Ark of The Covenant

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 52
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
and didn't have magical powers!

I don't believe I mentioned "magical" powers  , did I. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
The story does. Haven't you read it.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted

I don't believe I mentioned "magical" powers  , did I. 

The story does. Haven't you read it.

I have read it. And it mentions nothing concerning magic, or anyone involved with it performing magic. So can you show me these verses that include magic?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Yeah the ones concerning the ark and magically killing people. You sure you've read it?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
magically killing people.

How does someone die "magically"?
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
So can you show me these verses that include magic?
It could stop a river flowing:

Josh 3:15
So when those who bore the ark had come to the Jordan, and the feet of the priests bearing the ark were dipped in the edge of the water, 16the waters flowing from above stood still, rising up in a single heap far off at Adam, the city that is beside Zarethan, while those flowing toward the sea of the Arabah, the Dead Sea, were wholly cut off.
(also 4:10)

It was carried around Jericho (accompanied by trumpets) to make the walls of Jericho fall and the Philistines suffered disasters when they captured it:

1 Sam 5:6
The hand of the Lord was heavy upon the people of Ashdod, and he terrified and struck them with tumors, both in Ashdod and in its territory.

Uzzah died because he touched the ark:

2 Sam 6
Uzzah reached out his hand to the ark of God and took hold of it, for the oxen shook it. 7The anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and God struck him there because he reached out his hand to the ark; and he died there beside the ark of God.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
And in What section of the library will one find this story 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
So can you show me these verses that include magic?
It could stop a river flowing:

Josh 3:15
So when those who bore the ark had come to the Jordan, and the feet of the priests bearing the ark were dipped in the edge of the water, 16the waters flowing from above stood still, rising up in a single heap far off at Adam, the city that is beside Zarethan, while those flowing toward the sea of the Arabah, the Dead Sea, were wholly cut off.
(also 4:10)

It was carried around Jericho (accompanied by trumpets) to make the walls of Jericho fall and the Philistines suffered disasters when they captured it:

1 Sam 5:6
The hand of the Lord was heavy upon the people of Ashdod, and he terrified and struck them with tumors, both in Ashdod and in its territory.

Uzzah died because he touched the ark:

2 Sam 6
Uzzah reached out his hand to the ark of God and took hold of it, for the oxen shook it. 7The anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and God struck him there because he reached out his hand to the ark; and he died there beside the ark of God.

The question was for the single celled amoeba. But never mind, you'll do.  Yes. I have read those description and stories of the Ark.  So this was magic was it. And does the scripture say the Ark performed magic? From what I read it clearly states that  the Ark did these things but they mention nothing about magic. The people involved mention nothing of magic either, not a single word in fact. No, they were very adamant and precise when describing how deadly this box was, I have no reason to doubt that what they witnessed was very  real and they were frightened of it.. I would agree, they are mystical events, but I doubt this was magic.

Scientist for decades have been suggesting - going by the specs - that   what these artificers had built was a portable capacitor which when not handled correctly was a serious piece of dangerous kit. I will go with the likes of Nikola Tesla on this one :

"The Bible describes precisely and minutely arrangements constituting a machine in which electricity was generated by friction of air against silk curtains and stored in a box constructed like a condenser. It is very plausible to assume that the sons of Aaron were killed by a high tension discharge". 
For the benefit of the plankton who do not know who the great inventor Nikola Tesla was. Nikola Tesla was a Serbian-American inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, and futurist who is best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current electricity supply system.

The term condenser is an older word for what we now know as a capacitor, or an electrical machine capable of storing energy. Tesla thought that the Ark generated static electricity by causing air to rub against the silk curtains of the tabernacle.. This created static electricity which was then stored inside the Ark, turning the box into a giant Leyden Jar; a very dangerous piece of kit indeed. Is it any wonder they tell us it had to be carried on wooden poles.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
How does someone die "magically"?
You haven't read it all, why do you lie so much?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Just look at this drivel.
1st The entire story is a fiction.
2nd Creating a condenser out of wood is hilarious.
3rd We know it's fiction with all the references to their pack animal dinosaurs.

Don't you know it's magic, oh baby it's magic, magic carpet ride for a woman in love.
lol.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
2nd Creating a condenser out of wood is hilarious.

It wasn't just wood bone head. Have you read it? 

11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.

And are you in a better position than the likes of one of the greatests inventors of his time and our time to describe how to make a condenser/capacitor?  I wouldn't let you near a three pinned plug

You don't believe it, you have stated so,. I accept that you don't believe it, so now you can fk off, can't you. You are not wanted on this thread anyway. This thread is for grown ups to discuss this staange, mystical and powerful object.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
It wasn't just wood bone head. Have you read it? 

11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.

And are you in a better position than the likes of one of the greatests inventors of his time and our time to describe how to make a condenser/capacitor?  I wouldn't let you near a three pinned plug

You don't believe it, you have stated so,. I accept that you don't believe it, so now you can fk off, can't you. You are not wanted on this thread anyway. This thread is for grown ups to discuss this staange, mystical and powerful object.

I'm flabbergasted that a person with your so limited intellect and knowledge is aware of Teslar.
The entire story of Exodus is a complete fiction, your obsession with arguing over the minutia of that fictional story is at the very least amusing.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen
Whatever it was and where ever it is , it was a powerful piece of technology.
Whatever it was and wherever it is , it was a powerful piece of mythology.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
This might blow some minds.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
More stuff pretty relevant.

The Ark of the covenant is a type and shadow of Mary the Theotokos. 

That is how we understand it.

We have always looked at scripture in a typological sense, which is very different than the secular approach or even a lot of contemporary evangelical/protestant approaches.

disgusted
disgusted
hey mop.
So you agree that it's fiction.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
Wrong
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Don't bother
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
why
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Do you know why this would be the case?

The ark was fucked because Moshe chose two carpenters to make it and one of then was 6'4" and the other was 4'9" oi vey. You don't get it.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Wrong 
disgusted
disgusted
Anybody?
Do you know why this would be the case?

The ark was fucked because Moshe chose two carpenters to make it and one of then was 6'4" and the other was 4'9" oi vey. You don't get it.