the impeachment inquiry is a witch hunt

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 225
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I trust them to dig up negative dirt on Trump. Crony and biased means they are motivated, not incompetent.

If Trump starts charging hotel rooms at the rates Hillary charges for speeches or Bernie charges for garbage books about greed, then I will start to show some concern.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I trust them to dig up negative dirt on Trump. Crony and biased means they are motivated, not incompetent.
Did they provide evidence of this? If they are biased then stories saying trump is losing money would sell well to their audience, even if it isn't true.

If Trump starts charging hotel rooms at the rates Hillary charges for speeches or Bernie charges for garbage books about greed, then I will start to show some concern.
How about foreign countries buying up entire blocks of hotel rooms but never staying in them? How about jared and ivanka making 10's of millions more from foreign money as soon as they got jobs in the white house. How about trump diverting military resources to his resorts so he can profit from them?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
How about foreign countries buying up entire blocks of hotel rooms but never staying in them?

Is this over normal rates for the rooms? How much over?

How about jared and ivanka making 10's of millions more from foreign money as soon as they got jobs in the white house.
Did they earn that money? Or was it a Hunter deal where they actually did zero work?

How about trump diverting military resources to his resorts so he can profit from them?
You mean the military plane ride to stop at a golf course? That's pretty small potatoes as far as government waste goes.

In any case, let me know when that amount of money exceeds the loss of the billions in net-worth Trump suffered coming down the escalator, and then we can have a fireside chat about it.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
If they are biased then stories saying trump is losing money would sell well to their audience, even if it isn't true.

This assumes their audience is capable of being gaslighted by the media. You and I both know the left are highly educated.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
This assumes their audience is capable of being gaslighted by the media. You and I both know the left are highly educated.
On average, better educated than the right. But everyone has bias. Everyone is susceptible to buying into things that they want to believe. For example, you want to believe trump is a great president. So you ignore or look away from his crimes. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
For example, you want to believe Trump is a great president. So you ignore or look away from his crimes. 

I want to believe the economy is doing well and that less illegal invaders are entering the country. That has nothing to do with Trump.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I want to believe the economy is doing well and that less illegal invaders are entering the country. That has nothing to do with Trump.
You are correct. that has nothing to do with trump. He inherited a strong economy and the lowest illegal immigration crossings in years. Yet somehow people think he has something to do with that happening. If you wanted those trends to continue you would vote democrat. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I would have voted Democrat had Obama not said the 2% gdp economy was a new norm and the jobs were never coming back.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
 lowest illegal immigration crossings in years.

That isn't true. Obama had yearly deportation numbers much much higher than Trump, which means of the ones we KNOW about, much more illegals were slipping over the border than the ones we know about under Trump. 

That means if we go with the numbers of illegals that we know about (the ones we can catch) there are way fewer actual border crossings under Trump than Obama. That's a good thing for the country regardless of who is in the Whitehouse. If it's because of strong rhetoric from the Executive branch, strong aid from Mexican forces, or an intimidating wall, I don't give a flying fuck. The end result is that the country is better off.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Almost all of the Trump supporters I have talked to have gone through a "Holy Shit" moment, where they take a look at the policies and the results and you realize the country is better off. They go from "Trump is a joke" to "Holy shit, he is actually making America a better place to live in."

Trump went from being the middle finger joke vote to the non-responsive establishment and do-nothing Congress to an insanely unlikely President that kept his promises and delivered results from his policies. More jobs. Less government red tape bullshit. More GDP. Less illegal border crossings. Better trade deals. Less taxes. More prison reform for people in a bloated prison system. Less troops in pointless proxy wars.

I really don't care who is in the Whitehouse. You deliver even half of that, you got my vote. Hell, I would even turn a blind eye to a few million skimmed off with nepotism or crony speeches. The country is worth trillions more if you can make it a better place for the general public.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Almost all of the Trump supporters I have talked to have gone through a "Holy Shit" moment, where they take a look at the policies and see the results and they realize the country is better off. They go from "Trump is a joke" to "Holy shit, he is actually making America a better place to live in."

Trump went from being the middle finger joke vote to the non-responsive establishment and do-nothing Congress to an insanely unlikely President that kept his promises and delivered results from his policies. More jobs. Less government red tape bullshit. More GDP. Less illegal border crossings. Better trade deals. Less taxes. More prison reform for people in a bloated prison system. Less troops in pointless proxy wars.

I really don't care who is in the Whitehouse. You deliver even half of that, you got my vote. Hell, I would even turn a blind eye to a few million skimmed off with nepotism or crony speeches. The country is worth trillions more if you can make it a better place for the general public.

FagCrusher1488
FagCrusher1488
-->
@n8nrgmi
Trump should absolutely be impeached. Not because of Russia or Ukraine or whatever, but because of his consistent habit of betraying White America. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I would have voted Democrat had Obama not said the 2% gdp economy was a new norm and the jobs were never coming back.
So you would rather be lied to? Those jobs aren't coming back. Not unless Americans start being willing to work for $2 a day. The US current GDP growth is at 2% even with trump's giveaways to the rich. Whether you vote republican or democrat won't change this. 

