Pizza Mafia DP1

Author: Mharman

Total: 428
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
Perhaps you should explain why it would be detrimental to town to not have you anymore rather than defend yourself desperately 

You realize how stupid you sound right now? 

Why are you even on my wagon?
Cogent_Cognizer
Debates: 5
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted
What does CC mean in this context?
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
Wait, didn't Wylted just post something? Maybe I got onto to the wrong page for a second
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@ILikePie5
Keep up this questioning of me. It will make the others think we aren't scum
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
Keep up this questioning of me. It will make the others think we aren't scum

You not answering makes you scum not me. You have to have a reason to be on my wagon. Only mafia vote for absolutely no reason.
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@ILikePie5
Shit. This keeps putting me outside our pms
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
I think it's best I wait until I get to desktop. My phone is being wonky
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ILikePie5
My read is you and stop dodging my questions and I'll answer yours
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WaterPhoenix
My read is you and stop dodging my questions and I'll answer yours

I’m not going to answer your question as there is no need for me to. It’s literally anti-town at this point for me to claim.

I will ask again, why are you on my wagon? If you refuse to give a reason or have no reason, it’s a reasonable assumption that you are scum.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ILikePie5
I started your wagon because you believe I am scum when there is no evidence but me voting people and you are making it into a huge deal when it is not, this leads me to conclude you are scum as you are picking on someone who isn't experienced at this game and are trying to get everyone to think I'm scum. Now say what analysis you think you have on me.

warren42
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
It's neither poor logic nor is it opportunistic. I was literally just scum with you where you made a shitty push on wylted for what you seemed to think would be an easy lynch, and now you were trying to push a policy lynch on club for all of day 1 without even attempting to hunt. That is not poor logic. You're looking for an easy lynch.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Alright, I’ll explain my reasoning unlike you.

1.) Parallelism. In your vote for both Wylted and BMD you joined because everyone else joined. That screams opportunistic, but that’s not all. Each time after your vote in the same post you made a fluff statement. Now it could be coincidence or it’s a psychological slip, and I think it’s the latter. It’s cognitive dissonance. You know you want to vote for someone but without drawing attention hence fluff. If it was once it’d be whatever but you did it twice, which makes me suspicious.

2.) You claimed for absolutely no reason. There is no reason why you should be doing this unless you’re Greyparrot since it’s inherently anti town until there’s sufficient pressure.

3.) You’re role fishing. You asked Disc and me for our roles. Disc didn’t say and I didn’t say, but you scumread me but not Disc?

4.) You being inexperienced has nothing to do with this. I’m merely using your own words against you.

5.) Even is 1 is just a coincidence, 2 and 3 still stand.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
It's neither poor logic nor is it opportunistic. I was literally just scum with you where you made a shitty push on wylted for what you seemed to think would be an easy lynch, and now you were trying to push a policy lynch on club for all of day 1 without even attempting to hunt. That is not poor logic. You're looking for an easy lynch.

There was a caveat. Policy lynch Club if there is not better alternative. Clearly there’s an alternate. It is poor logic. 

Lemme put it this way. If Club claimed Vanilla town, would you still be on my wagon. Because to me it seems you’re only on me cause I made Club claim Mason.

And you have yet to acknowledge my scumhunting with regards to Water. I clearly was scumhunting. You on the other hand haven’t done any besides push me for something that was only going to happen if there was no alternate. Clearly I was hunting for an alternate.
warren42
warren42
Also Pie please point me toward your water thing because I don't remember a damn bit of it

WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ILikePie5
1. No, I was trying to help pressure
2. Wylted asked for a claim
3. Disc didn't scumread me
4. What?

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
Also Pie please point me toward your water thing because I don't remember a damn bit of it

Post 282 is most comprehensive/latest. It’s been progressive throughout. I asked people about their opinions on it. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Wylted
I cannot answer your question regarding mason affiliation.

warren42
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
You can't just throw around words like "clearly" and expect them to have meaning. It seems multiple other people agree with me. So no, it's not clear.

