What do people think about healing crystals

Author: crossed

Total: 40
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Nemiroff
I have plenty if bowel movements actually. The fiber thing is a myth. As far as heart health is concerned, it seems to improve 5 of 6 main markers of heart health  the 6th one I think is cholesterol which the diet raises. I'll hunt down some sources if I get some time but I think the arguments I expressed are pretty common and easy to Google. 
Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
-->
@Wylted
The fiber thing is definitely not a myth. The physics is simple. The undigestable fiber stays in the gut and draws water to it via simple oncotic pressure. As water is retained your poop becomes bulkier and softer making it easier to pass. You may have a system that can accomadate with minimal fiber, many do not.

I did google, and although you are correct on diabetes, as i explained, meat doesnt have much sugars... but all sources said it is poor for overall cholesterol in the long term. The only good results of the carnivore diet are short term and are entirely due to protein being very filling so you eat less overall calories. Over time the nutritional deficit and over abundance of limited nutrients will cause problems. Balance is key.

Crash Course metabolism & nutrition

348 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@crossed
I think it's likely malarkey,
But that placebos, culture, and how a concept can cause you to consider something,
Can be enjoyable.

A coworker of mine gave me a smoky black quartz once,
Claimed it helped keep away bad luck.
I found a thought amusing, and a bit reassuring, despite being false.
That by keeping the smoky black quartz on my person, I could ward off an bad luck from outside sources, and thus any bad luck I would encounter, would be formed purely of my own action and volition.
Which 'is true in a sense,
I view my thoughts, reactions, and actions,
As all due to my own will,
Should I spill a glass of milk, I have the option to rage and make the situation worse, or I can shrug and mop up the mess.
Figure that it should serve as a cautionary warning for next time, and to pay better attention when having cups containing liquid about me.
Certainly something within my control.

109 days later

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
I use herbal remedies, crystals, charged water and modern medicine.  They are finding that sound frequencies  can heal as well.  Light effects our moods. It could be bs and all mental or it could work. I wouldn't keep my child  or myself from medical care but if something outside that helped why tell people they can't do both. 
Benjamin
Debates: 79
Benjamin
The ancient strategy: Try everything, somethings gotta work.

Are you also attending church in order to be prayed for? What about akupuncture? Witchcraft?

Also, plants having "healing" abilities is not religion, it is science.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
I have firsthand experience that healing crystals do actually work. I was skeptical at first, but I've found that after some experimentation that inserting a mixture of polished lapis lazuli and amethyst stones into my rectal cavity has greatly improved my digestive health as well as helped me lose weight. I've even noticed that my skin tone has improved.

Using crystals like this might seem expensive, but as long as stones of sufficient size and weight are inserted, they can readily be reused once excreted. 
Jasmine
Debates: 4
Jasmine
I think they're fake. And the people who sell them are scam artists, just like those fortune tellers.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@dustryder
Why would it be expensive? 
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
It takes some experimentation in size to get to the point where the stones can be readily be recovered, and reiki infused stones are particularly costly.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@dustryder
I have yet to pay more than two dollars a stone.   I have heard of setting an intention in a stone but not having them reiki infused. New one, have to check it out. Sad thing is anyone can learn to do reiki.