What's up with all the mass shootings & terrorism in USA?

Author: Yassine

Total: 109
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Most killers are males because they are far more likely to act out on their suicidal impulses than women. It's basic biology.

Most successful suicides are males.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

More men fall into the bad end of the tail for random personality traits, so you will see far more male outliers than women capable of performing atrocities ...couple this with the driving testosterone that encourages risky behaviors among males...

More male criminals, more male stupidity to balance out the more male geniuses. It's the male curse.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
A mass shooting is more than two deaths in one incident. So a murder suicide is a mass shooting. Seems to be a number padding system. 
What definition are you using? The definition used to claim the ~250 number is incidents where 4 or more people are shot in a single shooting spree 

n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
-->
@Dr.Franklin
you reject science, so your opinion doesn't matter. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
And you are a bigot so neither does yours. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Yassine
- Some 250 mass shootings so far in 2019, that's almost one mass shooting per day. Yesterday, a white-nationalist terrorist opened fire on Hispanics in El Paso after posting his manifesto online ; 12 hours later a second mass shooting occurs in Dayton, Ohio. Authorities brush these off as "mental health" cases, but clearly there is much more to it than that.

Comment.
Copycat psychology and a growing atmosphere of rage and unrest in the U.S. are tipping people who are predisposed for violence over the edge. My guess.

The nation is so ideologically deadlocked that I have little hope anything will change.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Castin
It seems that Americans are taught to not place Americanism first, they don't identify as American it's their ethnic heritage that takes priority eg Irish american, Italian american, White american. There has never been a NATION of Americans.
disgusted
disgusted
While having a national fatherless epidemic
What is that?

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@n8nrgmi
Typical liberal, If you reject "science", YOU DONT MATTER AHHAHAHAHAHAH
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@Snoopy
Can you rephrase that? 

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@dylancatlow
You said there is nothing wrong with white nationalism, referencing American politics.

It doesn't make sense to base a multi-racial country on only one racial construct.  Do you agree?

Open question: Is "white" a nation, and non-whites also of their own nations in your view?

dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@Snoopy
Oh. Well, White Nationalism isn't necessarily about establishing an all-White country. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@dylancatlow
Oh. Well, White Nationalism isn't necessarily about establishing an all-White country.
Yes it is. Send them back to the countries they came from, to those  four women of color and/or race.

The native american indians who were forced to take the "longest walk" would like the whites take the 'longest swim' back to Europe.

dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@ebuc
He never said to send them back, let alone that all minorities should return to their homelands. But even if he had, that would not prove that his own brand of White Nationalism is the only kind possible. 

What would you call someone who wants to keep America as White as possible, but without deporting any citizens? 

dustryder
dustryder
-->
@dylancatlow
What would you call someone who wants to keep America as White as possible, but without deporting any citizens? 
A closet racist who wishes to keep a veneer of civility?

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mharman
One thing also to consider is the US population is very large. If adjusted per capita, you'll notice that Australia, acountry that literally banned all guns, is second, waaaaaay ahead of the U.S.

Hey there kiddo, Australia is second on that list because that list is showing countries in alphabetical order. Did you even check the data before linking it to see if it matched your claim? Look at the actual numbers, the U.S. is in the top 10% of most deaths by firearms out of the countries on that list. The data says the exact opposite of what you claimed it would say.

I was going to make an observation regarding this but then I read on and I saw that Omar in post 7 said almost word-for-word what I was going to say before I even saw him say it or knew that anyone had responded to you.

You instinctively thought the data would support your worldview instead of seeing the data without your biases.

I am sitting here typing this and I have not even pressed the post button yet I already know exactly what your response will be. I already know your first instinct is to dismiss this out of hand. You're thinking "I am not like other people, I don't have any such inherent bias. I am better than that."

This goes beyond not noticing that the list on Wikipedia was in alphabetical order. I imagine that every time you hear this topic discussed someone advocating for less gun control makes a claim similar to the one you just made and after hearing this claim so many times you simply internalized it and accepted it without question.

You just accepted it for no reason other than because it matched with your pre-existing opinion.

Go on thinking that you are immune to bias though. Go on thinking that the people you identify as 'your crowd' knows something that nobody else knows. I can't change your mind because I'm not the one that put those ideas in your head in the first place. Funny thing is, you didn't either.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit

dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@dustryder
Here's how Wikipedia defines White Nationalism:

"White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which espouses the belief that white people are a race and seeks to develop and maintain a white national identity."

Obviously, it's possible to maintain a white national identity without every last citizen being white. Israel, for example, seeks to maintain a Jewish identity despite its large and growing Arab population. 

Christen
Christen
I guarantee you, at least half of those shootings listed on Wikipedia could have been stopped had there been a good guy with a gun to stop the bad guy.