Throne of Glass Mafia DP1

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 304
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Vader
Tspiras was responsible for reviving the Greek economy...largely by accepting austerity measures advocated by economic conservatives...He's been remarkably pro-business and anti-spending for a leftist, and his deal with Macedonia will end up being hugely beneficial for both countries. 

But this isn't really the discussion to have here. If you want to carry it on, start a new thread and I'll engage.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ILikePie5
Time check?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Why you voting Grey? He's not scum.

Unvote.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Mharman
Where are you traveling?
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@bsh1
Oh I'm  back home. It was a one day road trip. Although I can't get on the computer rn since I don't know the password.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Mharman
How about you soft claim.

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@bsh1
chocolate
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Mharman
Sexy
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Lovely weather we're having.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
unvote
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
Bsh 1 has my spidey sense going off. Asking avout theme earlier I feel like is something scum do more often than town to help thwm navigate how to claim if they have to do so early. Plus tge theme analysis on water is odd. Any experienced player knows that theme analysis is almost pointless.

tempting as it is to play another round of Simon says since that worked out so well last time I am not so sure about this one. Speaking just for myself I don't generally use theme analysis to form reads but talking about it early in DP1 can be useful in breaking the ice and getting a conversation started. Not sure if that was bsh's intent but even if it was not It is important to remember that being wrong =/= being scum.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
With nothing else to go on, I'd lynch on theme analysis for POE. Given that DP1s usually don't have a ton of really good info, I see no problem with using theme analysis to direct a lynch at this point in the game. But I also probably put more stock in theme analysis than others do anyway. Crack the code and find the scum. Why else would we care about character claims?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Why did you vote Grey in the first place?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@bsh1
Why did you vote Grey in the first place?

I wanted his character but that isn't going to happen if I am the only one asking for it so I'm moving on.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Has Warren showed up? He was 'last online 2 hours ago' last time I checked, which was about 2 hours ago.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
So 4 hours ago I guess.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Why did you want his character?

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@bsh1
With nothing else to go on, I'd lynch on theme analysis for POE. Given that DP1s usually don't have a ton of really good info, I see no problem with using theme analysis to direct a lynch at this point in the game. But I also probably put more stock in theme analysis than others do anyway. Crack the code and find the scum. Why else would we care about character claims? 
so far, themewise we have WaterPhoenix as Aedion Ashryver.  Not much theme there.

Am I correct that there are three races in this world- fae, human, & valg?  Perhaps we could start with everybody stating their race.

I think we should be pressuring club, who posted once early to get his PM resent, vanished, lurked, and returned only to VTL Mharman.  I don't know how experienced club is at this game but that does not look like town to me.
oromagi
oromagi

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
I am not going to go into last game's soft claim. Right now, I want your soft claim for this game.
I gave it, though I shouldn't have. 

Wylted
Wylted
Now BSH1 is asking mharMAN FOR HIS SOFT CLAIM. tHIS SEEMS LIKE Role hunting. He is role hunting he is using theme analysis. BSH1 is scum.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@oromagi
I think fishing for that information is not something we should be doing at this stage. Soft claims should be made, but I don't really want anything too concrete.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
 It is important to remember that being wrong =/= being scum.
I agree, but everything about him is just making bells go off in my head.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
 I see no problem with using theme analysis to direct a lynch at this point in the game. But I also probably put more stock in theme analysis than others do anyway. Crack the code and find the scum. Why else would we care about character claims? 
The problem is scum often use theme analysis to misdirect lynches because they can't use actual scum tells because using actual scum tells would cause them to lynch themselves, duh. 

The other problem is you saw me catch both scum on DP1 last game, so we just saw how valuable DP1 can be.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Wylted
DP1 can be valuable, but it usually doesn't contain much useful information. The point, which your comment conveniently glosses over (i.e. ignores), is that absent better information, thematic analysis is a decent basis for a POE lynch.

Separately, scum use theme and behavior to misdirect town. Scum tells are great, but they're not foolproof either. I don't buy the common argument that thematic analysis is bad because it is manipulable. Everything is manipulable. But I find it interesting that you're focusing on this (more so than I did). I asked about the Valg thing, got my answer, townread Water, and moved on. 

You seem to be grasping at flimsy straws to push a lynch on me. Asking for soft claims seems to me less suspect that VTLing for full claims, like Disc. Yet, you're only objecting to my conduct. You're only talking about my brief effort at theme analysis yet ignoring Oro's more consistent focus on the question. These inconsistencies are concerning.

Wylted
Wylted
I'll reread through Oro's posts before I leave the library. I have had blinders on, but it is usually a good thing, because I am almost never wrong when I decide to put them on. That is because somebody is clearly scum before I put them on. I think it is clear who is scum here. I think ORO might be able to go solidly in the town pile. I doubt BSH1 would draw attention to that behavior if they were both scum.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
I do detect a soupcon of over-defensiveness in that last reply.  Not much info to go on so this is more feeling than thinking at present but here's my first 
list from most scum to most town:

Club
Mharman
Bsh1
Warren
Disc
SupaDudz
Wylted
Greyparrot
WaterPho

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
just saw your R1 pop up.  u don't have a link to that DDO debate v bluesteel u referenced handy, do you?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
I think ORO might be able to go solidly in the town pile.

Definitely agree with this, though for different reasons.

You are starting to sway me regarding bsh... I don't have any solid scum reads right now. Really just want Warren to show up
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Goddamnit. I forgot to put a period at the end of the sentence in that last post and I can't go back to edit it because mafia game. That is annoying.