Is Trump blowing it?

Author: dylancatlow

Total: 78
dylancatlow
Debates: 0
dylancatlow
-->
@ebuc
The wicked evil he speaks of starts in his own soul.  He has not not spoke-out against white national supremacist   ---because of his primarily white nationalist cultist base of Trump followers--- until  today.  He has seen the writing on the wall that it his own rhetoric that is major part of inciting this violence.

If Trump were as despicable as you're suggesting, there'd be no need to resort to lies about his previous conduct as president. That you choose to denounce him for "failing to speak out against" a group of people he condemned by name suggests that your emotions may be getting in the way here. I call what you're saying a "lie" because it is directly contradicted by Trump's statement following the Charlottesville car attack. Now enough of your liberal shenanigans, please.

Trump: And as I have said many times before:  No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God.  We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence.  We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.
Racism is evil.  And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@TheRealNihilist
What exactly did either of those sites say about "sanctions on China"?

What do you mean Trump hasn't built his wall yet and that "it hasn't happened yet"? It's been assembled for like a year now! It wasn't easy, and it wasn't a literal solid wall, but rather a tall fence that you could see through.

What do you mean when you say Iran isn't a national security. It says here that "President Donald J. Trump announced a new strategy on Iran and outlined a number of steps the United States is taking to confront the Iranian regime’s hostile actions and ensure the country never acquires a nuclear weapon." http://www.magapill.com/donald-trump-accomplishments/state-department/United-States-Announces-a-New-Strategy-on-Iran.html

I think it's great that we're making sure that another country can't get a potential nuclear weapon to potentially use against us or something, don't you agree?

Also, the website did in fact cite sources. Did you miss that too?

Here. I drew a big red circle around the link to the source with arrows pointing to it so you can clearly see it, in case you might have missed it or something. https://i.imgur.com/tPa4hjN.png

I don't think the site is claiming that Trump started economic growth instead of Obama, but rather that Trump is drastically improving it.

Maybe I AM just using this to confirm some kind of bias that I have, but either way, Trump is getting some things done.

Maybe he just isn't getting ENOUGH done? Or maybe he just hasn't done anything SIGNIFICANT or anything that truly stands out? I don't know.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@dylancatlow
That you choose to denounce him for "failing to speak out against" a group of people he condemned by name suggests that your emotions may be getting in the way here. I call what you're saying a "lie" because it is directly contradicted by Trump's statement following the Charlottesville car attack.
Never have I ever seen him denounce white nationlist supremeacist. Never until today is what I stated and if you have evidence he spoke specifically against white nationlistic supremacist in past, please share the evidence.  I ve never seen it.

dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@ebuc
My previous post included a quote from Trump in which he explicitly condemned white supremacists as evil, but apparently you didn't notice it. Here it is for the second time:

