My proposed immigration requirements

Author: Alec

Total: 40
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Imabench
Lets say your an immigrant from Mexico.  You come to the US and settle in Texas.  Lets say that Texas becomes hispanophone majority and Mexico gets their government non-corrupted, they get their s*** together and Mexico becomes a good place to live.  Texas might want to join Mexico at this point because mexico is no longer a terrible country.  Odds of Mexico becoming stable in 40 years: I don´t know.  It's definitely possible though and measures need to be in place so if they do become stable, that the US won´t lose territory to them.

The other issues now are in regards to 'Must have a steady, consistent job'. The first issue is that because a lot of the jobs that Americans dont normally take also happen to be positions that have sporadic demand throughout the year. Farming seasons only last so long, construction jobs come in boom and bust cycles, etc. If those high intensity low wage positions are not considered 'steady and consistent', then the immigrant can be denied entry even though theyre willing to work an open job that Americans dont want to do but is a necessary job that needs to be done. 
They need some job.  If they want to be a construction worker for example, since they don´t operate year round, they would have to find a job when construction is off.  Either that, or they live off of their savings, they can´t use welfare.  No one should be on welfare.

The government cant even deliver mail without racking up billions in debt every year
My tax policy, that I call operation 15, can get rid of our debt in less than 15 years and it involves getting rid of the income tax and replacing it with a 15% sales tax.  That´s a different topic.

Im gonna need you to clarify what your belief is here because those two sentences are fairly contradictory. 
My stance is the government would decide what state the immigrant lives in, but the immigrant has a say in where they go.  They would be spread proportionally across the U.S on the basis of existing population.  For every 2 native born Americans, there would be 1 immigrant on a state by state basis.  For example, some immigrants would want to move to California and some wouldn't care, as long as they end up in the US.  The ones who don´t care would have a smaller shot at getting into California than the others.  Some immigrants would be fleeing violence.  These immigrants would be put in locations that most immigrants don´t want to go in the US, like refugees may be put in rural states.  If they are going to California to find a better job, than they would be prioritized to go to California.  Even though the immigrants would have to be roughly spread out, some immigrants would want to move to NY and some to CA.  Although they would be spread out, it would be aimed for most to all of those wanting to go to NY to be able to go and so on.  Sorry it´s hard to explain.

im pretty sure that 160 million people want to win the lottery as well, that doesnt mean its actually going to happen. 
Immigrating to the US is more likely than winning the lottery.  A main thing keeping people from coming to the US is the fact that we only let 1 million immigrants a year and the US has a practical ban on immigration compared to the 160 million who would move if they could.

It could also be abused to do the exact opposite of that and force immigrants to live in three or four states total. If Trump had the power to send all immigrants from Central America to California to put a massive financial strain on the state, and then tweet about how bad the state is run because of its liberal beliefs towards immigration, do you really think he would REFRAIN from doing that? 

Even if there are good intentions behind the rule, it could 100% be used irresponsibly and corruptly 
I see.  If there is a law called the melting pot act that requires immigrants to settle in the state the gov tells them to although the immigrant gets to move where they want unless that state has too many other immigrants in it, then the president would have a hard time justifying revoking it.

The 10th Amendment specifies that any powers not explicitly granted to the federal government by the Constitution is reserved for the States instead.
If that´s the case, the melting pot act could be a way to give the federal government the power to send certain immigrants to certain states to keep the country together and to maintain integration.

But the thing is that Hispanics who live in the US have adapted their cultural traditions into Americanized versions of those traditions over time
Right now they have, but if we were to let every single person that wants to come to the US come and stay once they do the government some favors, then Hispanic immigration would skyrocket.  This would lead to a bunch of people failing to assimilate and breaking away from the country once Hispanophone supermajorities are established in the states.  It´s how we got the South West US.  Mexico failed to assimilate the anglophone Texans and when the Texans got angry at Mexico, they formed their own independent country and joined the US.  Since there would be tensions between liberal Hispanophone communities and states and the conservative anglophone states, it would break up the US.

the same as Japanese Americans, Italian Americans, German Americans, so on and so on. 
The other groups did not have the numbers to break away and they quickly assiliminated due to their lack of numbers.  The Hispanics are a culturally unified group, unlike the culturally divided Europeans and Asians that came here.

Cinco de mayo isin´t even about that.  It was about defeating French forces.

Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
 If there weren't, these high skilled immigrants would not be able to get jobs because there are no openings
Jesus Christ. Every time you respond it becomes increasingly clear how woefully ignorant you are about a wide variety of topics. 

1) Immigrants who are highly skilled can use those skills to apply for a multitude of different jobs, not just one highly specialized job. In the field of medicine alone there are surgeons, pharmacists, physical therapists, radiologists, cardiologists, and at least 7 other branches of 'doctors' I cant think of off the top of my head.... 2) In the rare instance there ever is a shortage of positions for high skilled jobs, it would be in the interest of America to take in high-skilled immigrants regardless since those skills would make them better served to be a benefit to America regardless. 

Bigger than you think if all 150 million immigrants come to the US
Well theyre not, so you just massively defeated your own argument that immigration should be tightly controlled so that voting ballots dont have to have multi-language options or there be translators in voting booths 

The only language that does pose a future threat is Spanish, which in particular has a high chance of breaking away to form their own country if we make our borders this easy
Except there isn't a "High chance" of Spanish speakers wanting to break off to form their own country. 

Has the idea ever once crossed your mind that because there are close to two dozen different nations that speak Spanish that it would naturally be asinine to think that they would all be willing to secede from the US under just a single one of those nationalities? I dont think an immigrant from Honduras would be willing to be part of a separatist plot to turn part of the US over to Mexico, and neitehr would a Nicaraguan, a Puerto Rican, a Cuban, a Columbian, a San Salvadorian, a Costa Rican, a Dominican, a Peruvian, an Argentinian, or a Chilean.... The fact that you are willing to think they would is just hilariously pathetic. 

