's your STEEL MAN. [LINK]
- Yeah, no! Sam Harris is an ignorant moron with a knack for words. He has absolutely no clue what he is talking about.
Sam Harris does seem slightly more reasonable than Stephen though.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Yassine
It sounds more like conditional human rights.
- Law is, by design, conditional. In the Islamic Tradition, there are two major camps on this issue. The Hanafi camp which deems Inviolability (Ismah) a human right, for humans are essentially dignified by God. Thus, the default interaction between individuals & states is that of peace, regardless of any social contracts or treaties -that's why they call it Human Inviolability (Ismah Adamyyah). The Maliki-Shafii-Hanbali camp deems Inviolability rather a social right, for it is granted by participation in society. In this case, the default interaction between individuals & states is that of non-inviolability unless otherwise established.
Hanafi scholars refuse to control a human religious or spiritual destiny, and refuse to give that right to any human institution. Among the Hudud crimes, those crimes against God, blasphemy is not listed by the Hanafis. Hanafis concluded that blasphemy could not be punished by the state. The state should not be involved in deciding God-human relationships. Rather, the state should be concerned only with the violation of human rights within the jurisdiction of the human affairs and human relationships. [LINK]
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Yassine
The Oriental Orthodox and the Eastern Orthodox have pretty much the same understanding of piety. It is one of the earliest schisms, and the fsct thst we are so similar is a restament to how faithful we have both been to preserve the faith. The fact that they admit the same Christology as us is proof that they should have went with the church when it came to Chalcedon.

But it'll take a while for the schism to fully be healed. As I said though, we get along great, and we do share our churches with them. They are now training their clergy at our seminaries.

I don't really think the Spanish are entitled to give back any mosques, because Muslims invaded their country. Just as they invaded south Eastern Europe. Just as they invaded India.

And spreading the faith militarily is not our way, as it is written..

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

But spreading the faith militarily is a precedent started even by the one you call prophet, who took his revenge on his persecuters. Yet Jesus Christ said, "That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." And

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@3RU7AL
Well said 3ru7al.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
Get this straight - I am not in the business of putting Islam in a bad light. I am not Stephen. 

And you "get this straight" _ You are more than welcome to try and put islam in a good light. I have been asking you to do this for a very long time now and you have failed to come back with anything at all. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
I've been meaning to ask:
Islam, " only a tiny minority".of what?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
All  explained in Post 1  that is ONE of the op that is , the Original Post, which can be found here>>https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/2141/islam-only-a-tiny-minority?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
It doesn't say anything about what Islam is a tiny part of.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
It doesn't say anything about what Islam is a tiny part of.

THAT! my little sea sponge embrio, is because the thread has nothing to do with ISLAM being an tiny part of anything.

You really must pay attention . I know it can be difficult for you at times especially when there are more than two words in one sentence.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
So this is the title of your thread

But the thread has nothing to with that.
You must have been very confused when you wrote it.
Don't get angry little one, we expect very little from you and you never let us down

Stephen
Stephen

Nope and all explained here>>All  explained in Post 1  that is ONE of the op that is , the Original Post, which can be found here>>https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/2141/islam-only-a-tiny-minority?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
So this is the title of your thread

because the thread has nothing to do with ISLAM being an tiny part of anything.

Don't get angry little one, we expect very little from you and you never let us down

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@disgusted
"The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority"

I guess they're conflating "Islam" and "Muslim".

I'm not sure why Stephen seems to be allergic to simple questions.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@3RU7AL
I'm not sure why Stephen seems to be allergic to simple questions.
It's because he is only informed by white nationalist propaganda and has an unbalanced view of Muslims and all questions are a threat to that belief.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen
BENJAMIN AARON SHAPIRO [LINK] from [POST#1]

Starting at 114s

Countries and 70% blame the United States or Israel or somebody else for 911. - THIS DOES NOT MAKE THEM TERRORISTS.

Define "radicalized" because (based on your chosen examples) it definitely doesn't mean "terrorist".

ARE YOU SCARED YET?  HE ACTUALLY SAYS THIS.  BLATANT FEAR MONGERING.

65% believe Sharia Law is good. - THIS DOES NOT MAKE THEM TERRORISTS.

70% of Egyptian Muslims had positive OR MIXED FEELINGS.  You can't conflate positive and mixed.  THIS IS BLATANTLY DECEPTIVE.  I have mixed feelings about Trump, that doesn't mean I'm a fan.

The percentage of Egyptian Muslims who have positive feelings about Al-Quaeda is about 13%, which still seems high, but 70% is not even close.

76% of Pakistani Muslims believe Sharia Law is good. - THIS DOES NOT MAKE THEM TERRORISTS.

BEN'S PRETTY SHARP SO I'M PRETTY SURE HE KNOWS HE'S SPREADING MISINFORMATION.

ARE YOU SCARED YET?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@3RU7AL
I guess they're conflating "Islam" and "Muslim".

Yes that is what apologists like yourself and prosser do all of the time.

THIS DOES NOT MAKE THEM TERRORISTS.

No it doesn't and I nor Shapiro is saying any such thing.

You only wish he and I were suggesting that. Listen carefully you clown he makes his point extremely clear. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen
The video you posted only talks about Muslims.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@3RU7AL

The video you posted only talks about Muslims.

Yes so? what your point giant boots?

You only wish he and I were suggesting that. Listen carefully you clown he makes his point extremely clear. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen

Please explain what you consider a "Muslim extremist" or "radicalized" and why anyone should "be afraid of them".
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@3RU7AL
Please explain what you consider a "Muslim extremist" or "radicalized" and why anyone should "be afraid of them".

Start a thread and I gladly will give you an explanation.  If you don't want to do that, then fk off my thread which is about the myth of  " only a tiny minority". Now you either debunk the respected  Pew Research point for point or just fk off.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen

Or get super defensive and try to bully others out of the conversation.

Ok, try this one, ONLY A TINY MINORITY OF MUSLIMS ARE DANGEROUS TO THE AVERAGE WESTERN CITIZEN.

Please either agree or disagree.