Trump: And as I have said many times before:  No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God.  We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence.  We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.
Racism is evil.  And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@dylancatlow
Where did you get that quote?
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Christen
What exactly did either of those sites say about "sanctions on China"?
"The Trump Administration proposed adding 25 percent additional tariffs on certain products that are supported by China’s unfair industrial policy."
If you understand sanctions they do not work. Both countries will be harmed by the process while the people of those countries being harmed the most. 
Here is an article detailing how bad it is for Americans:
Sorry about using sanctions as tariffs but they are similar. 
What do you mean Trump hasn't built his wall yet and that "it hasn't happened yet"? It's been assembled for like a year now! It wasn't easy, and it wasn't a literal solid wall, but rather a tall fence that you could see through.
"Build the Wall" is not a fence.
Can you show me what is built? When was it as well?
What do you mean when you say Iran isn't a national security. It says here that "President Donald J. Trump announced a new strategy on Iran and outlined a number of steps the United States is taking to confront the Iranian regime’s hostile actions and ensure the country never acquires a nuclear weapon." http://www.magapill.com/donald-trump-accomplishments/state-department/United-States-Announces-a-New-Strategy-on-Iran.html
Politicians say a lot but don't deliver. Has that strategy been implemented? Do you believe a liar? It is likely the US will go to war with Iran and make up some post hoc rationalization like we were threatened, we did it for democracy, terrorism or they are a dictatorship. You can even see it in the source you gave me his rationalization of murdering a little threat. Where in that source did it start Iran was even a threat to the US again?
I think it's great that we're making sure that another country can't get a potential nuclear weapon to potentially use against us or something, don't you agree?
UK has a nuclear but you don't see them firing at the US. Why not improve our relationship with Iran instead of killing their people?
Also, the website did in fact cite sources. Did you miss that too?
Here. I drew a big red circle around the link to the source with arrows pointing to it so you can clearly see it, in case you might have missed it or something. https://i.imgur.com/tPa4hjN.png
Go back the previous point and tell me where you gave the magpill website? Go on. I'll wait. I won't draw a circles and arrows to guide the way. I am sure you can make it back to your comment #56 where you don't actually see you giving me the magpill website.
All I got from the link was. Trump has got a plan. Iran are bad. No specifics just generalities.
I don't think the site is claiming that Trump started economic growth instead of Obama, but rather that Trump is drastically improving it.
Source please showing from 2009 till now and we'll see the drastic growth occurred or not. Where was the source here?
Maybe I AM just using this to confirm some kind of bias that I have, but either way, Trump is getting some things done. 
Overshadowed by much bigger things he has or hasn't done.
Maybe he just isn't getting ENOUGH done? Or maybe he just hasn't done anything SIGNIFICANT or anything that truly stands out? I don't know.
What do you want me to say this to? 
Christen
Christen
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It is likely the US will go to war with Iran and make up some post hoc rationalization like we were threatened, we did it for democracy, terrorism or they are a dictatorship.
I don't think so, because the president requires approval from congress to go to war with any country, and it wouldn't make sense for congress to approve of "some post hoc rationalization like we were threatened, we did it for democracy, terrorism or they are a dictatorship" over an actual legitimate reason to go to war.

The War Powers Resolution (also known as the War Powers Resolution of 1973 or the War Powers Act) (50 U.S.C. 1541–1548)[1] is a federal law intended to check the president's power to commit the United States to an armed conflict without the consent of the U.S. Congress.

You can even see it in the source you gave me his rationalization of murdering a little threat.
I guess it's better that we're "mudering a little threat" now, while it's little, rather than waiting for that little threat to escalate into a much bigger and more dangerous and serious threat, right?

Where in that source did it start Iran was even a threat to the US again?
Here are 2 articles/studies that explain how Iran has so much terrorism going on.

One of them even says, and I quote: Since the Islamic Revolution in 1979, Iran has been one of the world’s most active sponsors of terrorism. Tehran has armed, trained, financed, inspired, organized, and otherwise supported dozens of violent groups over the years. 1 Iran has backed not only groups in its Persian Gulf neighborhood, but also terrorists and radicals in Lebanon, the Palestinian territories, Bosnia, the Philippines, and elsewhere2 This support remains strong even today: the U.S. government regularly contends that Iran is tied to an array of radical groups in Iraq.

UK has a nuclear but you don't see them firing at the US.
Maybe it's because they don't have so much terrorism, hatred, violence, and corruption like Iran and Iraq do? Maybe it's because were allies with them and not enemies? https://uk.usembassy.gov/our-relationship/policy-history/

The United States has no closer ally than the United Kingdom, and British foreign policy emphasizes close coordination with the United States.

Why not improve our relationship with Iran instead of killing their people?
It's not possible to "improve our relationship" with everyone. Some people will always hate you no matter what, some nations are a lost cause, and I guess the best thing we can do is work on cutting down on all the terrorism, nuclear weapons, and corruption over there, since we don't trust them enough.

Go back the previous point and tell me where you gave the magpill website?

Source please showing from 2009 till now and we'll see the drastic growth occurred or not. Where was the source here?
This article explains the economic growth under Donald Trump. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of_Donald_Trump

Trump's tax reform plan was signed into law in December 2017, which included substantial tax cuts for higher income taxpayers and corporations as well as repeal of a key Obamacare element, the individual mandate.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@dylancatlow
I want to know your source.

I'm seeing today that Trump disbanded domestic violence officials and downgraded the person who led that task force.

And the financial resources were cut for those task forces.

Dylacatlow, your in denial and continue to promote and encourage the  sick-n-the-head actions of this immoral racist white nationlist president.

