-->
@Greyparrot
So you're motivator, not vote giver?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@warren42
Yah motivator was in caps so I'm guessing that's who I am.
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
My vote stands. I don't like that.

Oro, insofar as him proving himself it doesn't prove his alignment, just his role. I realize that who he gives the vote to can help determine, but it's still hard.
warren42
warren42
I'd rather just lynch what I see as a scummy claim.
A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
Greyparrot has:
1 - Talked about himself too much, including reiteration
2 - Talked back to anyone suggesting he is wrong
3 - Somehow also been too suggestable, agreeing with others like he had no case at all, even though he did, although the logic was trash

Grey is my first suspect for scum. If others agree I'll switch my vote and we'll get something done.
A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
^^^^^
See pages 7 and 8

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
I'm here. The mafia can just give up now instead of wasting everyone's time.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Press has been Mod Killed and replaced by drafter
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
 lol
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi

Motivator is a role that can target a player at Night to allow them to use an extra action during the following Night. Note that factional abilities such as the Mafia's Night-kill cannot be used twice in one Night.
Generally speaking, Motivators are Town-aligned, but not seen outside role madness games.

Use and Power
Motivator is a swingy way to increase its faction's overall power, as there is no guarantee that it will target Town. As long as it cannot cause a role or combination to become unreasonably powerful, it's usually considered fine overall.

Doublevoter can be used as a role modifier or as a role in its own right. It allows the player to cast the equivalent of two votes.
Obviously this can be extended to a triplevoter having three votes and so forth, but by that point this concept becomes silly in terms of balance and acts more like a dayvig than anything.

Variations
Exactly how the double vote works is up to the moderator. Some examples include:
  • A player may have two votes in play at a time, controlled with Vote: PLAYERNAME and Second Vote: PLAYERNAME.
  • A player may cast a single vote, but it has the weight of two votes. If this is done, the moderator may explicitly list the vote twice, or just once.
  • A player may cast a single vote inthread, but control an invisible second vote via PM.
It is not standardized whether a Doublevoter can change the number of votes required to lynch. The Doublevoter is more powerful when the number of votes required to lynch is based on the number of players in the game, rather than how many votes are in the game.
It is possible for a Doublevoter to simultaneously hammer two wagons if they are both at L-1 and the Doublevoter is on neither of them (and so is the only player not currently voting). What the moderator does in this scenario is not standardized simply because it's not a commonly plied strategy - if you're interested, contact your moderator to ask how they would handle such an occurrence.

Use and Power
Unless the moderator resorts to shenanigans such as obscuring the weight of EVERY player's vote, the presence of a doublevoter will become obvious before too long.

For Town, Doublevoter is a very mild power role. While it has the potential to stop Mafia from endgaming the Town when they make up 50% of the living players (because they do not control 50% of the votes), they will usually be targeted to die much earlier than then because of the above point. In addition, possessing two votes does not imply that the doublevoter has any special knowledge about who is scum, and Towns tend to get quite angry if a doublevoter tries to use its power to push its will on the other players. Thus, Doublevoter is an especially weak Town power role that is often treated as an obstacle by the Town.

For scum, Doublevoter is immensely valuable because it allows the faction to endgame the other players (that is, control 50% of the votes) earlier than usual. This is especially true if the scum's doublevote is hidden, as they can fool the Town into believing they have more chances to lynch scum than they actually do. Thus, scum doublevoters are not unheard of but still remarkably powerful.
Play Advice

As a general rule, a Town Doublevoter's second vote is wasted if it is not on the same player as the Doublevoter's first vote. The exception is the simultaneous-hammer scenario detailed in "Variations".

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@drafterman
town's plan is to lynch you post haste because of PressF's inactivity.  What can you tell us to keep us from lynching you today?

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@oromagi
I'd say it's a good idea to get some claims, then lynch the scummiest person. Lacking a strong read, getting rid of an inactive is good since they're anti-Town.

But I'm not inactive, so the rationale for lynching me is gone.
oromagi
oromagi

An Oracle is a player who can ask the moderator about general information regarding the setup.
Of course, this role has obvious potential to be overpowered if not restricted. Some common restrictions include:
  • The information given can only be that which the moderator would have known before assigning alignments to players (so "who are the scum" would become unanswerable).
  • The moderator's response can only be two words long at most.
Oracle can be of any alignment, but is usually pro-Town. It is not generally seen outside role madness.

