Just curious. Not asking for your personal opinions on these issues, asking for whether you think these are balanced and interesting debates.
- Governments should actively prevent gentrification.
- The NSA should alert software manufacturers of all zero-day vulnerabilities it finds in order for them to patch these defects.
- In cinema, creating new lead characters for minorities (e.g., Black Panther, Hancock) is better than recasting existing roles played by members of social majorities with minority actors (e.g., Ghostbusters, The Little Mermaid).
- The United States should break up Amazon.com, Inc.
- Newly established governments in postconflict societies should adopt truth and reconciliation commissions.
- Payday lending should be illegal.
- It would be preferable to the status quo if national legislatures reserved seats for politicians under the age of 30.
- Countries should ban the practice of “bride importing.”
- A world where people took in their elderly parents would be preferable to one where they supported them to live separately.
- China’s attempts to become a dominant global power are regrettable.
- Charities and humanitarian organizations should not use graphic images of suffering in their ad campaigns.
- The glorification of soldiers as heroes does more harm than good.
- South Africa should forcibly break up exclusive Afrikaaner enclaves.
- Protections of international law conventions and treaties should not apply to combatants from terrorist organizations (e.g., prohibitions on torture, prisoner of war status, guarantee of post-conflict release).
- Governments should implement substantial measures to impose long-termism in corporate investment culture (e.g., minimum holding periods for shares, yearly rather than quarterly financial reporting, long-term executive compensation plans).
- Megacities should be granted autonomous control over their economic and social policy (e.g. immigration, health, criminal justice) with national taxation policy remaining under the control of the federal government.
- The United States should actively disengage from Syria.
- Developing countries should privatize their state-owned enterprises.
- The World Health Organization should adopt a convention which bans the sell of drugs with high resistance tendencies (e.g., antibiotics) to countries which do not comply with WHO guidelines regarding their medical and agricultural use.
- Governments should significantly increase their use of big data-based predictive models in decisionmaking to replace human judgments (e.g., criminal justice policy, allocation of healthcare resources, housing development).
- Governments should require that all financial institutions back up all deposits with an equivalent value of government-backed safe assets.
- On balance, humanity will likely be worse off 100 years from now.