EVOLUTION VS CREATION IS USELESS

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 71
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stronn
"We have been able to synthesize RNA in the laboratory, lending credence to the idea that it could arise naturally."

except that IS intelligent design lol

"Although self-replicating systems of RNA molecules have not been found in nature, scientists are hopeful that they can be constructed in the laboratory. While this demonstration would not prove that self-replicating RNA molecules were essential in the origin of life on Earth, it would certainly suggest that such a scenario is possible."
"Although RNA seems well suited to form the basis for a self-replicating set of biochemical catalysts, it is unlikely that RNA was the first kind of molecule to do so."
“RNA-like polymers”

Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
The design in the lab was intelligently designed to be unintelligent. We didnt try to create life, we tried to recreate early conditions and see if life unintelligently arises.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Nemiroff
yes "tried" with all the purest of compounds in large enough quantities, environmental controls etc how successful have they been?  As exceedingly difficult it is to intelligently create these precursors, you can understand why the idea of it happening randomly seems rather impossible, improbable. 
Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
No, they had a similar atmosphere, with the same quantities. And they were lacking 1 VERY important thing, a billion years for more reactions to happen, and to continue to happen increasing complexity progressively. What they proved is step 1, and that's a big ol' step! 

Stronn
Stronn
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
You are right that Difficulty emulating ambiogenesis in the laboratory suggests that the process is extremely improbable, But improbable is not impossible. I fact, we know it happened, therefore i obviously cannot be impossible. When you consider vast oceans with processes all taking place in parallel, then even exceedingly improbable events become much less so.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stronn
James Tour: The Origin of Life Has Not Been Explained

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
In a way I agree. Evolution versus creation is useless. They are in fact unconnected. Whether the universe was 'created' or not (and indeed whatever that means to you) it clearly includes functional evolution which can be measured in real time as generational mutations. 

This is a little like saying gravity versus creation is useless. That is technically true as whether or not the universe is 'created' or not it clearly includes the force we refer to as gravity and its effects can be measured in real time through the movements of celestial bodies.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Even if it is unexplained, all that means is that we don't yet know. It does not mean it requires supernatural intervention. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stronn
that's true, no one I have read or listen to has said that and neither have I, if I did that was an error on my part.  Though for me it's more plausible given we almost have the technology and ability to do it, so it seems more possible that some older/advanced being(s) or whatever, started life here.  One of the talks mentioned the movie Prometheus (which sucked imo).  But then where did the intelligent designer come from....another infinite regression perhaps.  It's fascinating to me. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@secularmerlin
Welcome back
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Thank you it's good to be back.