Wasnt Steve Bannon a white nationalist? He is sick-n-the-head just like trump and all of their cult followers. Sad :--(

...."We're the platform for the alt-right," Bannon said in July, using a term that is really just a rebranding of traditional white nationalism. 
Under Bannon, Breitbart published a call to “hoist [the Confederate flag] high and fly it with pride” only two weeks after the Charleston massacre when the country was still reeling from the horrors of the murders.
Under Bannon, Breitbart published an extremist anti-Muslim tract where the author wrote that “rape culture” is “integral” to Islam."....

.....The Trump administration has invited multiple right-wing figures and conservative groups to a “social media summit” slated for July 11. Some of these figures have ties to white nationalists and far-right figures, and others have pushed extremism and conspiracy theories themselves, such as the “QAnon” conspiracy theory, anti-Semitic attacks on George Soros, and smears targeting multiple Democratic presidential candidates."...

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@ebuc
The rebel flag, otherwise known as the "confederate flag" is generally symbolic of rebellion.  To many people its primary association is as a historic emblem of battle, detached from white supremacy, but to others it is associated with conflicts in recent memory that were instigated by white supremacists.   Obviously, only racists and ignorant people use it to promote racism, and it is often argued by honorable men that a minority of freak shows should not be allowed to define Southern heritage, as the far right shouldn't be allowed to own Old Glory.

dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@disgusted
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@ebuc

It's from his speech... the one he made publicly, for all the world to hear. But apparently you liberals only heard the words you wanted to. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Christen
I don't think so, because the president requires approval from congress to go to war with any country, and it wouldn't make sense for congress to approve of "some post hoc rationalization like we were threatened, we did it for democracy, terrorism or they are a dictatorship" over an actual legitimate reason to go to war.

The War Powers Resolution (also known as the War Powers Resolution of 1973 or the War Powers Act) (50 U.S.C. 1541–1548)[1] is a federal law intended to check the president's power to commit the United States to an armed conflict without the consent of the U.S. Congress.
If you read this:
There are actually 2 ways he can simply go to war without congresses support. 
1) Emergency powers
2) Commander in chief. You might say the War Powers Resolutions act of 1973 which you did but that didn't stop the conflict in Panama, Korean War, Vietnam war and Grenada conflict. 
I guess it's better that we're "mudering a little threat" now, while it's little, rather than waiting for that little threat to escalate into a much bigger and more dangerous and serious threat, right?
How about becoming allies? Is that out of the question or something?
Here are 2 articles/studies that explain how Iran has so much terrorism going on.

One of them even says, and I quote: Since the Islamic Revolution in 1979, Iran has been one of the world’s most active sponsors of terrorism. Tehran has armed, trained, financed, inspired, organized, and otherwise supported dozens of violent groups over the years. 1 Iran has backed not only groups in its Persian Gulf neighborhood, but also terrorists and radicals in Lebanon, the Palestinian territories, Bosnia, the Philippines, and elsewhere2 This support remains strong even today: the U.S. government regularly contends that Iran is tied to an array of radical groups in Iraq.
Can I have a better source than a book that states Iran has been aiding terrorism?
Maybe it's because they don't have so much terrorism, hatred, violence, and corruption like Iran and Iraq do? Maybe it's because were allies with them and not enemies? https://uk.usembassy.gov/our-relationship/policy-history/

The United States has no closer ally than the United Kingdom, and British foreign policy emphasizes close coordination with the United States.
I had a question earlier.
It's not possible to "improve our relationship" with everyone. Some people will always hate you no matter what, some nations are a lost cause, and I guess the best thing we can do is work on cutting down on all the terrorism, nuclear weapons, and corruption over there, since we don't trust them enough.

Guess you don't need to answer the question. The US hasn't tried a peaceful resolution to the conflict. Obama's deal was a bandage not a fix.Why not try and rule that out instead of killing a lot of people?
My bad. Can you next time when copying links have each of them in separate lines?
This article explains the economic growth under Donald Trump. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of_Donald_Trump

Trump's tax reform plan was signed into law in December 2017, which included substantial tax cuts for higher income taxpayers and corporations as well as repeal of a key Obamacare element, the individual mandate.
This is not answering what I asked. Show me a graph of economic growth between 2009 till now. You are cherry-picking here where I want you to show me the entire economic growth. I'll do it myself since you can't. 
Go to the table that is "U.S. GDP by Year Since 1929 Compared to Major Events"

2009 GDP growth -2.5%
2010 GDP growth  2.6% 
2011 GDP growth  1.6%
2012 GDP growth  2.2%
2013 GDP growth  1.8%
2014 GDP growth  2.5%
2015 GDP growth  2.9%
2016 GDP growth  1.6%
2017 GDP growth  2.4%
2018 GDP growth  2.9%

Where is the massive growth that Trump created? It seems to me like when Trump took office the economic growth reduced then he had to reduce taxes so that from his poor start with economic growth went back to numbers Obama was getting. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@dylancatlow
But apparently you liberals only heard the words you wanted to. 
I'm not famaliar with that web site ergo I have no reason to trust its validity.