They just can´t vote until they learn English, pay the fee, and move to a state that won´t make 1 area too immigrant in order to keep the country mixed
Thats still assuming the constitutionality of the government having the right to force immigrants to live in a state of the governments choosing, which it doesnt

Lets say your an immigrant from Mexico.  You come to the US and settle in Texas.  Lets say that Texas becomes hispanophone majority and Mexico gets their government non-corrupted, they get their s*** together and Mexico becomes a good place to live.  Texas might want to join Mexico at this point because mexico is no longer a terrible country.
Except they wouldnt, since not all Spanish speaking immigrants come from Mexico, since Mexico will almost certainly NOT become a comparably good place to live in comparison to the United States, and since hispanics have culturally assimilated into US society fairly well which eliminates your entire conspiracy that theyre would flip back to wanting to be Mexican for no real reason
No one should be on welfare.
The sooner you learn to adjust to the reality that everyone else is living in then the sooner you can start coming up with good ideas that people might agree with. You're not going to be able to eliminate the need for welfare nor the risk that some people might end up on it. To think that you can would be to believe you can turn the US into a Utopia, which is just unfeasibly laughable. 

My tax policy, that I call operation 15, can get rid of our debt in less than 15 years and it involves getting rid of the income tax and replacing it with a 15% sales tax.  That´s a different topic.

Sounds just as stupid and unfeasible as your immigration plan and you literally only give one sentence about it. Quite an accomplishment

A main thing keeping people from coming to the US is the fact that we only let 1 million immigrants a year and the US has a practical ban on immigration compared to the 160 million who would move if they could
Good, you concede that there wont be 160 million immigrants admitted into the United States. 

Glad that youve made it all the way to step one of understanding the immigration issue. 

If there is a law called the melting pot act
There's not. Moving on. 

Right now they have, but if we were to let every single person that wants to come

What part of your dumbass brain cant get past the fact that the country is not going to let 160 million people immigrate into the United States? If the motivations behind your plan depends on a number of nonsensical impossibilities taking place in order for the plan to have an effect, then that makes the plan itself a nonsensical impossibility.

The Hispanics are a culturally unified group, unlike the culturally divided Europeans and Asians that came here.
If you're actually stupid enough to believe that then you arent even worth having a conversation with. 
Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
-->
@Greyparrot
#2 doesnt make sense. Immigrants dont just take jobs, they create jobs via demand. A bigger population is not bad for the economy. The migrants need more food, housing, stuff. That means more farms, more food, more factories, more work all around. The idea that they are taking YOUR job is cherry picked political spin that doesnt follow the logic to its conclusion but stops where it is convenient.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Nemiroff
 they create jobs via demand.

This is such an easily debunkable claim. If simple demand creates jobs, why can't they create jobs where they live?

Demand certainly isn't creating jobs anywhere else on the American continents....

You need capital period to create jobs and capital is the enemy of every person on the left.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Greyparrot
The leftiest person to ever learn they aren't an Indian once said, "I am a capitalist to the bone"

Capital is conducive to accountability, and private accountability is necessary to the American way.  It isn't capital that creates jobs though.  People create jobs, and people who are up to the task of going above and beyond what is necessary for survival sustain successful business.

Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@Greyparrot
It certainly is creating demand. Emerging markets are rapidly growing... but they are still poor. Capital does not create demand, life does.

What capital does is it realizes demand, and it that sense i agree. You do need capital to realize demand, but to my point, that capital needs to be in the hands of those with the demand, aka the consumer. A higher minimum wage is one way to boost the consumer.

I would lean more your way if companies were struggling, but the economy has been booming and the big companies have only been growing in profitability (til very recently), and executive/shareholder payouts have been going up. I understand its not in their individual short term interest to pay workers more, but as their saving grow, more money sits uncirculated as more people with a need to spend are unable to act on their demand. An economy cannot survive without demand. Supply follows demand, very rarely does supply create demand, unless its a lack of supply, like diamonds, which is not the argument you are making. 

Also 3rd world nations lack the ability to enforce rule of law for loans, contracts, intellectual property, and consumer reassuring safety standards. Aka *regulations*.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Nemiroff
Also 3rd world nations lack the ability to enforce rule of law for loans, contracts, intellectual property, and consumer reassuring safety standards. Aka *regulations*.

I agree 3rd world countries abhor private capital as well, so job creation is severely restricted.
Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@Greyparrot
1. How do you quote? I see no quote button. Sorry, new here.

2. What do you mean 3rd world nations abhor private capital? That makes no sense. They are desperate for any capital that doesnt come with pride destruction, and many times they take money regardless. They are by definition, in desperate need of money, both privately and publically. 

The reason they cant enforce those laws is because they dont have functioning governments. Governments enforce those laws. Not because of some inexplicable hate of money! Im sorry, you totally lost me.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Nemiroff
Private Capital is private property and private land, otherwise all job creation can only come from the capital owned by the government, and its a long established fact that the government is extremely poor at satisfying market demand with jobs due to its unresponsiveness to market indicators.
Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@Greyparrot
Are you by some chance talking about the 4 or so 3rd world dictatorships that call themselves communist and ignoring the hundreds of capital friendly 3rd world countries?

Also the government isnt supposed to create jobs, its supposed to create laws and maintain the economy. It's the referee, not the player. Every game has rules and rules need to be enforced.

You are assuming alot about this argument. We are talking about the minimum wage, not elimination of private sector. My argument that demand creates supply, is entirely rooted in capitalism and doesnt make sense in any context you are arguing about. Please return to the topic.