Buddas Beginner Series 1.2 ENDGAME

Author: Buddamoose

Total: 69
XLAV
Debates: 0
XLAV
You linked to him disagreeing Parrot was town. Where was the extreme repetition? Again, null
And RM's cop. 
But I do agree, there really wasn't much repetition, that's a mistake on my part, but the scum tell of repetitive destroying town reads still stands. 

Ok, so the question becomes, why didnt you focus on Virt and Smith then? Obviously they were doing exactly what you would think scum would do, and yet... you go after Harder.
Because I was sure at that time that Virt and Harder were scum together. And tbh, I was pretty tunnel visioned with the Virt-harder scum team. Smith was also buddying the f out of me, so subconsciously I town read him. 

Obviously even you dont actually think scum naturally will focus on set up. And i can point to multiple instances in this game of townies analyzing set-up. Set-up analysis isnt in itself a scum tell, its null. Its becomes a scum tell when that player starts acting as if that analysis is fact and/or that analysis doesnt quite jive with what they are trying to posit. For example, smithers saying a 7 player game would be best balanced by using 1 tp/ 1 mafia. When again, that doesnt make sense considering TP win cons had to be fundamentally altered to balance.
I don't see the problem with what I said. I do understand that townies too can analyze set-ups, but I think you misunderstood me when I said "Scum will focus on set-up". To clarify, I meant to say is 'When scum focus too much on set-up is a scum tell.', which Smith actually did. Just like overdoing questioning town reads and TP hunting, when someone focuses too much on the set-up it makes them look like they're analyzing the game. I remember Mikal doing this shit where he just analyzed the characters and roles during whole game, lol.

I do agree though, that acting as if your analysis is fact is indeed a scum slip. 
XLAV
XLAV
Also, analyzing set-ups won't get shit done, it won't lynch scum. That's why analyzing set-ups is a favorite past time for scum. It makes them look useful. 

Yes, townies can do it too. When people go overboard with analyzing the set-up is when it becomes a scum tell. 

*edited grammar
XLAV
XLAV
I'll reply the rest later. It's 4am at my place. zZzzz
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
Me analysing set up would imo be a fair scum tell if I actually knew what it was. I didn't, but budda did so the fact that i was on the money looks like too much info to a mod who already knows. 
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
When people go overboard with analyzing the set-up is when it becomes a scum tell. 

I agree, but that would be less a scum-tell because of the action of analyzing set-up, more a scum tell because of a lack of scumhunting fmpov🤔
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Me analysing set up would imo be a fair scum tell if I actually knew what it was

You came across as extremely certain it was 1TP, 1 mafia, the reasoning of which was it would make most sense balance wise. When in 7 player games TP's are just hella imbalanced and hard to incorporate, and the easiest route to a balanced 7 player game is 2 mafia 5 town 🤔 

Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
-->
@Buddamoose
You came across as extremely certain it was 1TP, 1 mafia, the reasoning of which was it would make most sense balance wise. When in 7 player games TP's are just hella imbalanced and hard to incorporate, and the easiest route to a balanced 7 player game is 2 mafia 5 town 🤔
Couple of things there, 
  • In relation to the game I can't be certain of a TP unless I'm a TP myself, so either way I have no idea.
  • The smallest number of town you need to have 2 mafias is 7. Any fewer than that and you should only be running 1 mafia.
  • 1 TP + 1 mafia is less scum sided than 2 mafia.
  • You're assuming my PoV operates from your ideas of balance when it doesn't. I assumed coming into the game for instance that I was the only scum for example.
  • If you scum read my thoughts on balance, you would be correct for the wrong reasons. I was uninformed on the set-up and led to believe that it was 1 mafia vs 6 town, which is arguably less info than a town who can't make this faulty assumption in the first place.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Smithereens
I see ur point 🤔

371 days later

Club
Debates: 26
Club
hello