What is a god?

Author: keithprosser

Total: 52
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
If something "was" true, it by definition is not eternally true.

Certainly God is The Ultimate Reality, and that is what the word means. Simply knowing this there are many things that can be known about God from what is implied by this name.... but lets look at the definition you don't see as true...

"the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe"

Being - the quality or state of having existence 

Perfect - being entirely without fault or defect

Power - ability to act or produce an effect 

Wisdom - accumulated philosophic or scientific learning or ability to discern inner qualities and relationships

Good - well-founded, cogent or true

The Ultimate Reality is certainly all of these things, and it is undeniable that The Ultimate Reality is worshipped as the creator and ruler of the universe.

Stronn
Debates: 0
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
If something "was" true, it by definition is not eternally true.
So there are truths that are not part of the Ultimate Truth.

Certainly God is The Ultimate Reality, and that is what the word means.
Only according to you. Most dictionaries, and more importantly most people, use a different meaning for the word.

Simply knowing this there are many things that can be known about God from what is implied by this name.... but lets look at the definition you don't see as true...
Um, no. Even if you accept that God means The Ultimate Reality, that tells you nothing about the nature of the Ultimate Reality (whatever that is). It is just swapping labels.

"the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe"

Being - the quality or state of having existence 
You are applying the wrong definition of Being. The one most people use for God is "A real or imaginary living creature or entity, especially an intelligent one."

Perfect - being entirely without fault or defect
According to what standard? How is perfection measured?

Power - ability to act or produce an effect 
When people talk about power in relation to God, it implies conscious decision-making. The fact that something is true in no way implies any sort of consciousness or decision process.

Wisdom - accumulated philosophic or scientific learning or ability to discern inner qualities and relationships
Again, this implies intelligence and knowledge. Truth, in and of itself, does not possess wisdom.

Good - well-founded, cogent or true
More equivocation. When applied to God, most people define good as "possessing or displaying moral virtue" or "showing kindness". 

The Ultimate Reality is certainly all of these things, and it is undeniable that The Ultimate Reality is worshipped as the creator and ruler of the universe.
Your entire case rests on giving the word "God" a definition that virtually no one else uses, when it is not your definition that people deny. That is textbook equivocation.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
The Truth is God.

It's very simple. 

You really don't understand theology, so you shouldn't judge it based on the superstitions of ignorant people. You have a superstitious ynderstanding of God.

What is the cure to your superstition?

Accepting the real meaning of the concept, and stop leaning on your own understanding.

The Truth is God. The Ultimate Reality.

The Truth has no parts. It is indivisible, complete, and whole. There are no parts of The Truth. The Truth is not shifting. It is eternal. A truth is not the same thing as Eternal Truth. A truth is relative. Eternal Truth is not contingent on anything else. It is incomparible. All truths are contingent on Eternal Truth. 

This is why God is called The Necessary Existence, because God means The Ultimate Reality. These are not meaningless words or exaggerations. God Is That God Is.

It's really simple matter of accepting The Truth. Can you think of anything greater than The Ultimate Reality? With more authority? Of course you can't. This clearly is the power over your life.

And you of course know this to be true, and yet you deny that this is your God? Come on now, quit trying to turn God into something else.

Lest you be another who fulfills the scripture,

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."

There is no argument against God. If you argue against God, you already lost. Repent. Don't be counted among the losers.

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Mopac
The Truth is God.
This sounds like Biblical nonsense.

Absolute truths do not exist in the Bible, at least not that I'm aware of but I know not much about what is written in Bible, in those regards.

God = Universe ergo Uni-V-erse { (><)(><) } and is associated with both absolute and relative truths.

"G"od ergo "U"niverse includes the macro-infinite non-occupied space { SPACE (><)(><) SPACE outside of our finite, occupied space God/Universe.

"G"od/"U"niverse also includes metaphysical-1 { spirit-of-intent } via nervous system { * * } access to mind/intellect/concepts erfgo i-ness aka I-verse

SPACE (>*<)  i  (>*<) SPACE

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@mustardness
You say that God is the universe. 

I would say that God is The Ultimate Reality.

The universe is contingent on The Ultimate Reality.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Mopac
That is not very charitable of you.
If you want charity go find yourself a 501c3.

"ultimate reality"? You have no idea what that even means. For you God = Ultimate reality.

Mind game is all that is.  Ive laid out very clearly in outline/list form what "G"od'/"U"niverse  and God/Universe is.

You not so much if not all. Hot air mind games is all you have to offer in these regards.

Ultimeately Reality without clarity is meangliss dribble.  Not surprising coming from a bible thumper.