As far as club's claim, yes, I'd still be on you because as I hinted at above, I don't think you were actively searching for alternatives. You were, on the other hand, actively trying to agree to your contingency plan, which makes me feel as though it wasn't really a contingency plan.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WaterPhoenix
1. No, I was trying to help pressure
2. Wylted asked for a claim
3. Disc didn't scumread me
4. What?
1.) Then you say you were. You don’t say “cause everyone else is voting him.” And there definitely was no need for the fluff in both instsnces
2.) And you gave it with zero pressure? *Facepalm* If you were reading Wylted said earlier that you don’t just give claims like that.
3.) I was suspicious of you long before that. In this case you’d just ask me for my role. Why ask Disc his role if he wasn’t suspicious of you?
4.) I’m just pointing out things you’ve said.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
You can't just throw around words like "clearly" and expect them to have meaning. It seems multiple other people agree with me. So no, it's not clear.
Dude I agree as well. It was unfair of me to specifically say he’s my policy if we don’t get alternative. It was his decision to say his role, an important role at that, not mine. If you think that I shouldn’t have said Policy lynch him, that’s fine, I ageee, but that’s not a reason to lynch me. It’s something I’ve been consistent with in past games as I pointed out.

As far as club's claim, yes, I'd still be on you because as I hinted at above, I don't think you were actively searching for alternatives. You were, on the other hand, actively trying to agree to your contingency plan, which makes me feel as though it wasn't really a contingency plan.

Well, that’s your opinion. I was analyzing Water specifically. And I unvoted as soon as he claimed mason since it’s a confirmable role. He’s part of my town list. He’s clearly no longer my policy lynch.
warren42
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
Nothing in 282 is even remotely convincing. You're flippantly tossing big words or phrases that seem smart like "cognitive dissonance" into your posts and clearly don't have any grasp of what they mean. Cognitive dissonance is "the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change."

You're using "parallelism" and "cognitive dissonance" to describe the same thing when they aren't similar in the slightest.

Also, you've failed to give any convincing reason why any of that's inherently scummy. This push honestly might be worse than the one on club. Not only does my vote stand, but your "case" on water made me even more confident that you have done nothing pro-town yet.

Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@ILikePie5
Warren brought up some good points in post 291. I can really only think of one or two contexts to compare parallelism and cognitive dissonance, otherwise they're pretty opposing ideas. 
Nonetheless what you said indicates you are misusing the term cognitive dissonance. 

CD is a phenomena that occurs when someone does something which doesn't align with their beliefs. Its an internal cognitive struggle that probably everyone has had in their lives at least a few times. I see it in myself constantly, not in the context of this game but real-life. 

My studying of psychology and cognitive science in general is somewhat of a two-edged sword. As I learn about cognitive biases and errors, I can't help but become more cognizant of these biases and errors within myself. In essence this is what cognitive dissonance boils down to: you realize these things exist in yourself and it can be somewhat of a metaphysical crisis. 

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Vote Count
Pie (2/6) - Warren, Cogent
VTNL (1/6) - Club
Bmdrocks (1/6) - Water
Wylted (1/6) - Supa
SupaDudz (1/6) - Speedrace
Water (1/6) - Wylted

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
Nothing in 282 is even remotely convincing. You're flippantly tossing big words or phrases that seem smart like "cognitive dissonance" into your posts and clearly don't have any grasp of what they mean. Cognitive dissonance is "the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change."

You're using "parallelism" and "cognitive dissonance" to describe the same thing when they aren't similar in the slightest.

Also, you've failed to give any convincing reason why any of that's inherently scummy. This push honestly might be worse than the one on club. Not only does my vote stand, but your "case" on water made me even more confident that you have done nothing pro-town yet.

Conceptually it makes sense. He wants to vote and join the wagon but can’t without drawing suspicion. Hence he uses fluff to counteract it and make himself feel better. Parallelism refers to structure not a state of mind. The structure of both posts are the same. And that was only a part of the argument. Which I also acknowledged could be coincidence.

What about the other 2 reasons? 

And you’ve yet to mention how you’ve actively been scum hunting. The way I see it, you’re on me cause I asked Club to claim and he did. 

Stop dodging the questions I posed and answer them.

Your wagon has zero merit. Zero. You call me out for trying to Policy lynch Club if there’s no alternative. Are you simply against he concept of a policy lynch or you just hate me cause I asked Club specifically?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
And why tf are you on me. Wylted said he’s willing to lynch Club earlier in the DP.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
Why are you on me, I thought you wanted to VTNL
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@ILikePie5
I've accepted the idea that probably no one likes to VTNL except on MYLO. Given this, there's no point for me to vtnl
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
Good to hear you’ve come to your senses.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
Reads please?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Your vote from me comes cause a “revealed” a mason, when you wouldn’t be making the same case if he claimed Vanilla. It’s poor logic and hella opportunistic.

This is a good point.

VTL warren