Almost all of the Trump supporters I have talked to have gone through a "Holy Shit" moment, where they take a look at the policies and the results and you realize the country is better off. 
Such as? He has started trade wars doing damage to the economy. He has pissed off all of america's allies hurting the US's ability to co-operate with others. He has seriously ramped up the deficit to 1 Trillion a year. He has cut tax write-offs for the middle class, so when the temporary tax breaks in his tax package expire soon everyone but the rich will be worse off. He has encouraged white supremacists and racists, further increasing the split in the country. 

What policies and results make you think you are better off? From where i am sitting, virtually everything he has done has made you worse off. 

an insanely unlikely President that kept his promises and delivered results from his policies.
What promises has he kept? He didn't "lock her up". He hasn't built much wall. He has damaged the economy and america's relationships with it's allies. I don't see him delivering on many policies. 

Less illegal border crossings. Better trade deals. Less taxes.

In February 2019, 66,450 migrants were apprehended at the border. This is an 11 year high. He hasn't reduced border crossings, that is a right wing lie. What trade deals has he gotten? He negotiated minor changes to NAFTA and renamed it. But that hasn't been signed yet and didn't change very much. Less taxes for most people, temporarily. In a few years they go back up on everyone but the rich. The rich get their tax cuts permanently. This is because the tax cuts for the middle class were an afterthought. They added them so that poor people wouldn't realize they were getting screwed. 

I really don't care who is in the Whitehouse. You deliver even half of that, you got my vote.
Trump hasn't delivered on half of that. You just choose to believe he has. 
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
-->
@HistoryBuff
You remind me of an history teacher i had mr anegon
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@crossed
no doxxing
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
That isn't true. Obama had yearly deportation numbers much much higher than Trump, which means of the ones we KNOW about, much more illegals were slipping over the border than the ones we know about under Trump. 
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
-->
@Dr.Franklin
He is not my old history teacher
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I gave multiple points about multiple things. You responded to one of them and didn't even bother to provide any info to back it up.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I don't have time to chase down your red herrings.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't have time to chase down your red herrings.
That sounds like a right wing argument. When someone provides facts and statistics pretend like it's fake. But when someone says Obama is a muslim kenyan, or that a migrant caravan is invading the country, well obviously that needs to be believed. lol. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I don't care what it sounds like. If I thought Trump was doing something to increase the amount of illegals coming across the border besides creating more jobs for the poor, I would let you know why I thought that.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't care what it sounds like. If I thought Trump was doing something to increase the amount of illegals coming across the border besides creating more jobs for the poor, I would let you know why I thought that.
So once I debunk several of your talking points you suddenly don't have time? This is one of the problems of politics. You have chosen to believe a set of things that aren't true. When presented with evidence that these things aren't true you retreat to safe space, probably fox news, so that they can repeat your beliefs back at you and reinforce that right wing bubble. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
What cause you found one month of February stats you cherry-picked that is an extreme outlier comparing the yearly statistics of apprehensions on the border?

How is that going to convince anyone? People look at long term trends, not gotcha stats.

Once again, your analysis is straight-up false, and misleading.

Obama had yearly deportation numbers much much higher than Trump, which means of the ones we KNOW about, much more illegals were slipping over the border than the ones we know about under Trump. 

Just who do you think you are going to gaslight with that narrative?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I had points about multiple topics that you threw out that you seemed to think were positive about trump. I provided evidence that most, if not all, were false. You choose to move the goal post on one of them and ignore all of the rest. This is how the right likes to argue. Lie, when someone points out your lies, move the goalposts or change the topic. 

The topic is about whether or not the impeachment inquiry is "witch hunt". Trump has released evidence he has committed at least 1 crime and you just want to distract and pretend it's not happening. 
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Greyparrot
Obama had yearly deportation numbers much much higher than Trump, which means of the ones we KNOW about, much more illegals were slipping over the border than the ones we know about under Trump.
Having higher yearly deportation numbers doesn't necessarily mean that more illegals were slipping over the border.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@dustryder
You have to slip over before you can get deported.

We can only go by the numbers of the illegals we KNOW about due to deportations.

The numbers we don't know about are anyone's guess. Could be higher for Obama or Trump. Nobody knows.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't know what you are talking about. What narrative do you think is a "gaslight"?
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Greyparrot
The process of deportation hasn't remained consistent throughout though so comparing the deportation numbers to decide whether more illegals entered during Obamas or Trumps administration seems silly
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@dustryder
Okay, I guess we can argue that Obama was more efficient at catching and deporting Illegal invaders than Trump was.

You got evidence for this claim?

Personally I believe neither president had much to do with the process. And I have heard no evidence that the head of Border Enforcement under Trump was less effective at doing their job than under Obama.. and vice versa.