---Celebrity Mafia: DP1---

Author: bsh1

Total: 501
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
I've given three so far.  Are you not keeping up?
No dude, links to people accidentally messaging in the forums instead of in their mafia chat

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Speedrace
No dude, links to people accidentally messaging in the forums instead of in their mafia chat
ooo... that one would take some time.  I'd have to do some searching on DDO,
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Okay cool story, honestly I don't see the relevance. Please cut the fluff and answer my questions I asked in post 475.
I'M TRYING TO

I can't though until I know if you legit saw articles about him losing his virginity by just searching "Sean O'pry" because of you did, then my claim has no weight

I'll assume that you didn't though

If you search just "Sean O'pry" then you don't see ANYTHING about him being a virgin, certainly no top headlines, you only see that of you search something along the lines of "Sean O'pry virgin"

But Oro already said he just heard of this guy yesterday, so why would he ever search for anything other than just "Sean O'pry?" So there's no way that he should EVER have seen articles about him being a virgin

So the only explanation is that he deliberately searched that at the command of his fellow Mafia members

Also, why would he Lynch Grey over Wylted? For all we know, Grey was just roped into this by Wylted, Wylted's the only one who actually did the thing
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
I'll patiently wait until you do

oromagi
oromagi
But Oro already said he just heard of this guy yesterday, so why would he ever search for anything other than just "Sean O'pry?" So there's no way that he should EVER have seen articles about him being a virgin
It is a legit question & I don't know what the actual search was that started it.  If I remember right I was trying to figure out if Taylor Swift and Sean Opry were a couple.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Speedrace
For starters- This error is so commonplace that it has a terminology and multiple strategy pages

scumslip (or simply slip) is an accidental message sent at the beginning of a day by a member of the mafia or the cult, often caused by the player speaking at the end of the night when the final action is hammered. This is known as a "scumslip" because, in most cases, only scum have the ability to talk at night. Similarly, the player may realize he is about to slip and stop typing, but the players may see his chat bubble and realize he was talking.
Conversely, a slip may also be caused by any village-sided role that has a night meeting. This may cause the town to believe the person who slips is scum, while giving the players role away to the mafia.
Contents
Example
Night 2playerA: kill innoAplayerB: ok!playerA: votedplayerB: hahaaaa i think he is tracker(when playerA was about to reply...the night ends)Day 2playerA: no i think innoB is tracker.
As it is very strange to see playerA saying that at the beginning of the day,the town probably knows that he/she is mafia and has scumslipped.
Variations
Fool Game
In a game with Fool, the fool might fake a scumslip in order to get him/herself lynched.
It should be noted that such fake scumslips are almost always blatantly obvious and done in such a shoddy way that everyone knows that this is the fool. Mafia, however, if skillful, can use this to their advantage...
Day 2Tuna, the villager, has died a bloody death.Salmon: ya we should kill TunaSalmon: crapShark: rofl fool
Ventriloquist
In a game with a ventriloquist, the vent can fake a scumslip on somebody else to get that person lynched or shot if there is a  Gunsmtih.
Jokes
Some players use it as a joke to other players, they deliberately type something that looks like scumslips just to confuse / joke with other players. However, be careful when you are using it as other players might think it is a normal scumslip and might get you lynched. So it is best not to go too far and get yourself lynched for such reason.

Wiki reminds us that Wylted might be a FOOL.  I have never seen a game with a ventriloquist but that's an interesting thought.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Speedrace
Your post is divided into two parts, the part that is full of completely irrelevant fluff that only hurts town if you continue to repeat it because it fills the DP with irrelevancies and covers up actually important things that help us by discouraging people from catching up on the DP because they log on to see that it is just full of 4 pages of fluff and the part that is actually important and has caught my attention.

To clarify, this is the part of your post that is irrelevant fluff:

I'M TRYING TO

I can't though until I know if you legit saw articles about him losing his virginity by just searching "Sean O'pry" because of you did, then my claim has no weight

I'll assume that you didn't though

If you search just "Sean O'pry" then you don't see ANYTHING about him being a virgin, certainly no top headlines, you only see that of you search something along the lines of "Sean O'pry virgin"

So the only explanation is that he deliberately searched that at the command of his fellow Mafia members

Also, why would he Lynch Grey over Wylted? For all we know, Grey was just roped into this by Wylted, Wylted's the only one who actually did the thing
Whereas this is the part that caught my attention:

