Why do you believe in God?

Author: TheAtheist

Total: 393
GuitarSlinger
Debates: 15
GuitarSlinger
-->
@3RU7AL
- If you can't prove Proposition #1 is true, then it leaves open the possibility that Proposition #2 is true.  It doesn't mean Proposition#2 IS true, but rather COULD BE true - Likewise, if you can't prove Proposition #2 is true, then it leave open the possibility that Proposition #1 is true.  It doesn't mean Proposition #1 IS true, but rather could be true
All alligators are crocodiles, but not all crocodiles are alligators.**

You are mis-understanding my illustrations of the Law of Non-Contradiction.  Your alligators vs crocodiles statement are not necessarily contradicting propositions.  The law of non-contradiction states two contradicting propositions can not both be true at the same time in the same sense.  

Proposition 1 - X is an alligator
     Proposition 2 - X is not an alligator

Both 1 and 2 can't be true at the same time in the same sense

Proposition 1 - X is a crocodile
     Proposition 2 - X  is not a crocodile

Proposition 1 - All alligators are crocodiles
     Proposition 2 - all alligators are not crocodiles

Proposition 1 - X is True
    Proposition 2 - X is Not True

Both 1 and 2 can't be true at the same time and in the same sense.  

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@3RU7AL
Spinoza's God

“That eternal and infinite being we call God"

"Early in The Ethics Spinoza argues that there is only one Substance, which is absolutely infinite, self-caused, and eternal. Substance causes an infinite number of attributes (the intellect perceiving an abstract concept or essence) and modes (things following from attributes and modes). He calls this Substance "God""

Sounds like God to me lol...
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@EtrnlVw
Spinoza's God
“That eternal and infinite being we call God"

"Early in The Ethics Spinoza argues that there is only one Substance, which is absolutely infinite, self-caused, and eternal. Substance causes an infinite number of attributes (the intellect perceiving an abstract concept or essence) and modes (things following from attributes and modes). He calls this Substance "God""

Sounds like God to me lol...
Well then, I'm glad we can agree.