Plea Bargaining - 2
Death Penalty - 1
Gay Marriage - 1

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
There are no prerequisites or eligibility requirements for users to participate in the Hall of Fame nominating process, except that they have an account on DART and are not voting/nominating from more than one account. Importantly, coordinating votes or launching campaigns for induction are prohibited. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
@Vader
@oromagi
You are being robbed of your chance to compete in Round 2 due to a rule-breaking campaign and arranged troll-voting gang. Will you voice your defence or let yourselves be trodden upon? What about the four-pointers and three-pointers who now won't have people vote for them because it will be a waste?

This is outrageous, how is this allowed when the rules explicitly stated not to do it? Do you think that accidentally four people voted 2 candidates in common with each other, all posting within 15 mins of each other?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@bsh1
RM is an ass and there are a number of very valid reasons as to why so many people dislike him but he is right in this case about a clear violation of the rules having taken place, specifically the bolded portion in post 122 about coordinating votes. It wasn't even 'within 15 mins' of each other like RM says, it was less than 5 mins. What are you going to do about this?

P.S. Add my vote for a nomination of RMs goodbye thread, as well as this one:

Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Sorry Im late, was busy doing other stuff that isnt at all productive to the betterment of my life nor anyone else's 

PPL:

RationalMadman
Virtuoso
Bsh

DEBATES: 

Firing Squad is the best form of the Death Penalty

FORUMS: 

Gonna do a little self promotion here and nominate my 'Running Primary Poll Thread' (  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/2321/running-primary-poll-thread) because 1) I have a massive ego, 2) It is one of the longer threads in one of the busiest forums on the site that I do try to update regularly with content that adds to the discussion, and 3) Ive put a lot of research and effort into that thing, its not just a spam thread 

OoDart
Debates: 7
OoDart
I nominate oromagi and RationalMadman.

I'm short on time but may come back and provide reasoning later. I am new(ish) to DART and don't have forum threads or debates to nominate.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
You miscounted, I only have one nomination. The second one was only an honorable mention by AvoidDeath, but it wasn't an actual nomination
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
I second Disc and RM, those votes are clearly invalid and should be removed
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@bsh1
There has to be a violation here with people doing this. i am not one to complain, but it seems to be a uprising and a troll at this point in time
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I mean I care, but at the same time I only think it's wrong of space and them for not giving people with lower votes the chances to succeed and feel welcomed 
LordLuke
Debates: 1
LordLuke
-->
@bsh1
You have to actively participate on this site to vote?

I come here and read now and then but obviously haven't done much.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@LordLuke
Anyone at all can vote (other than a banned user on an alt) but there was a group who arranged a four-man troll vote thing that we want disqualified. You are completely free to vote. 3 noms in all 3 categories.
LordLuke
Debates: 1
LordLuke
-->
@RationalMadman
Thanks
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
No, this isn't boredom. Boredom would result in you actually spending your time that you waste bullying others and laughing at them, actually doing something more stimulating and entertaining. 

The reason you do this, is because you, TheHammer, Tyrone and Thett3 had absolutely no clue how to handle that you'd gone from being so popular and relevant to DDO to snickering cynics in the corner on this website. So, you chatted together on Hangouts or wherever and were like 'oh yeah, I know how we can avoid feeling shit about that, let's vote someone who is really hated by many... No, not RM he's already winning and we hate him too... Hmm, oh yeah hahaha if we all vote Wylted he outdoes the 5-pointers so the 4-6 moving to next Round will have to include him over them... Oh and let's vote each other, maybe we can even get Bench or Vaarka to join in our trolling and also get Warren to nominate 2 of us to really upset those losers who feel good about being nominated, HAHAHA we're so fucking epic and clever! Oh god man, those guys won't see it coming... The sorry suckers!"

