Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin

Very true, gaming is dying and it's all Fortnite :(
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You're acting as if this is a new thing. 

This has always happened throughout history where kids are all obsessed with a certain game. 

Minecraft, roblox, and COD come to mind instantly. 

I could imagine in a few years or so the fortnite craze will end and the younger generation will move onto a new game. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Pinkfreud08
Variety gaming is dead, though, it used to be succesful
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Perhaps, however as we see with the success of the PS4 and Switch, a good chunk of gamers are interested in varied exclusives that Nintendo and PlayStation typically offer. 

Nintendo offers 2d platformers, 3d platformers, racing games, sports games, fighting games, and RPG's. 

Playstation offers exclusive shooters, platformers, RPGs, JRPGS, Third-person shooters, story-driven games, and racing games. 

Xbox which has the least variety with mostly offering nothing but shooters is having the worse off sales. 

Granted there are other reasons that go into this however regardless there is something to be said with the fact that the two best selling consoles have the most variety and best of exclusives. 

Granted you could make the argument that people play on PlayStation due to its 3rd party games however Nintendo still stands. 

Especially when you consider that Nintendo's consoles sell primarily on exclusives for the most part. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Pinkfreud08
I can agree that a platform has a huge part today, usually games that are mutli-platformed that have full dedicated fans get more youtubers than a one platform games, I consider variety a huge variety of types of games, such as Jacksepticeye, he is the only one who is still left