@TheDredPriateRoberts
people go to and away from religion because of illness and traumatic events
Is this from your or a quote?

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
certainly you know some people denounce God, religion because of some unfair traumatic event, or attribute unexplained or fantastic events to God or a religion.  intense events must effect the brain right?  like a brand new romantic relationship, which after a certain time isn't as intense.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheRealNihilist
God data is God data.

We all have God data.

Though output is variable.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@n8nrgmi
This is pretty general and at least i couldn't relate with any of what it was saying. I personally thought religion knew what i already knew... so, i didn't have any good or bad thoughts about it, it was more like a duh moment when i learned about it. Then as i aged, i read it, watched society, and learned it's bs and/or another's truth not mine. So... the article really doesn't address the more ambivalent types like myself. Oh, and the Santa thing... it was just obvious there was no Santa to me bc i always got what i told my parents i wanted. Again, just a duh moment... i'm sure some things happened to my brain chemistry... but when do things not happen... it was def. not something like a drug high or devastating... possibly just felt good that i figured it out... in that sense, when do we not have a good feeling... just a very general article.

The more profound changes one may see in brain chemistry is likely the very gullible types, the follower types, the overly optimistic and trusting types, even the very skeptical types that were hoping for it to be untrue but likely in an obsessive way... etc. In that right, i may agree with some of what the article was talking about. It's also a push towards rationality which is always a good thing so we can get into trans-rational sooner than later.