Posts in total: 87
  • Gatorade
    Gatorade avatar
    Debates: 12
    Forum posts: 93
    Gatorade avatar
    Gatorade
    C'mon kids, post your favorite president right now,
    Andrew yang, seems like a pretty good guy, UBI is cool.
  • Gatorade
    Gatorade avatar
    Gatorade avatar
    Gatorade
    I mean presidential candidate 
  • Christen
    Christen avatar
    Debates: 5
    Forum posts: 332
    Christen avatar
    Christen
    There are a lot mixed opinions about Universal Basic Income. Some say it isn't worth it. Some say it is necessary to ensure that people do not go homeless and broke when robots steal our jobs years from now.

Here is a youtube video explaining it in more detail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4XjHXYt8wQ
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 290
    Forum posts: 8,875
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    I support Warren, Yang is definitely my second-fave.
  • Snoopy
    Snoopy avatar
    Debates: 1
    Forum posts: 1,323
    Snoopy avatar
    Snoopy
    --> @Gatorade
    Bernie Sanders is my favorite Candidate.  However, I have pretty much ruled him out for the presidential elections.  Amy Klobuchar and Tulsi Gabbard get honorable mentions.  Andrew Yang is pretty cool too.  I remain undecided on the candidates that have a chance at winning. 
  • Gatorade
    Gatorade avatar
    Gatorade avatar
    Gatorade
    lol, Sanders does have a pretty big chance of winning. 
  • ILikePie5
    ILikePie5 avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 4,777
    ILikePie5 avatar
    ILikePie5
    Trump2020
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Debates: 32
    Forum posts: 8,289
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    --> @ILikePie5
    Agree
  • Gatorade
    Gatorade avatar
    Gatorade avatar
    Gatorade
    --> @ILikePie5
    I totally agree
  • ILikePie5
    ILikePie5 avatar
    ILikePie5 avatar
    ILikePie5
    Support Voter ID folks. Single easiest way to help enforce one person one vote.
  • Imabench
    Imabench avatar
    Debates: 6
    Forum posts: 901
    Imabench avatar
    Imabench
    I like Tulsi Gabbard and Amy Klobuchar but I dont see them breaking out into the top tier of candidates now that a few debates have passed. 

Pete Buttigeig is also interesting to me but I fear he also is still on the outside looking in compared to the upper tier candidates

Of those who are polling well, I like Biden more than Warren, Sanders, or Harris. 
  • ILikePie5
    ILikePie5 avatar
    ILikePie5 avatar
    ILikePie5
    --> @Imabench
    Pedo Joe would be a disaster. People like him only cause he’s associated with Obama who hasn’t even endorsed him and told Joe that he doesn’t have to run.
  • TheAtheist
    TheAtheist avatar
    Debates: 36
    Forum posts: 54
    TheAtheist avatar
    TheAtheist
    Yang is probably my favorite, although I think he should talk more about other issues and not just his plan for UBI. Just giving every citizen money will not solve all of America's problems. Also, Yang cares about the political divide in our country, which I like, and he seems to value progress more than Reps vs. Dems bickering. 
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    Trump
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    Trump
  • Club
    Club avatar
    Debates: 26
    Forum posts: 296
    Club avatar
    Club
    #YangGang

114 days later

• Alec
    Alec avatar
    Debates: 42
    Forum posts: 2,474
    Alec avatar
    Alec
    Someone libertarian.  Trump promised the following that he hasn't done anything about:

-An end to abortion.  He has everyone that he needs to overturn Roe V Wade and he hasn't.
    -An end to the US debt.  He promised to get rid of the debt in 8 years.  Instead, he's increased it.

I think both parties want to reduce abortion and the US debt.  Instead, although abortion has been going down, the debt hasn't.  We need a politician who will actually decrease or eliminate the debt.

