Topic's posts

Posts in total: 7
  • Tejretics
    Tejretics avatar
    Debates: 4
    Forum posts: 326
    Tejretics avatar
    Tejretics
    What are your favorite debate resolutions and what’s your preferred side on them?

What are the best resolutions you’ve debated, in your opinion?

• TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    Debates: 44
    Forum posts: 4,909
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @Tejretics
    Favorite

Best resolution

Best video game with specific metrics: Does not exist but I might make it in the future. 

• RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 311
    Forum posts: 9,354
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    It's not the resolution that makes a great debate but it can be the resolution that makes a bad debate much worse.

It's the person you debate against along with you and the chemistry between you that decides how great a debate will go.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 311
    Forum posts: 9,354
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    My favourite resolutions are 'X is Y in the context of Z' this is the single best format where Y is an adjective that is somewhat scaled either qualitatively or quantitatively and Z refers to a specific context in which the scaling applies.
  • Imabench
    Imabench avatar
    Debates: 6
    Forum posts: 931
    Imabench avatar
    Imabench
    --> @Tejretics
    For whatever reason I really gravitate towards NFL debates like which team will win which division or who is a better player. 

I also get intrigued by debates regarding foreign policy issues that arent debated very often. Intervention in Venezuela, intervention in Cuba, Aid to Israel, withdrawal from Afghanistan...... Any of those things immediately catch my interest and are the ones I would willingly vote on without being specifically asked. 
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Debates: 32
    Forum posts: 8,868
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    unknown religious debates, liek debates about polytheist and mythological gods

18 days later