Banana Republic vs Whistleblower In White House

Author: ebuc

Total: 40
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
The biggest roadblock to an actual impeachment vote is not Trump. It is Pelosi.

There is a valid reason why the squad wants her removed.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Agreed, Pelosi is terrible and should be removed. But now that the impeachment investigation is official, she can't prevent it any more. The investigation will show trump's crimes, which at this point are numerous. Pelosi won't be able to take that investigation which found trump guilty and refuse to let people vote on it. It would destroy her and the democrats credibility. 

Once the investigation is finished detailing trump's crimes, there will be a vote. I don't see any way that vote could be anything but to impeach. Without the investigation proceedings she could keep delaying, but now that the official proceedings have begun, the Rubicon has been crossed. There is no going back now. 

Trump is almost certainly to be the 3rd president in history to be impeached. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Once the investigation is finished detailing trump's crimes, 
This won't happen any time soon.

Most likely it will end when the house flips in 2020.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I never said it would. Impeachment proceedings were ongoing for a year against nixon before he resigned and avoided being impeached. Depending on how hard the trump government fights the subpoenas and how long the courts take to rule that congress has the right to information it might be a year before the house votes to impeach trump. 

Unless he resigns 1st, but that seems unlikely. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@HistoryBuff
Some Trump cultist judge threw out a jurys guilty decision on some other cult Trumpist.

And a 2nd judge did similar thing with a couple subset of the Maniford crimes.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ebuc
some Trump cultist judge threw out a jurys guilty decision on some other cult Trumpist.

And a 2nd judge did similar thing with a couple subset of the Maniford crimes.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your point. An impeachment doesn't go to the courts. impeachment is a trial in congress and then the Senate. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@HistoryBuff
I'm sorry, I don't understand your point. An impeachment doesn't go to the courts. impeachment is a trial in congress and then the Senate. 

Sorry, they were not related to "impeachment". They were related to the white house and it cultist follors behaving as Banana Republic dictatorship.

My two items were on the Rachael Maddow show last night and again, sorry I cant recall the exact names of the peoples were charged and conviented of crimes related to this administration of their campagin and a Trumpist cult judge threw out their convictions.

So again, USA is now currently and has been dealing with a Banana Republic since the dictator and cult leader Trump has got into officce. Do you understand any of what Ive stated above?  With birdbrain Gray-parrot it hits Trump cultist brickwall.  Hear no evil of Trump, see no evil of Trump and speak no evil of Trump. Sad  ;--(

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ebuc
Ah I see. The problem is that Trump hired people who are very experienced with sleaze. The system, as it currently is designed, is susceptible to being heavily influenced. People like Manafort have made a career out of straddling the line between really shady and illegal. It makes it difficult to pin them down when they go over the line. 

The political system needs an overhaul to keep all the private money and lobbyists out. Most of the establishment candidates for both Dems and Republicans like the corruption they can get away with and have no intention of changing it. That is why it is so important that Bernie Sanders wins the election and that the "centerist" dems get primaried and replaced with progressives. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
I don't think that makes any sense. I agree that Pelosi was doing her best to prevent this for the last few years. She thought initiating impeachment proceedings would energize Trumps base. But she no longer really had a choice. That ship has sailed. Even the moderates, who she thought she was protecting, started pushing her to impeach. At this point I don't think she has any chance of going back. 

Agreed

The Mueller report showed at least 8 times trump committed a crime.

False. Mueller could not prove a crime was committed. He said there was no collusion as well.

Trump has now publicly said he asked the leader of Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden. That is also a crime. 

Asking isn’t forcing. I can ask you suck me off. Doesn’t mean you will. And he asked to look into the DNC server as well which somehow the FBI still hasn’t looked it at, not to mention the origins of the Russia investigation lie in Ukraine.

Now that the investigation phase of the impeachment has begun, it will certainly find that he has committed crimes. Since his guilt has been established there is no chance they could find otherwise. I don't see how Pelosi could possibly prevent a vote at that point. And then Trump will be impeached by the house. 

Impeachment is a blessing for DJT 

Whether or not the senate convicts and removes him from office is uncertain. It will depend on the details about Trump's interactions with Ukraine. If there is a smoking gun to be found that makes his criminality undeniable, then it is possible. However, they are such sniveling sycophants that even a smoking gun might not be enough. 

McConnell and Graham won’t allow it.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
False. Mueller could not prove a crime was committed. He said there was no collusion as well.
This is a lie. Mueller found that there were multiple cases where the trump government committed acts that would classify as criminal obstruction of justice. Unfortunately he took the opinion that a) he couldn't charge them (he could have) and b) that because he couldn't charge them it would not be proper to outright say they committed the crimes, because they would not have the ability to test that in court. He heavily hinted that congress should hold them accountable. He also said he could not prove or disprove collusion because the trump administration ordered too many people not to co-operate and worked double time to cover up evidence. (i'm paraphrasing)

Asking isn’t forcing.
Asking is in, and of itself, a crime. The moment he asked a foreign national to provide info on biden to help with his campaign, he committed a crime. 

I can ask you suck me off. Doesn’t mean you will.
No, but in this case he was holding back $400 million in aid they desperately needed to fight off the Russians while asking for a favor. Trump said himself that this was not the only call. And we haven't actually seen a transcript of the call yet. They have only released a "summary" of it. They cut significant sections out of the version they released. We will continue to learn more about the extortion aspect. 

Impeachment is a blessing for DJT 
It wasn't for Nixon. The only reason impeachment didn't hurt clinton is because they were impeaching him for a stupid reason. He lied about an affair. And while that is bad, that has absolutely no effect on the country. Trump, among other things, asked a foreign government to interfere in a US election. That has a much larger effect on the country. And the fact that they tried really hard to cover all of this up would lead me to believe that there is more to this that we don't know yet. 

McConnell and Graham won’t allow it.
Probably not. But we shall see. Neither of those 2 actually like trump. They both trashed him before it became clear he would be the nominee. They both protect him because it serves their interests to do so. If it stops serving their interests to protect him, they would turn on him in a heartbeat. If the information that comes out in the impeachment inquiry is bad enough to start tanking trump's approval rating they might turn on him. If it doesn't they will prevent his conviction in the senate.