• bmdrocks21
    bmdrocks21 avatar
    Debates: 5
    Forum posts: 1,703
    bmdrocks21 avatar
    bmdrocks21
    --> @Alec
    Libertarians are mostly pro-choice.

The Supreme Court has to overturn Roe v Wade. In order to overturn it, they need a case on abortion to go to the SC. With states like Alabama and Georgia passing pro-life laws, it is only a matter of time, but precedent is very important. Most cases are never overturned. Not sure he promised to end abortion, either. That is a very unpopular decision. Most people are against third-trimester, but not earlier times.

Agree on the debt.
  • Alec
    Alec avatar
    Alec avatar
    Alec
    --> @bmdrocks21
    Austin Peterson is pro life and he was pretty popular in 2016, being in 2nd place, losing only to Gary Johnson.  Moreover, 3/10 libertarians are pro life according to I side with.  I guess your right about Trump's promise to overturn Roe.  I think abortion will eventually be banned because the rates for it are falling and contraception is more widely available.  It was ultimately technology that ended slavery and it will be technology that ends abortion.

Most people want the US debt to be eliminated, but they aren't willing to sacrifice to get there.  Here's my plan to get us out of debt in 8 years:

Thoughts?

• Greyparrot
    Greyparrot avatar
    Debates: 2
    Forum posts: 8,314
    Greyparrot avatar
    Greyparrot
    --> @bmdrocks21
    Roe V Wade must be overturned in order to force Congress to pass a pro-abortion bill.
  • HistoryBuff
    HistoryBuff avatar
    Forum posts: 2,463
    HistoryBuff avatar
    HistoryBuff
    --> @Alec
    I think abortion will eventually be banned because the rates for it are falling and contraception is more widely available.  It was ultimately technology that ended slavery and it will be technology that ends abortion.
    you are kind of arguing against yourself. If technology is making abortions less common and less necessary, then there would be even less reason to overturn Roe v Wade. There are always going to be cases where an abortion is the best option. 

• Alec
    Alec avatar
    Alec avatar
    Alec
    --> @HistoryBuff
    Right now, there is good reason to overturn Roe V Wade, but the reason becomes less and less as abortions become less common.  As they become less common, people would be less likely to support it since less people would have a personal connection to abortion.  The cases where abortion is the best option are very rare already.  I would say only when the mother is definitely going to die is an abortion fine.  This is .1% of all abortions.

What is your stance on abortion?
  • HistoryBuff
    HistoryBuff avatar
    HistoryBuff avatar
    HistoryBuff
    --> @Alec
    What is your stance on abortion?
    A fetus is not a person. It does not, and should not, have the legal protections a person has. I do oppose 3rd trimester abortions. But before that, a woman should be allowed to have one if she wants. Any attempts to prevent her from getting one should be illegal. 

There is no reason to overturn Roe V Wade. 

• Alec
    Alec avatar
    Alec avatar
    Alec
    --> @HistoryBuff
    A fetus is a human being as science confirms.  If you don't believe a fetus is a person, then why do you oppose 3rd trimester abortions?  If you don't want the kid, it's what adoption is for.
  • HistoryBuff
    HistoryBuff avatar
    HistoryBuff avatar
    HistoryBuff
    --> @Alec
    A fetus is a human being as science confirms.
    lol science does not confirm that. A fetus is human in the same sense that a cancerous tumor is human. It is alive and made up of human cells. But it is not a person. 

If you don't believe a fetus is a person, then why do you oppose 3rd trimester abortions?
    Life is complicated. We need a dividing between cluster of cells of a person. It obviously isn't at conception. So it needs to be at some point between there and birth. I don't pretend to know exactly where that line needs to be. But I would argue it is before the 3rd trimester. 

If you don't want the kid, it's what adoption is for.
    If you don't want to go through a long, painful, difficult, expensive and potentially life threatening medical condition against your will then you shouldn't have to. A woman should have the right to decide if she wants to. You should not have the ability to tell her she doesn't have rights.