Brave browser support program

Author: DebateArt.com

Total: 85
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
I have decided to get away from the mainstream browsers in order to prevent them from taking my information (looking at you Chrome) and I found the browser called Brave, which seems to be rather modern and has lots of built-in security protection stuff, it's all good and well but the interesting thing that I found is that they have this special program for automagically supporting content creators and even though it's targeted at people with thousands of subscribers, I still decided to give it a try. 

So if you guys want to try a new security-aware browser and at the same time help our project, check out the additional information on the link -> 
https://brave.com/deb168

Most likely as a supporting program it's going to be useless but at least the browser itself is really nice, I highly recommend :)
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
If you don't like being spied on and want to fight surveillance, stick to Firefox, it has fought for open-source privacy since the start of alternative browsers.

If you are going to not allow advertising on your website, I should be free to fight your advertising with truth. I use Chrome personally because it's the best in terms of speed and convenience, but if I wanted to become as anonymous as possible, Firefox is the diehard fighter against Tyranny and censorship in the history of all Internet Browsers. Brave is a for-profit browser, Firefox is so massive and yet Mozilla is fundamentally not for profit.

See here if you are interested in VPN purchase, my advice is sound and I'm willing to be called out on it.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You linked with your tag because you want a reward for referring people, that is advertising and if any other user here did that you'd punish them for it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
I tried to use Firefox lots of times but I simply can't, I find it ugly and the dev tools are crap, at least UI wise and I use that stuff A LOT and want it be to be fast, beautiful and functional.

You linked with your tag because you want a reward for referring people
Duh, what I really want is to not pay for hosting outta my own pocket :/
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
That's because Firefox puts a lot more money and effort into ensuring it's solid as hell in terms of privacy as opposed to sexy and appealing but it is very easy to use and pleasant if you get addons for that purpose. On top of that, all privacy-focused programmers or let's say over 85% of them, are all going to first release their product as a Firefox addon because it's really easy to code on Firefox (they make it easy for 'add-ons' which are called 'extensions' for Chrome) and the massive fanbase of privacy stuff are Firefox users. This means that not only is Mozilla itself the biggest and best company at privacy-heavy browser provision but the people who make add-ons for it are the hugest proportion of the best programmers at that stuff out there.

Brave won't be happy with you creating traffic to your user link via your own website, I am not threatening you here but I'm letting you know that this is a way of getting referrals that they hate. They would much rather you do it on your facebook, twitter etc because they can then be more happy and sure that it's real traffic and not faked or 'do this so our site stays up and never use the browser again' type stuff.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
RM is being so helpful!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
To an admin that has completely disregarded me, put a bastard in power who unfairly rigs enforcement of rules against many including me and in the favour of a select few? Yeah, that's also why I stopped the Patreon donating after 2 months. I owe Mr. Mike nothing.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
We’re also all members of the Illuminati.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
You hurt my feelings bruv :/
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
you hurt mine a long time ago fake-ass 'appreciater'. Go enjoy your Trello and mod team and leave me out of your 'nice to' circle. You are so fake and never once, not even once justified to us why the fuck you put bsh1 in power against our will to begin with.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DebateArt.com
I care about privacy to a certain limit.
I don't want them to know my deepest darkest secrets but I guess some information required for advertising is good.
Sure there is a line but even if I had to pick I much rather have a not-money paid web service that takes my information instead of a paid web service that doesn't.

The paid web-service can have a breach given how unlikely the populace would buy it so less funding in protection. Other reason is that Google had a lot more time to fine tune there search engine for me to simply use something less effective is what I consider bad. 

Hopefully that made sense. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Brave browser is free, he is going to get money for referring you to it, it may become premium only later.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
@RM

So is it as effective at searching stuff as Google?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Do note that your concerns are valid not because of paying. Paid VPNs, for instance, are much more trustworthy than free ones by and large. What is true here is that Mozilla Firefox is the absolute Pinnacle of a privacy-oriented browser. There is not one single thing better in Brave privacy-wise than in Firefox but the reverse is unimaginably untrue. Of you would like me to go into depth, at least tell me what you think possibly is weak about Firefox as a privacy-focused browser or Mozilla as a trustworthy company.

If you trust Google, it's fine to stick to Chrome absolutely, but if you ever want privacy online to a maximal degree, Firefox is the way to go.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Of course it isn't, all privacy browsers have that flaw because they will do their best to not personalise your searches. The best privacy search engine is DuckDuckGo which is used by criminals on TOR browser to search things that Google and Bing censor etc.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Search engine is not bound to your browser. By default Brave uses DuckDuckGo search engine, that is, if you start typing search term into the address bar but you can simply change the engine to Google or Bing in the browser's settings.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DebateArt.com
Search engine is not bound to your browser. By default Brave uses DuckDuckGo search engine, that is, if you start typing search term into the address bar but you can simply change the engine to Google or Bing in the browser's settings.
Is it as effective as Google?
I mean as fast.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DebateArt.com
I'll download it.
I'll use it for a week and report back.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Google has its own Internet (literally) this enables it to be milliseconds faster than other search engines but for example Bing is owned by Microsoft which also has its own Internet idk about which of the two is faster but I'd out money on Google.

It's all milliseconds, you can't say really it's so much faster but I have no doubt the edge goes to Google.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DebateArt.com
Does it protect Google extensions?
I use Google Keep. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You can't use Google extensions on anything other than chrome.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@TheRealNihilist
From my understanding, Brave uses the Cheomium core, so you can use some google extensions. It’s been a while since I fiddled though.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Ramshutu of course knows it all.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
Firefox is an option too but you'd still need to install plugins to do some basic stuff, like killing fingerprinting, automatic change to HTTPS and stuff like that, Brave comes with all this stuff built-in and it's simply more good looking, in my opinion.

Regarding the search engine, DuckDuckGo is definitely not that advanced imho, at least I missed lots of handy snippers that Google gives you for quick searches but it's a trade off between privacy and search quality. If you want the former, DuckDuckGo is the way to go, if you want the latter, then Google it is.

From my understanding, Brave uses the Cheomium core, so you can use some google extensions. It’s been a while since I fiddled though.
Yeah, that's my understanding too, I am not sure how it works but I imagine they should support lots of extensions too.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Yeah - just double checked, and apparently by vague recollections are pretty accurate. Guess I do know it all!

Brave supports most google extensions that run on Chrome - as they both run on the same browser core code. Saying that, if you’re interested in security - you probably don’t want to bother with many or any extensions.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Ramshutu
What do you use?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DebateArt.com
I am not having slowdowns and Twitch works better. Guess blocking ads does work. 
Cool. 

I'll use it until it stop working. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Ramshutu
Thanks
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
Mhmm they are called Chrome Extensions not Google extensions, just so we're clear on the official categorisation and copyright.
If it's based on Chromium and not Mozilla, there is absolutely no way you will convince me it is privacy-oriented even if it uses the word 'secure' in its slogan. Chromium browsers are the most tracking ones in the market, that's their entire ethos; 'we make it fit you' etc. If Brave is  based on Chromium it is tracking habits and accruing cookies to build profiles of you; I guarantee it.