This does not address any of my other comments as stated, and your the one who is ignoring. Not I.

Trump and all of his racists, white nationalist supremacists need to be banned.

Please share when you want to stop ignoring truth and encouarging racist, bigoted white nationalist supremacist.

So now lets here from Moscow Mitch { Putins bitch } who is another supporter of racist, bigoted. white nationalist supremacism.

Trump has grown the swamp of immorality and violence.  Trump has surrounded himself with only the worst and you Dyncatlow are in denial of these truths.  Why? Because your ego and spiritual soul is ashamed. As it well should be. Sad :--(

dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@ebuc
Okay, crazy. Then watch the video I linked to, where you can see Trump himself saying those words. 
Christen
Christen
-->
@TheRealNihilist
How about becoming allies? Is that out of the question or something?
Maybe it's not out of the question, but at the same time, I don't blame the United States for not wanting to be friends with a country that has massive corruption, massive terrorism, supports hatred/violence, and has already destroyed several valuable pieces of United States property. https://www.vox.com/2019/6/20/18692644/iran-drone-attack-war

Iranian forces just shot down a US military drone, a major escalation that could push the two-month standoff between America and the Islamic Republic into very dangerous territory — and possibly bring the two countries much closer to war.

“This was an unprovoked attack on a US surveillance asset in international airspace.”

The downed surveillance drone was an RQ-4A Global Hawk, Urban added, an aircraft that costs roughly $130 million.

President Donald Trump is unhappy with Iran’s action, tweeting Thursday morning that “Iran made a very big mistake!”

It’s also possible that Iran tried to shoot down a second drone but missed, according to Fox News. There seems to be a pattern: Last week, the US military said Iran tried to strike a US drone with a missile as well.

This isn’t the first time Iran has taken out a US military drone. In 2011, for example, the country brought down a US spy drone flying about 140 miles into the Islamic Republic’s territory, going so far as to show footage of it on state television.

I don't think Trump himself is even sure if we could become allies with Iran or not. He did say, here, that we wishes to be "their best friend," but I don't know if he might change his mind or something. https://www.reuters.com/video/2019/06/22/trump-to-tehran-make-iran-great-again?videoId=565614392
This secretary also tweeted that Donald Trump does not want war with Iran, but neither side seems to be backing down. https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status/1141400278169788416
Donald Trump himself also talked about how "Iran yelled Death to America". https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1142055375186907136

He does not want Iran to have nuclear weapons because he does not trust them enough to let them have it, and the more that they say things like this, promote hatred, and call for violence and death to others, I don't think he's going to even consider making friends with them anytime soon, let alone trusting them enough to release the sanctions on them and let them have what they want, anytime soon.

Where is the massive growth that Trump created? It seems to me like when Trump took office the economic growth reduced then he had to reduce taxes so that from his poor start with economic growth went back to numbers Obama was getting.
The first problem with that statistic is that it doesn't account for 2019. It only accounts for the prior years. Maybe we need to wait for it to get updated or something? I don't know. I don't even fully know how GDPs work either, or if they're even 100% accurate, but I do know that GDP (which stands for Gross Domestic Product) is the combined value of all goods/services and/or income in the country each year, so i'll take your word for it.

The second thing is that it doesn't specify which month the economic growth dropped and then rose up again - only the year. This matters because, then, we can confirm that it was WHEN Trump took the office, that the economic growth reduced, and not just prior.

Third, how exactly did Trump becoming president in 2016 > lead to the economic growth dropping? How do we know that it was specifically Trump responsible for this and not Obama, when Obama was still president in 2016 up until Trump got elected?