Use and Power

Oracle can range from a reasonably useful informative role for breaking falseclaims and giving the Oracle a reading on the game state to being a game-breaker. It should be balanced according to the most damaging results it could possibly receive. (Note that no matter how good a fakeclaim is, an Oracle is likely to be able to disprove it, and a carefully-worded question can often check multiple claims at once; it is thus very rare for a Town-aligned Oracle to fail to catch at least one scum.)

Keep in mind Warren claims special variation
drafterman
drafterman
Claims:
1. GreyParrot - Aunt May - Vote Giver
3. Ragnar - Clint Barton (Hawkeye) - ????
7. warren42 - ???? - Oracle

Unclaimed:
2. drafterman
4. ILikePie5
5. WaterPhoenix
6. Mharman
8. oromagi
9. CogentCognizer
10. SupaDudz
11. A-R-O-S-E
12. Wylted

UVC
PressF - 3/7 - ILikePie, AROSE, SupaDudz
GreyParrot - 1/7 - warren4

warren42
warren42
-->
@oromagi
The other variation I know is that the oracle picks someone's role and reveals it publicly upon the oracle's death. It's not that either.
drafterman
drafterman
I totally buy Grey's claim. Aunt May as a motivator that grants extra votes is spot on. Either it's an inegious fake claim or one given by the mod.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
I'd give you an extra vote tonight, but scum is clearly going to kill you night 1.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
Trust me. They won't. They're too chicken shit.

I'll soft claim though: I'm a core hero.
warren42
warren42
-->
@drafterman
He's literally claimed two different roles

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@warren42
Not how I see it. Motivator is the name of his role. Giving votes is the mechanics of what that role does.
drafterman
drafterman
Pressuring phase of the day is over, plus we have enough claims anyway. We should decide on a lynch (or not to lynch).

• I don't like AROSE' metagaming. Out of Game Influence should be a mod-killable offense. People have thought of this from time to time, even I've thought of it and, as town, considered doing something like this. I mean, a townie wants a sure-fire way to prove themselves as town. But it's just shy of cheating and shouldn't be allowed.
  • People who aren't familiar with the MCU (coughSupacoughMharmancough) should really look at the MCU wiki before casting votes
Re-reading the OP, there is no theme split between town and mafia. So I'll have to back up on my Town read of Grey. I believe his claim, but it seems that isn't an indicator of his affiliation.

So we'll have to be careful here, we really only have behavior and reports to go on. 

drafterman
drafterman
I really don't have any strong reads yet. If forced to choose a scum-read, I'd choose oromagi. He seems a bit over the place with his votes. He initially voted Supa, but never did anything with it and switched to someone else when it was easy to do so.

However, I don't think I have a strong enough read to lead a lynch. I'd rather get rid of an inactive like Water, Cogent, or Wylted.

VTL WaterPhoenix
drafterman
drafterman
Claims:
1. GreyParrot - Aunt May - Vote Giver
3. Ragnar - Clint Barton (Hawkeye) - ????
7. warren42 - ???? - Oracle

Unclaimed:
2. drafterman
4. ILikePie5
5. WaterPhoenix
6. Mharman
8. oromagi
9. CogentCognizer
10. SupaDudz
11. A-R-O-S-E
12. Wylted

UVC
PressF - 3/7 - ILikePie, AROSE, SupaDudz
GreyParrot - 1/7 - warren4
WaterPhoenix - 1/7 - drafterman

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@drafterman
I VTL Supa first thing every game.  It is a family tradition.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@oromagi
So your defense is that you do something pointless and not to the benefit of town all the time?
oromagi
oromagi
TOWN
8. oromagi                   (verifiable?)     .
1. GreyParrot              May Parker      MOTIVATOR (voting)
3. Ragnar                    Clint Barton     .
 2. PressF4Respect     [core]            .         
10. SupaDudz             ???                   .
4. ILikePie5                 ???                   .
5. WaterPhoenix         ???                   .
6. Mharman                 ???                   .
12. Wylted                   ???                   .
7. warren42                 (no ep. film)    ORACLE (special)     
(press to lynch testable role)
11. A-R-O-S-E             [not important]     
(press to lynch testable role)
9. CogentCognizer      ???                   .
[nopost online 3 days ago]
SCUM

UNVOTE
VTL CogentCognizer
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@oromagi
What's the point of starting a third wagon?

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@drafterman
I offer no defense- but yes, I think you have the gist of it.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@drafterman
First wagon (you) just changed status

second wagon (greyparrot) is anti-town