Also, I am not answering your question that you asked me in post 475.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
Just stop responding to the fluff please. We need town to actually read the DP because the other townies might notice something we don't and they aren't going to read the DP if they log in and see multiple pages of fluff.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
 Being commonplace doesn't make it real here, that's like saying "cop is super common, so we must have one here" 

And if Wylted is a fool, why would you lynch Grey? Wylted wouldn't know if Grey was town or scum, he would just be choosing a random person

If Wylted really is a fool, then we have no reason to lynch him or Grey dude
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Speedrace
 Being commonplace doesn't make it real here, that's like saying "cop is super common, so we must have one here" 

Agreed  We don't know if its real. I'm just struggling to think of an honest explanation for Wylted's post

And if Wylted is a fool, why would you lynch Grey? Wylted wouldn't know if Grey was town or scum, he would just be choosing a random person

THIRD-PARTY ROLES

Serial-Killer: Must survive to the end of the game. Each night, the serial killer may choose one player and attempt to kill them. Occasionally the serial-killer will have an additional win-requirement, like "Must kill Players x, y and z".
Survivor: Must survive to the end of the game.
Fool/Jester: Must be lynched to win. Surviving to the end of the game or being killed during the Night Phase count as loses.
Cultist: Similar to the Mason. The Cult Recruiter chooses one person each night and they are converted to "Cult". Cult wins when they have the majority of players.It is important to remember not to assume a role works a certain way and to always refer to your ROLE PM to determine how your role works.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Also, I am not answering your question that you asked me in post 475.
I NEVER SAID THAT

DUDE ARE YOU SCUM TOO????????

Wow, I'm disappointed in you dude, that was genuine scum hunting and you just brush it off like that? Nevertheless, you won't convince me to do anything else, you've never tried this "fluff" argument before and I refuse to fall for it
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
You're missing my point, if Wylted is a fool then he wouldn't know if Grey was scum or not, so we shouldn't Lynch either of them if we think Wylted is scum

oromagi
oromagi
Two other (probably irrelevant) points of information: 

Wylted said something about Richard Hatch on "SURVIVOR" early on. 
Wylted claims "JAMES DEAN"  I note that Wylted's claim is the only guy who's dead/not current
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
@warren42
@Cogent_Cognizer
 Please tell me I'm not crazy

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Speedrace
You're missing my point, if Wylted is a fool then he wouldn't know if Grey was scum or not, so we shouldn't Lynch either of them if we think Wylted is scum

Agreed.  Remember I VTL'd before you sent me goose-chasing scumslips (which I'll keep looking for).  If you think Wylted is deliberately trying to get lynched, then we should be cautious. 

I think the best argument for scumslip right now is that Wylted was very chatty up that moment and now he has vanished.  IF he did it on purpose, he's have a plan, right?  If he did accidently, he might have just walked away out of frustration.

What is your investment in Greyparrot?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Speedrace
I am unable to recognize when someone is using exaggeration to draw attention to a certain facet of my post.

Also I think that DD talking about how fluff hurts the town is an 'argument' of some sort rather than just him telling me about the game.

Okay cool but do you think oro is scum and if so what is your reasoning? That is all I want from you, it is weird that I have to ask so many times.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
 Sorry dude I got a horrible cold yesterday so I feel horrible and then you and Disc started making me think I was crazy lol, I'm just freaking out right now and in pain lol so no offense dude

I think that if Wylted genuinely made a mistake, he would've tagged both of his partners

If he's scum trying to frame Grey, we shouldn't lynch Grey

And if he's a fool, then we shouldn't lynch either of them

So overall I think this is really just a distraction from Press honestly

Also, is it just me, or is Disc drunk? He's making no sense lol and I'm gonna have to ignore him because he's really getting on my nerves
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I hope that you get over your addiction and that life gets better dude, I'm gonna pray for you :/
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Final Count

Press (7/7) - Supa, Press, Speed, Club, Wylted, Disc, Pie
Mhar (1/7) - Oro
VTNL (1/7) - Cogent

Result

Press was lynched (on page 18)! He was innocent.
Submit night actions! The NP will last 48 hours.
Stop posting.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Speedrace
I think that if Wylted genuinely made a mistake, he would've tagged both of his partners

If he's scum trying to frame Grey, we shouldn't lynch Grey

And if he's a fool, then we shouldn't lynch either of them

all right.

UNVOTE

let's see if Wylted has an explanation.

VTL Wylted
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Warning

The DP is over. Cease posting immediately.