No offense itended. You just have no rational, logical common sense to offer in these regards.

When you do, please share.

Fallaneze
Fallaneze
Something that possesses supernatural powers but to a maximally great degree. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@mustardness
You have a great deal of faith in your own understanding.

Maybe you'd be better off to place your faith in The Truth.

Which is all I'm saying, and this is purely rational common sense.

You say I'm playing mind games. I think that is unfortunate. A little more charity would likely give you more clarity.

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Mopac

Maybe you'd be better off to place your faith in The Truth.
When you have a rational, logical common sense truth to offer we can then move on to clarity involving faith.

I have faith/trust that , the oncoming auto is not going to cross the center line at last moment.

I also know that that can occur for many differrent reasons ergo faith/trust along rational, logical common sense is how I live my life.

Ive been very clear with my cosmic outline/list for some 8 or more years now.

You have a long ways to go in more clearly defining and explaining your definitions with clarity.

To just say that God = Truth = Ultimate Reality is meangingless dribble to me, and I explained clearly why, in another thread.

You need to put your biblical notions to the side and address any rational, logical common sense side of your thought processing. PLease.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@mustardness

Your explanations are not clear to me, I don't understand what you are saying.

You don't understand what I'm saying, so you make these godly declarations of fact that what I'm saying is dribble.

Notice the difference?

12 days later

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@keithprosser
A god or gods does not need any special attributes. History shows that people worshiped anything and everyone. sometimes it was bird or the sun or the moon or the earth or our parents or the king or a stone or a tree or the lightening or thunder or even ourselves. 

In most cases, humans like their gods to be useful for them - so like to have them on a string. If a god wants to do something different from us - then we reject that thing as a god. if it does not listen to then we reject it. but we like others to think our god is big and strong and can do whatever he wants - mostly we want others to think that our god will do whatever we want - 

in modern times, this historical idea of god gets rejected for all sorts of reasons - today we worship our minds our reason our abilities to be famous or skillful - we worship these things because they are an authority. Celebrity, sports heroes, authors, scientists, even politicians, pop stars, and movie stars. 

I think most people worship themselves - as their own biggest authority. 

the secular world has changed the definition of religion and of god. they want to make it a thing of the past and superstitious nonsense - primarily because they want to determine for themselves how they want to live - hence they want religion to be about the supernatural and therefore god must be of the same ilk. but this is a modern idea and definition with a very small timeline. 

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@keithprosser
You've got to be firstly an outstanding dude, an exceptional person. Then, you need a good argument to be considered a god. And the final stage would be that people buy it. Sometimes the second stage is unnecesary because it could be done by your zealots. For instance, Jesus didn't need it because his zealots, called disciples, did it by themselves.

12 days later

eash
eash
-->
@keithprosser
What are the attributes something has to have to count as 'a god'?
// define 'a god'. and the attributes follow.

For example, does a god have to be immortal or unkillable?  
// that depends on the 'defined god'. in general, ones body must die because the soul within is to be released to live in a unkillable state of being. for example (bible); able died yet THEE CREATOR of everything heard his voice calling to HIM.
or in the eastern religions, their defined gods can be witneesed by meditating every day for more the 10 years to talk with them from time to time. and after 25 ys every day they can talk with their kind that died.

Many myths invovlve entitities that have powers that fall well short of omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence, but still get called 'gods' or 'goddess'.
// myths are stories of certain aspects of a god-thing. those stories are to be related to as an experience of male like and female like god-things.

Does a god have to be conscious or sentient?  Must he/she/it be able to plan ahead and delibately act to bring about their desired goal?
// here you have a defined god in your questioning. to mean a being that is to become a god to have a desired goal. where as YHVH in the bible IS CREATOR of everything then HAS a desired result for HIS CREATED beings. and thus they cant become YHVH CREATOR LORD and GOD. 

As an atheist, obvuously I don't believe in capital-G God, but really I don't believe there is any thing 'god-like'.  Mopac says God is 'ultimate reality', I'not quite sure what the differene between 'reality' and 'ultimate reality' is, but I do belive in reality!   But does an atheist have to dispbelieve in reality because Mopac calls reality a god.
// when one learns to meditate a certain way. a male in his soul can experance another dimension of space. once there they can create what they see upon this earth. therefore the eastern religions for this knowledge use the word 'a god' in 'their understanding of life after death.
this knowledge is not found in the west bcause those heros have yet to learn XYZ

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@eash
The realest truest existiest reality there is.

The Ultimate Reality.

If you believe this exists, you aren't really an atheist because you acknowledge my God.