Sorry for not accurately answering what you said about that. I didn't know that it was specifically a graph that you were looking for... and yeah, I'll put links under each other next time, too!
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Christen
Iranian forces just shot down a US military drone, a major escalation that could push the two-month standoff between America and the Islamic Republic into very dangerous territory — and possibly bring the two countries much closer to war.
Iran said it was in their airspace. Since we don't actually know what airspace it was until we do can we see it as least in the air about if the drone was in Iranian airspace or not?
The first problem with that statistic is that it doesn't account for 2019. It only accounts for the prior years. Maybe we need to wait for it to get updated or something? 
Trump taxes were actually put in during January 2018. From the link I gave below. The tax made GDP growth go up to 3.5 from 2.8 which went back down to 2.9 which then drastically dropped down to 1.1. So the tax did help but it didn't increase GDP growth for the whole year only 1/4 of it which I consider a bad policy. Do you agree?
To see what I saw simply click 1Y. 
The second thing is that it doesn't specify which month the economic growth dropped and then rose up again - only the year. This matters because, then, we can confirm that it was WHEN Trump took the office, that the economic growth reduced, and not just prior.
Click 10Y. What do you think?
Third, how exactly did Trump becoming president in 2016 > lead to the economic growth dropping? How do we know that it was specifically Trump responsible for this and not Obama, when Obama was still president in 2016 up until Trump got elected?
Given the new source I gave. Sorry I didn't give it sooner. 
Trump was elected during January 27th 2017.
The data doesn't show when Trump was elected there was a drop in GDP. Sorry.
The position I will move to is that in January 19 the GDP growth was at 1.1 percent which is bad. Do you disagree?
And also Obama created the most GDP growth and the recession under Obama caused the least amount of GDP growth. Do you disagree? 
Sorry for not accurately answering what you said about that. I didn't know that it was specifically a graph that you were looking for... and yeah, I'll put links under each other next time, too!
Don't worry about it. It was a table but I gave an actual graph above to look at. 
Christen
Christen
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Based on what you've shown, it looks like, under Obama, the GDP was constantly rising up massively, and then plummeting massively, all they way down into the negatives, at least twice, whereas under Trump, the GDP seems to have remained consistent, not rapidly rising, but not rapidly declining so much, either, compared to Obama.

I don't know what conclusion I should come to. Yes, it's "a bad policy" IF you favored the GDP rapidly rising but also rapidly dropping negatively, but still an okay one or even a pretty good one if you favor the GDP remaining mostly consistent so far, and it looks like it's just remaining pretty high consistently. Do you want a GDP that just goes up and down like a roller coaster, or do you want one that doesn't go up so much but doesn't go down so much either and just rises very slowly, and/or is more consistent?

Looking at 1Y specifically, I guess the reason that it suddenly dropped to 1.1 was because Trump did shut down the government to fund the border wall, which did cost quite a bit of money, but, afterwards, it rose up back to normal. Sometimes it can be necessary to make the GDP go down temporarily for the sake of a greater cause like making the border more secure from illegal aliens. I'm not too sure.

This article shows different factors than can either increase or decrease the GDP. https://www.economicshelp.org/macroeconomics/economic-growth/causes-economic-growth/

It does say that "Lower income tax will increase the disposable income of consumers and increases consumer spending (C)." which would increase the Aggregate Demand and increase the GDP, so wouldn't Trump's tax cuts be a good thing? Or is it simply not good enough since it "did help but it didn't increase GDP growth for the whole year only 1/4 of it"?

Also, maybe it's a little too early to compare how Obama handled the GDP, overall, with how Trump handled it, overall. Obama has been president for 8 years (2008 to 2016) and, at the time I am posting this, Trump has only been president for 3 years (2016 to 2019). Make that 2 years if you only start counting from the time that he was inaugurated (which is January 20, 2017) instead of the time that he won the election (November 9, 2016). Maybe in a few weeks or months, Trump might very well beat Obama's "record" and improve the GDP even more, but right now, Trump hasn't had the same amount of time that Obama did, so it doesn't seem fair to compare Obama's 8 years of GDP to Trump's 2/3 years of GDP. Remember that, in 2011, the GDP dropped drastically, twice, into the negatives.
In fact, if you compare the GDP during Trump's first 2 years of presidency, and the GDP during Obama's first 2 years of presidency (2008 to 2010), then you can see that Trump did, in fact, do a much better job at boosting the economy than Obama did.

So far, both Trump and Obama contributed to improving the economy and GDP, but Trump improved it much quicker than Obama did. Maybe this doesn't really matter in the long run, but it's still worth noting.

