The Solution To Poverty?

Author: ethang5

Total: 336
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ethang5
There really isn't any math required to file taxes. There really isn't.
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I still to this day cannot figure out how this was stretched into a two day lesson. Took less than 10 minutes for me to type and should definitely take you less time to read than I spent typing.
You missed the point of my argument. The point was that we should be learning the useful stuff in school and be allowed to google the useless stuff on our own time, instead of it being the other way around.

In fact, if it only takes that little amount of time to learn some of these things like you say it is, then that would mean that we spend far more time in school than we really need, and that there wouldn't be anything wrong with making school days shorter so students get more time to live their lives.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Christen
The point was that we should be learning the useful stuff in school and be allowed to google the useless stuff on our own time, instead of it being the other way around.

According to your profile you are over 20 years old.

Nobody ever took a half hour out of their life to teach you how taxes work in all that time? Seriously?
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I understand the basics of taxes. It's just that not everyone is as fortunate as me, and some kids don't have friends or parents who are willing or able to them this basic stuff.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Christen
How taxes should work is simple stuff.

Understanding the various ways of avoiding tax is what you need to get your head around.

Hence professional accountants.

Such is the case in the U.K.

I'm not sure if the U.S is the same.
logicae
Debates: 10
logicae
-->
@ethang5
Let's just say inflation would be a whole lot worse...

Currently the Federal Reserve prints about 560 million a day or $204,400,000,000 in new money a year. This leads to an inflation rate of a little over 2% a year. Now add in 350 trillion over night and you get 1712% inflation :D That means that if a current gallon of gas costs $2, then it would cost about $34 after this inflation and a $30,000 car would be the price of a half million dollar mansion at $510,000.

To Truth!
-logicae