just curious, what's your IQ.

Author: Trent0405

Total: 129
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@oromagi
I think IQs are going up, enabling higher scores, although I´m not sure.  My last test was 140.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@oromagi
LOL
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Genius should not be as low as 140. I have met people with an IQ of up to 120 that seemed extremely dumb. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@PressF4Respect
Stop taking unreliable online tests. Get it tested by psychologists who offer such services. Also my guess is your IQ is closer to the bottom of that range if you find d the tests useless. It is like somebody who sucks at basketball who thinks basketball is stupid or some fat guy who thinks working out is dumb. 
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
-->
@Wylted
I'd say FREE online tests are inaccurate, you can purchase an online IQ test and get fairly accurate results, free  Iq tests give you crazy numbers, I got 230 on a free test once. If that were true I'd be the smartest human to ever live.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
I've heard that this IQ test will give as reasonable an answer as possible for a free online test

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Wylted
You know what’s dumber than taking a free IQ test? Taking one that costs hundreds of dollars.

IQ tests basically gives a number that takes all the aspects of one’s intelligence and condenses it down to a single number. Intelligence does not work like that. Humans are way too complex and multifaceted for IQ tests to be a reliable indicator. For example, Richard Feynman supposedly had an IQ of 120. Considering his achievements, anyone would be able to see that his IQ score doesn’t line up with his actual intellectual capabilities. Also, take one good look at Oromagi’s IQ score and tell me that it is accurate.

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
I while back I found a study linking SAT scores to IQs. According to th resulting scale, my IQ is just above 140.
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@Mharman
cool, but did the study find that a higher iq correlated with substantially higher sat scores? 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
IQ tests might as well be Buzzfeed Quizzes lol 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Trent0405
Study said the higher IQ the highr the SAT score
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Mharman
SAT simply tests you on your English and Mathematical skills. Intelligence is a lot more than just that.

Wylted
Wylted
I didn't pay anything for mine I was in a Gate program and was prodded by psychologists and psychology students a lot during my early life. You're wrong that IQ is a worthless measure and if I sat in front of you 2 people one with an IQ of 60 and the other an IQ of 120 and asked you which was which, you would be retarded not to be 100% accurate in the pick every time. I can tell you I have an easier time learning things than somebody with a lower IQ. If I study something for one hour with no prior knowledge of it and you have somebody with an IQ of 100 to do the same thing, I would learn more information during that time period. 

Also you should know that even if Feynman's IQ was only 120, which is doubt. Once you get to the 120-130 mark a lot of what separates people is creativity.

Intelligence matters up to about 120 and then it is creativity followed by EQ. 

Wylted
Wylted
By the way psychologists stopped prodding me when I moved from North Carolina to Florida. So thank God for that move
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Wylted
On paper, IQ tests might seem like a useful thing. However, in practice, they provide extremely vague (and often inaccurate) estimates of "intelligence" at best and are downright discriminatory at worst. Except in extreme circumstances (like the one you provided), people would not be able to tell which person had a higher IQ if you sat two random people side by side. It is true that you would be able to learn some things quicker than someone with a lower IQ than you, but the same can be said vice versa. For example, someone could have excellent numerical computing skills but be terrible at spatial reasoning. This is what I mean when I say IQ tests are useless. They are effectively unable to quantify the multitude of skills which fall under "intelligence". 

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Wylted
Also, I can see why no one would look into your "intelligence" once you moved to Florida lol.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@PressF4Respect
What you are doing I'd pointing out specific intelligences like mechanical intelligence or spatial reasoning and saying because those things exist it disproves that a test that tests for general intelligence is useful. It's ludicrous.  General Intelligence is a real thing. The IQ test is the best test we have available to test for this general intelligence and people with IQs of 160 are going to have an easier time picking up new skills (mental not physical( than a person with an IQ of 120. This is why people like Stephen Hawking and Einstein get test scores above 150 and usually around the 160 mark and your average person gets a score of 100. It accurately measures intelligence. This is why the occupations that take more brains such as doctors have average IQs of around 125 and jobs requiring less brain power such as janitor or cops score just above 100 on average. It is obviously a reasonably accurate assessment of intelligence. The fact the test is imperfect does not disprove it. All tests are imperfect. And a person with an IQ of 140 may occasionally be smarter than a person with an IQ of 150, but the test is remarkably accurate. You will never see a person with an IQ of 100 who is smarter than somebody with an IQ of 120, so you could probably give the test a ten point margin of error at the upper levels and about 7 points at lower levels.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@PressF4Respect
Florida man memes come from the fact the state is good at releasing things involving criminal justice cases fast. It is why cases like the Casey Anthony case get big. We can see here jail house recordings the day after they happen so it is easier to report on those cases. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@zedvictor4
Wow, Thomas Edison must have had a really low IQ, amirite? ;)
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Wylted
We could have a debate someday about this lol ;)
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Wylted
Not about the Florida man stuff, just about the IQ tests
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
My IQ is somewhere in the 120s. But, I dislike IQ tests in general, and they read to me as not really getting at the essence of what makes someone brilliant.
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@bsh1
I think I'd agree with that.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Last time I took an IQ test was a few years ago. I scored 141 but it was one of those free online ones that only asks like 30 questions and probably exaggerates scores in order to inflate people's egos and encourage them to share the site with their friends. My actual IQ is probably closer to 120 or so.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
I've never taken one but I got a 135 on the COGat, the official test, which should say something

IQ tests are hardly a measure of smartness or not, they measure a very specific type of intelligence, like processing power and memory, so someone with a 160 IQ has a brain like a supercomputer basically, only the problem is that those people tend to actually start thinking like computers lol so they tend to be worse in social situations or with anything that's considered subjective, since computers are much better with objective data
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
On a debate website, we should probably measure our intelligence in proportion to how much of a genius RM claimed he is.

My intelligence is around 4 MilliRatmans.

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Ramshutu
 LOL

Gatorade
Debates: 12
Gatorade
-->
@Speedrace
132, lol, I'm a genius!
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
My number's bigger than yours.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Ramshutu
On that scale William Sidis would score 15-18 CentiRatmans right?

Where did RationalMadman himself fall on that scale?