Actually the wylted vote is unironic. You can disagree that wylted should be in but it’s not a conspiracy to bully people out of the HOF, it’s just my opinion. Tyrone and spacetime I voted for because I had heard that there was some concern about the IP and I wanted to see what would happen. I know for a fact that this site gets false positives on multi accounting detection because I was falsely accused of being another user when I absolutely was not him 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
We are not accusing you of multi-accounting. We are accusing you of arranging and planning a strategised group vote of 4 on 2.
spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
I vehemently reject any accusation of vote coordination. We would never in a million years ever think of doing anything like that. I'm literally not even friends with Thett3, TheHammer, or Wylted. This has all been one big fat coincidence, and there's no compelling reason to believe otherwise. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Bsh1's IQ and integrity will be put on display here, depending what he does.
spacetime
spacetime
-->
@thett3
I know for a fact that this site gets false positives on multi accounting detection because I was falsely accused of being another user when I absolutely was not him 

Same. They thought I was armoredcat simply because we both used the same type of device to access the website. Their methods are clearly unreliable.

spacetime
spacetime
Bsh1's IQ and integrity will be put on display here

He doesn't have much of either.
Vader
Vader
-->
@thett3
I do agree, the accusation of multi have gotten out of hand and because of Type1 and Nd24007. Bsh is a bit paranoid about multi'ing, and a permaban happened bc of a multi vote on. It is ridiculous...
Vader
Vader
it is not an insult about the paranoia, but it is an observation
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
Users:
Wylted
Coal
Tyrone

These people all seem pretty chill.

Thread:
Minimum Wage
Blackface
This Thread

Debates:
Firing Squad

Vader
Vader
I stand with RM on this one...no way is this not coordinated

Vader
Vader
I honestly do not care, but if it the HoF symbolizes true talent, then Tyrone and coal should not be on this list
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@spacetime
Same. They thought I was armoredcat simply because we both used the same type of device to access the website. Their methods are clearly unreliable.
I don’t believe it was I who contacted you about that. I made a ruling early on, after some false positives, that a device type match alone was insufficient grounds to launch an investigation. Since then, the account checking tools we use to determine militia have been substantially improved, and are more accurate than before. We also give all users accused of multi accounting the opportunity to defend themselves against those accusations.

In your case, however, you admit you share an IP with Tyrone so it’s not a false positive. You match by device type, which you admit is possible. And you have a confirmed history of multi-accounting. In your case, we’re not dealing with false positives, we’re dealing with well-established facts. 

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
I do agree, the accusation of multi have gotten out of hand and because of Type1 and Nd24007. Bsh is a bit paranoid about multi'ing, and a permaban happened bc of a multi vote on. It is ridiculous...
I rarely check people for multis. Virt is usually the one to bring them to my attention, for which I am grateful. Nd2 would not have been caught, for example, without his vigilance. 

But it let me state emphatically: no one is investigate on the basis of device type matches anymore (and they haven’t been for a long time); no one is banned on the strength of just an IP match (I always look for either a history of multi-accounting or other suspicious activity); and everyone is given a chance to offer a defense to any charge of multi-accounting.
bsh1
bsh1
I will make a ruling on whether to count the suspect votes in an hour or two.
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Vader
I stand with RM on this one...no way is this not coordinated
Why would I need to coordinate? I know Wylted and coal, they are great, talented users. Tyrone was the most memorable user of this year. I read the thread before voting, and most of my friends voted for similar people, so I thought it seemed pretty justified for me to do the same. I did that for debates and threads as well, because hey, maybe I forgot something that someone else remembered.

If you want the nominees to be just be picked by moderation then fine, do that, but if you want a vote then just let people vote.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Not a suggestion, but my mind goes to what the outcome would be if voting for contributions instead of user names.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Thread nominations:

OSBM Mafia-  really enjoyed Discipulus_Didicit's fresh take on the game- more strategy than luck

DART Times-  Supadudz's take on a DART periodical, although this one edition has more about me than I'd like to see in future.   Would like to see more editons w/ editiorials, obituaries, classified ads, comics, etc.
AMA (YYW)-   Coal touches on many interesting topics