As for Iran...

Regardless of which side was correct, regarding the drone being shot down, would you want to be friends with the very people who:

promote terrorism and violence towards women and other innocents https://anfenglish.com/women/domestic-violence-against-women-in-iran-increased-by-20-percent-28457

supported the September 11 2001 attacks on the world trade centers? https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/05/judge-iran-pay-6bn-victims-911-attacks-180501120240366.html

and advocate for your death too, calling for death to your country?

To be fair, I can understand why some people on the other side of the issue would still want to pursue some kind of truce with these groups. Generally speaking, most people don't like wars, even those that fight in them. War is quite hellish, and there are often disasters and casualties from both sides due to wars. Many soldiers who die on the battlefield risk being forgotten. Many soldiers who survive the battlefield risk developing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or something else that affects them for years to come. Sometimes, one war can lead to many more wars. If one side harms the other and the other side fights back, and both sides keep retaliating with neither side winning or losing, then the war could go on for decades if neither side looks for forgiveness or backs down, and instead decides that the only solution is to keep the war going and keep losing lives. Because of this, it does make sense to seek peace instead of war, even against those that seriously wrong you.

At the same time though, sometimes war is necessary. It was necessary to free slaves (Civil War), it was necessary to put at end to the Nazis (Holocaust/WW2), it was necessary to achieve independence from Britain (Revolutionary War), it was necessary to reduce the spread of communism (Vietnam War), and another war may very well be necessary to keep the Iranians from getting nuclear weapons.

So, yeah, there are some valid arguments for war, and also some valid arguments against war. Both sides of this have fair points to make. I know a war isn't what people really want, but it might be what we could end up getting...
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Christen
Sometimes it can be necessary to make the GDP go down temporarily for the sake of a greater cause like making the border more secure from illegal aliens. I'm not too sure.
I was looking at just GDP growth. Trump's government shutdown was bad for economic growth.
In fact, if you compare the GDP during Trump's first 2 years of presidency, and the GDP during Obama's first 2 years of presidency (2008 to 2010), then you can see that Trump did, in fact, do a much better job at boosting the economy than Obama did.
I don't think that is fair. Given that Obama had to deal with a thing he didn't start like a recession whereas Trump in his first 3 years caused something of his own will. I would like to compare first 3 years instead of just 2 years given that the government shutdown helps my case.
but Trump improved it much quicker than Obama did. Maybe this doesn't really matter in the long run, but it's still worth noting.
Can you explain this? Can you point to individual occurrences on the graph to show that Trump caused higher GDP growth than Obama?
promote terrorism and violence towards women and other innocents https://anfenglish.com/women/domestic-violence-against-women-in-iran-increased-by-20-percent-28457
No but do you American soldiers murdered that could be diplomatically solved as in if you agree to X we won't do X?
supported the September 11 2001 attacks on the world trade centers? https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/05/judge-iran-pay-6bn-victims-911-attacks-180501120240366.html
It is justified from Iran's perspective given they had a puppet government created by the US.
I guess there are more stuff but I'll keep with that.
and advocate for your death too, calling for death to your country?
If they really meant it. They would have tried to have a war with America but they haven't which means there is still a chance to resolve this peacefully before they not just advocating for death while also committing to it.
Because of this, it does make sense to seek peace instead of war, even against those that seriously wrong you.
Which is why I am against it. Think of the American casualties. Some of them will die. Some of them will be injured. Some of them will be scarred for life mentally or physically. America has the well funded to make Iran see them seriously. It only takes a diplomat to make an agreement to be made. I hope Trump is the guy since if he isn't I think there will be a conflict during his presidency with Iran.
At the same time though, sometimes war is necessary. It was necessary to free slaves (Civil War)
Well a better way for slaves to be free is to not kill each other to make it happen. Sure that might be wishful thinking but that can't be shoved off the table until an attempt has made for a peaceful resolution.
it was necessary to put at end to the Nazis (Holocaust/WW2)
Still would try a peaceful resolution but know it wouldn't really happen given the ideology.
it was necessary to achieve independence from Britain (Revolutionary War), it was necessary to reduce the spread of communism (Vietnam War), and another war may very well be necessary to keep the Iranians from getting nuclear weapons.
1st answer again.
I know a war isn't what people really want, but it might be what we could end up getting...
I would like to avoid it if possible.