Pretty simple.

If you believe tgere is reality to reality at all, you believe in my God, because there is no reality without my God.

eash
eash
-->
@Mopac
i have stated somewhere on this form.

our CREATOR MADE me see HIM    BRILLIANTPURITY

i know HE IS A BEING

i also stated males today are witnessing HIM
this is why you see on your tv ads (99 in this month) with the letter X in them for 99 different products. this has been going on since 1995. i also asked if anyone has see the word latino now being changed to latinx.
big brother is before your eyes. i am telling you they are on my side because they did what i did to say YHVH REDEEMED me from the abyss.

when i say this i am saying their is a path for males to witness they have a soul, visit the abyss (a different space/time), where Able's soul went after his body left the earth. and your soul in the abyss can talk with beings that once lived on this earth. but as a warning to everyone; unless you are a very righteous male do not fight with them. the will keep your soul from returning to earth. yet therighteous males who do call out for satan may just witness him too. but the beings the very righteous male, when he is being kept from returning YHVH WILL MAKE them see him and REDEEM them.

this makes me different than every Prophet before me. i bring a new learning of our soul can be self witnessed. i declare YHVH HAS GIVEN me a revealing of HIS HIDDEN FORMATS in the bible.

are you a very righteous male living beleiving our CREATOR of everything is a BEING? john 1:15 says FROM HIS LIGHT (HIS BEING IS LIGHT) Jesus WAS SENT to be our Light/Witness HIS EXISTS AS A BEING.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@eash
visit the abyss

Is there a reliable repeatable method of accomplishing this? Perhaps one which can be subjected to rigorous scientific testing? 
eash
eash
-->
@secularmerlin
yes this path is repeatable. and yes sceince can connect the body with senors to see changes of the body. 

i state in my video on this. the practice is safe enough for any 13 year old male to try at least 3 times. i also tell these males how to , will , what they want to do to create and animal, boat, house what ever. (thus the words become like the gods).

my name is michael eashoo, and my 1st video on utube is the video i am talking about. my web site is jesusprophesy.com revealing Jesus' Prophesy. download the pdf and go straight to Jesus Teachings and read to the end.
my reason to post on this site is to show i know more then anyone about the bible. then for them by reading my true truths lets them examine in good faith the declarings i am stating.

if you walk into a drugstore and go straight to the aspirin isle. then read each of their labels and look of the letter x in that label. you will find big brother doing his thing. after seeing the X. look around at the other products and see how big big brother really is. like i texted, males are coming back to earth saying. our CREATOR MADE me see HIM
  this happens to only the very righteous. others will die.

the fact is, YV DECIDES if you are to be REDEEMED. 

i have just posted these 2 pdfs. now i need to backwards edited over 24 books i used from the bible to reveal these formats that have 3&4 rules that must be followed to make these final 3 pdfs on my site.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@eash
What is the objective difference between this experience and an hallucination or lucid dream?
eash
eash
-->
@secularmerlin
neigher. you are aware of your being is inside your soul. and you will remember 95% of everything that happens. what i have done with others is to meet with them there as proof it is not a dream state. because when you are back on earth you have the same story of what happened.

they had about 20 people meet with me. after that they found where i living and moved into houses near me to watch and listen by bugging my house. it was when i found big brothers message board the i openly  Challenge everyone there to play the buddhist king of the hill. after winning by them being told the hows and whens of the highest practices hidden around this earth. i told them they only needed to find very righteous males and do what i say in the video. 3 weeks late they got their message to me stating LAZAR WHITE LIGHT transfered 2 objects by teleportation. since that time in 1995 they are like witnesses YHVH EXISTS. SHINING LIGHT in the darkness. just as Visions by men long ago in the bible.

in the i ching it is written yang (HE) is BRIGHT FLASH WHOM opens the eyes of one meditating at that time of daylight. americans that have witnessed LIGHT say "the act of see LIGHT is the navel to our visible universe." this was one of the questions playing king of the hill that i had THEE answered.

from the least of man on earth, to the greatest. all are equal when we say i believe; THERE IS A CREATOR of everything. from that truthful moment HE TEACHES each of us about HIM the way HE WANTS us to know HIM.
this is Jesus' Teaching every worker receiced the same wage.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@eash
In that case when are you collecting your million dollars from the amazing randy?
eash
eash
-->
@secularmerlin
i sent him a register letter with all things needed. that idiot didnt take the challenge. so much for his boasting. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@eash
Perhaps its because there is no way to test the experience scientifically (because there is no objective difference between what you describe and a halucination).