Brave browser support program

Author: DebateArt.com

Total: 85
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Okay good luck honestly good luck. Be very sure to sign into sensitive accounts while you're on it, be brave.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
You cannot have a browser that automatically kills fingerprinting unless you connect through someone else's computer like with TOR. To display a page, a browser needs to garner data from you to fit the fonts etc to fit your OS and browser, screen resolution and some extra things like Theme etc. That's your first layer of fingerprint. Your second is Cookies. There's two more, the fourth is so secret most don't know about it but I guarantee you, NSA do.

Why do you trust Brave?

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Just to correct what RM says - Chrome and Chromium are not the same thing.

Chromium is the core browser technology - and it is completely open source. Google takes this and wraps its proprietary layers on top of it - including detailed cookie and data related features - on top of it to make Chrome.

For Chromium and Firefox, you can be reasonably well assured that there is no sneaky data mining going on because the code they are based on is public facing - and various people trawl the code to find potential issues, exploits and data tracking features - and are pretty good at finding them.

Personally, I’m using Safari - I use a mobile phone and some social networks, so the idea of having any privacy has long since sailed. Firefox and Brave are probably very similar in terms of security and privacy - though I suspect that the Chromium core is probably better performance, in general - as google are pretty good at that.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Lol. Ramshutu, you use Safari. Safari. Okay. I cannot fathom if this is one big lie or not but if you're using Safari, all you did on other sites etc is totally and utterly in the hands of the wrong side of Illuminati. Apple are not heroes, they're just bad at what they do. So you're being spied on but rest assured, it's not done well.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You don't know enough to think Chromium is equal to Firefox in that. They openly admit they track you. Brave may have coded those parts out but I really have my doubts.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
Giving your data to the Illuminati only matters if you’re not Illuminati
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
I found out that Mozilla's co-founder is one of the leaders of Brave browser so if you had just said that to begin with I'd have said less but I wonder why he left a non-profit organisation for a profit one. That's all I'll say. 

Since it's him in charge I say Brave is trustworthy enough for Omar. I will never ever trust a browser other than Firefox or Chrome with my personal accounts and I'll never trust Chrome as much as Firefox when and if I'm ever on the run or something and need to access the Internet truly securely.

I know what is a moral company and what is not.

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
Chromium doesn’t track activity actively any more than Firefox does. I suspect RM is confusing Chrome with Chromium again. Given this one is somewhat up my alley, as I have worked a bit In the past on Firefox, and have previously reviewed the code: There’s not really a big difference between the two. 

The main issue is really a faux problem - if you do anything on the internet, your activity is tracked by the sites you use, things you buy, and a variety of other means and frankly unless you never use social media, pay cash for everything, use a different email on every site you log into, and never ever enter your real name or ID anywhere - whoever you don’t want to have your data... probably has your data. Google, Facebook, Amazon, and any data mining company has large teams of actual real Geniuses writing algorithms to mine and associate data from various locations, and I guarantee that the these algorithms are an order of magnitude smarter than anyone’s capacity to evade them.

The thing people should be really worried about, is using cards to pay for things or owning loyalty cards, entering social security numbers, addresses or real date of birth into ANY website.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Chromium is based on Chrome. Chrome came first.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
Chrome and Chromium were released at the same time late 2008; Chromium is literally the open source code used for Chrome. I don’t know where you’re getting your facts...

The whole reason google created Chromium is to have an open source code they could share with everyone to make their own browsers and tie it in with their ecosystem. It ties in with their open source release of android, and its very much the case that Chrome was and always has been based upon the Chromium core - intentionally and by product design.

Of course, as a software designer, I cannot stress the stupidity, effort and complexity of designing and implementing a proprietary browser, then making deciding to split it into the proprietary and open source portions after the fact....

Even the name should give it away; the element Chromium is used to make Chrome plating... 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Exactly they invented it, released whatever they wanted to, kept secret what they wanted to and admitted they track you through their browser.

The biggest reason Google is more honourable than other Illuminati companies is that they've been completely honest about their tracking and altering of results and ads to fit your 'profile'. YT is one of the only places on the whole Internet to genuinely get conspiracy ot anti-Google videos seen and spread by their very own recommendation system. Nonetheless, while more honest than the others, they are still indeed spying so if you want privacy, go for Firefox it's that simple. Chrome offers no extensions on smartphones whereas all Firefox add-ons work there, pretty much.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
another thread lost due to ramshustu and RM bickering
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Lost? How is it lost?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
You two bicker it and the thread has lost it's meaning
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
What is the meaning of this thread that has been lost?
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
It means that this thread has strayed so far from its original purpose that it is now meaningless.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
How has it done that?
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
At first, this thread was meant as a discussion. Now it has turned into an argument
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PressF4Respect
What discussion do you think would take place that didn't, due to our argument?
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
I dunno, a meaningful one?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PressF4Respect
What is meaningless about our argument and what meaningful discussion is it that we stopped taking place?
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
This topic of this thread is about web browsers, specifically comparing one named "Brave" to others. Posts which are related to this topic are meaningful. Posts which aren't are meaningless. Here are a few examples:

Meaningful:
--> @omar2345
Search engine is not bound to your browser. By default Brave uses DuckDuckGo search engine, that is, if you start typing search term into the address bar but you can simply change the engine to Google or Bing in the browser's settings.

Firefox is an option too but you'd still need to install plugins to do some basic stuff, like killing fingerprinting, automatic change to HTTPS and stuff like that, Brave comes with all this stuff built-in and it's simply more good looking, in my opinion.

Regarding the search engine, DuckDuckGo is definitely not that advanced imho, at least I missed lots of handy snippers that Google gives you for quick searches but it's a trade off between privacy and search quality. If you want the former, DuckDuckGo is the way to go, if you want the latter, then Google it is.

From my understanding, Brave uses the Cheomium core, so you can use some google extensions. It’s been a while since I fiddled though.

Yeah, that's my understanding too, I am not sure how it works but I imagine they should support lots of extensions too.

Meaningless:
To an admin that has completely disregarded me, put a bastard in power who unfairly rigs enforcement of rules against many including me and in the favour of a select few? Yeah, that's also why I stopped the Patreon donating after 2 months. I owe Mr. Mike nothing

you hurt mine a long time ago fake-ass 'appreciater'. Go enjoy your Trello and mod team and leave me out of your 'nice to' circle. You are so fake and never once, not even once justified to us why the fuck you put bsh1 in power against our will to begin with.

Ramshutu of course knows it all.
I think you get my point.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PressF4Respect
They had a lot of meaning, even more so than the advertising if Brave browser, in fact. Perhaps your lack of knowledge about DA politics and deep rivalries is why you thought they were meaningless while the others were meaningful.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't care about some petty rivalry you have with Ramshutu, or anyone else. An intellectual discussion about a topic is infinitely more meaningful than some beef you have with someone else, which adds zero value whatsoever to the topic at hand.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@DebateArt.com
What program is this supporting?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PressF4Respect
What intellectual discussion was going to happen that did not happen due to our bickering?
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
The one comparing Brave to other browsers. Even if you don't think that that has any inherent meaning, it is still better than bickering.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PressF4Respect
Did you intentionally leave out the plethora of bickering that directly involved that?
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
On-topic bickering > Off-topic bickering

You did both. I'm just mentioning the times where you went off topic, as I consider that to be worse than the other times. It's not cherrypicking, because I specifically mentioned that meaningless posts were ones that went off-topic. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PressF4Respect
It is cherry picking. Stop denying it.