-->
@Vader
What is an influx tax?
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Alec
Unless there is a mathematician or an economist that can prove why a sales tax instead of an income tax is a bad idea, I would say that my tax plan is pretty good.
As Omar said before, removing the income tax and then replacing the deficit with an increase to sales taxes would increase wealth inequality. As for why wealth inequality is bad

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
Unless there is a mathematician or an economist that can prove why a sales tax instead of an income tax is a bad idea, I would say that my tax plan is pretty good.
Unless there is a person who works for NASA that can prove that aliens don't exist, I would say my belief in aliens is pretty good.

That is your argument. If you accept what you said earlier you accept what I said here. 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I think aliens probably exist.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
What music do you like
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
I think aliens probably exist.
Any proof?
How about any proof your tax would work? 

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@David
Can you move this post to the personal section and start reprimanding people for doing this shit?

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The difference is that the fair tax act has been analyzed by economists and proven to be superior to our current system. Also most NASA scientists believe that intelligent life likely exists on other planets, so your belief is the status quo.
Alec
Alec
-->
@WaterPhoenix
I like Rock and roll, rap, and techno music.
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The Fermi paradox confirms that aliens probably exist.

Many states in the US have no income tax and they are doing alright.  

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
Many states in the US have no income tax and they are doing alright.  
What states?
We care about wage inequality right or do you mean something else with "doing alright"?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Wylted
The difference is that the fair tax act has been analyzed by economists and proven to be superior to our current system.
How is your tax proposal more fair than the progressive tax?
In what way is it superior?
Also most NASA scientists believe that intelligent life likely exists on other planets, so your belief is the status quo.
Did I ask for proof or what?  

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Alec is for the abolishment of income tax for a sales tax. His reasoning is this: 
They won't because it would be a small amount.  It's not like they will bring a lawyer with them to a grocery store to avoid paying a sales tax.  They currently don't do that.
And
An income tax discourages income production.  A corporate tax discourages making businesses.

A sales tax encourages you saving your money.
And
Not everyone pays the income tax, so it's not the same.  The rich don't pay income taxes due to loopholes and they have a lot of money.  So even if the average American saves 10% of their money, 1% of sales tax raises the same amount of money as a 2% income tax for everyone.
And
They could save the money for retirement if they need it, or they could invest the money to get more of it.  This applies to the poor/middle class.  The rich earned their money and can use the money for more investment in companies that create jobs that give people wages.  

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It is more fair for the reasons listed on fairtaxact.org and it has been proven to both increase tax revenue while simultaneously reducing everybody's tax burden. It also bring us one step closer to a minimum basic income because of the stipend it sends out.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
In terms of political tenability one of the nice things about eliminating the income tax in its current form is with that you can also cut out some of the means for the political waste that comes from pandering, manipulation, kick backs, loopholes, and ideological nonsense.  
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Wylted
It is more fair for the reasons listed on fairtaxact.org and it has been proven to both increase tax revenue while simultaneously reducing everybody's tax burden. 
Can you explain by increasing something as in tax revenue it reduces something as in individual tax burden?
Your .org doesn't work.
It also bring us one step closer to a minimum basic income because of the stipend it sends out.
While almost removing welfare that isn't UBI?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
In terms of political tenability one of the nice things about eliminating the income tax in its current form is with that you can also cut out some of the means for the political waste that comes from pandering, manipulation, kick backs, loopholes, and ideological nonsense.  
That is if people who did tax avoid when it comes to income tax won't tax avoid on sales tax?

The problem I find is what if they buy a house? That is a lot of money and a portion of their money can be spent lawyering up to reduce taxes on the sale. So basically where most tax can be gained the people with money can simply lawyer up like they did with the income tax. If I wanted to push it a step further even with cheap goods or services they can simply buy things in bulk so that they can warrant the use of a lawyer. The problem isn't fixed it just requires people who are able to buy lawyers to tax avoid to simply use different ways to exploit. I thought of this on the stop I can't imagine what a person with money can find when it comes to loopholes in the sales tax. 

Just to make sure we having something simple confirmed. What are people with a lot of money good at? Sustaining or increasing that source whether it be increasing how much money they earn or find tax loopholes. 

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It is actually fairtax.org sorry. Your last sentence is incomprehensible to me. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Wylted
 Your last sentence is incomprehensible to me. 
Replace almost with also.
Is the idea of the UBI to remove the welfare system and only have that? 

I check the link. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Wylted
It is actually fairtax.org sorry. Your last sentence is incomprehensible to me. 
This seems like a right-wing thinktank or something. Is it and can you give a source not an entire site to sieve through? These were my questions if you forgot:
How is your tax proposal more fair than the progressive tax?
In what way is it superior?
I was replying to this:
The difference is that the fair tax act has been analyzed by economists and proven to be superior to our current system.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Don't you think welfare would be unnecessary with a sufficiently high UBI? 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It is not a right wing think tank amd shouldn't be merely dismissed if it was. A bipartisan panel of experts were put together to replace the current income tax system with a more fair one, this is what they came up with. Am watching Lion King but posted the link if yoy were interested in looking at it furtger on your own
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Wylted
It is not a right wing think tank amd shouldn't be merely dismissed if it was.
Didn't say you should dismiss it.
Am watching Lion King but posted the link if yoy were interested in looking at it furtger on your own
When you do have the time. I would like a link instead of google.co.uk and saying go find it yourself.
It is a comparison as in you are telling me to search an entire site when you could have just given me a link to something supporting your claim.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Been a while since I been on the site. Thought they would have a brief overview on the first page. I will explain more later if prodded. The FAQ should be enough
Wylted
Wylted
I think I give a brief overview in my debate with YYW even if I did not defend it well enough to win. I would search his debates instead of mine since he has less