Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Critical-Tim
I do not have faith in 'world to control the world,

Nations self interested,
Interested in what 'they gain,
Interested in letting 'other countries sacrifice,
Unwilling to bow so easy to other countries regulations.

Better to assume world will break,
Better to focus on own country and allies,
Focus on improving climate in 'own country,
Focus on building shelters in own country,
Focus on building infrastructure and walls to keep out hordes.
Critical-Tim
Debates: 3
Critical-Tim
-->
@Lemming
It seems as though you didn't complete your sentence, you said you do not have faith in the world, but to have faith means to believe in something. What do you mean by you do not believe in the world? What do you believe it can or cannot accomplish? Your claim is so vague, I don't really have anything to say.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Critical-Tim
Faith is commonly used as a statement of belief in a person or organization to take some action.

I do not have faith that the world will act in a way to effect large climate change.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Critical-Tim
I advocate for addressing the root cause of issues rather than merely treating the symptoms. Specifically, I prioritize tackling global climate change at its source rather than resorting to short-term solutions like building bigger dams. However, I find that many individuals involved in climate change initiatives lack a clear rationale behind their actions. While they may mention goals such as preserving biodiversity or reducing global temperatures, they often fail to explain why they believe these objectives are crucial. In my view, understanding the underlying problem is essential to finding effective solutions. We must identify and comprehend the issue thoroughly before labeling it as a problem and taking appropriate actions.
I am the inverse.

I generally support "environmental goals" except the reduction of carbon emissions. Litter, over hunting, over-fishing, and habitat removal are after all real and insofar as I like our ecosystems real problems that can exist.

That's not to say I always believe the claims nor do I think every species is equally worthy of preservation. For instance when there are 20,000 species of beetle and clusters that can't be distinguished without looking at their genitals I don't care if a few go extinct.

Clean air, clean water, minimal extinction, but I stick with the science which means a compound actually has to hurt something important to be called a pollutant.

Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
How do your goals or perspective inversely reflect my own?
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Critical-Tim
You implied that you find only the supposed issue of anthropomorphic catastrophic global climate change to be of high priority in the set of all environmental complaints. I find that claim to be the least worthy of all environmental complaints.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You implied that you find only the supposed issue of anthropomorphic catastrophic global climate change to be of high priority in the set of all environmental complaints. I find that claim to be the least worthy of all environmental complaints.
I did not mean to imply this. I often find miscommunication is from various interpretations or implications, so I try my best to be explicit. I'm aware that there are many environmental changes that are not a result of human activity, but I must say I hear the most complaints are for the ones that humans dominantly create. Perhaps it is best that humans acknowledge what their actions are negatively impacting and cease those before proactively working on other problems. It would seem pretty pointless for people to proactively seek solutions to environmental problems while contributing to the problem and other areas.