Author: Mharman

Total: 428
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
@Club
Try to breadcrumb who your partner(s) are. And please consult your partner on reads and overall game play.
Or fucking don't breadcrumb who your partner(s) are. There is no reason that you should be outting them and making life easier for mafia. If they're competent then one or both of you will have left some sort of hint that you can point to, but it should never be as obvious as Pie is implying.

Consult your partner on reads and the game. Yes.

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@WaterPhoenix
What are your reads so far?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@PressF4Respect
What are your reads so far. 
warren42
warren42
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
Doesn't anyone else get what I'm saying? Behavior is important, but we can't solely go on behavior for a VTL. DP1 has no hard facts in it whatsoever, and I do not think it's a good idea to VTL merely on behavior alone.

If your sole basis for voting is hard facts you're gonna have trouble playing mafia. This whole game is predicated on behavior analysis.

Man would I love to see you play a mountainous (no power roles, only vanilla and goons) game.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@warren42
I think CC is scum. He is not scum hunting and he has went against his conservative style by character claiming with no prompting. Not to mention his only contributions are fluff. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@warren42
Disc are we still revealing teams? If so should I reveal mine?

Lol only if you are scum.
Wylted
Wylted
He has chosen to talk game theory over game playing because it is easier to hide that way as scum and this may be a forced attempt to look consistent by VTNL ing so blatantly especially when game one he actually seemed to retreat a bit on that philosophy 
Wylted
Wylted
His character claim makes no sense unless he did it to try and force some town cred
warren42
warren42
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
Re: Roles that mess with results

Godfathers and millers are both quite common roles. I would be entirely unsurprised if there's a cop and one (or both) of those two roles. Other roles such as lawyer, framer, redirector, etc are also not uncommon here.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
A combination of information and behavior.

So what happens when you VTNL because 'lol no info dp 1 lol' and the cop dies NP 1?

What happens when you get to DP 3 and realize there are no investigative roles?

Like I tried to explain to you last game there are only two options, let the scum choose who dies or let the town choose who dies, and the only reliable way the town has of making sure they make the correct choice is by trying to figure out who is scum during the DP. If you don't use the DP to find scum then the DP is wasted.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Lol only if you are scum.

I asked in mafia chat if you were serious. Why do you want me to reveal our whole team?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
You can use those same bullshit reasons on DP2, because the possibility of killing town is always there. It is retarded logic. If we keep using your logic town would never lynch and scum would direct all the kills.

Yeah, this was exactly the point I had last game.
warren42
warren42
INB4 scum pie tries to push my lynch for that
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@warren42
I asked in mafia chat if you were serious. Why do you want me to reveal our whole team?

Lmao okay smartass enough screwing around, start playing the game.

This fukin' guy.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
I think CC is scum. He is not scum hunting and he has went against his conservative style by character claiming with no prompting. Not to mention his only contributions are fluff.

His DP 1 contributions were mostly fluff last game as well. I think we have better lynch options available.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
game one he actually seemed to retreat a bit on that philosophy

Actually that is a fair point. Imma go reread the last game and then reread this DP and decide from there.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I have been. Pie is playing very anti-town and might be mafia back to back, Club is town confirmed because that's a shit fake claim, and cogent is wrong but I don't think his annoyance here is affliation indicative.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@warren42
Yeah, pie is my top lynch choice right now. Club, Wylted, and bmd are town. need to take a closer look at pressf, supa, and speed when I reread.
warren42
warren42
Oh yeah bmd is town too. Not convinced on wylted or speed though
warren42
warren42
The best point in speed's favor is that if he's mafia he knew that asking bmd that question would make people townread him, which does feel a bit unlikely

Cogent_Cognizer
Debates: 5
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted

This guy fancies him self as somebody into learning how the human mind works, while simultaneously saying behavioral analysis is pointless. 

I don't think I ever once said it was useless. That's you putting words in my mouth. 
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@warren42

Not convinced on Wylted or Speed though

Wylted does seem pretty hellbent on putting words in my mouth.

Wylted
Wylted
This is odd but ai am willing to lynch two claimed players now even though early claims are usually indicative of town. Both CC and water seem scummy to me. My read on water comes from the RVS stage though and he needs to be more forthcoming with his thoughts on the game
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
Nothing opportunistic about it, my gameplay has always pressured him going back to bsh’s game
Wylted
Wylted
I think club could be scum as well. Claiming Mason out the gate like that was a stupid town move. Possibly too stupid for club to ever make if he was legitimately town but as scum it may give the appearance of being confirmed town from the perspective of naive players. Masons are often sometimes an odd combo of scum and town done for purposes of trickery by the mod. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
My bad, your own game ^^
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Mharman
Are masons town aligned if you have theoretically used them?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@ILikePie5
Give me all of your reads please
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted
We seem to agree at least about Club here. I can't think of a good reason a town member would claim that so early.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
Reads now please, even if you are committed not to act on them. We need your reads incase you are the NK so you can influence the game post mortem