My conversation with drfranklin

Author: secularmerlin

Total: 43
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
If it is a revealed truth and if you are not the one who reveals it then why am I talking to you at all?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Take your time please.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
God is revealed through the things that are made. I can't say whether or not God may be revealed through me. Certainly it is possible.

But we believe as Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure in heart, they will see God". 
If you do not follow The Way, it would take something pretty miraculous for a theophany to occur. It does happen though, and not all that infrequently. The frequency of its happening in no way diminishes the miraculousness of theophany.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
Yep. So the biblical mythology might be more reasonable than the previous Greek mythology

yeah, why do you think the Greek Gods fell and are no longer worshipped

But the bible had the advantage of improved human knowledge.

Sure, which means there was a God talking to him
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@secularmerlin
Assuming for the benefit of the discussion that it was 'right' may I suggest that how is indeed the issue and that if your claim is that the answer is that some god(s) were inv6then that is exactly the claim you need to demonstrate. 
Well, God inspired the authors of the Bible, therefore Isaiah, in this case, had knowledge only God knew. While writing the Bible, God spoke to Isiah and told him the exact words about the universe.

I do not see your logic only an argument ad populum.

Ok so let's say that multiple gods exist and they all tey to communicate with Humans, the best God who is Omnipotent and Infinite iq would find the best way and snatch up the most humans to their religion, but all Gods are omnipotent and infinitely smart, so all humans would know about them, BUT the Abrahamic God is the only one where a Very large majority of humans know about, it is the only God that exists since it was the smartest and the most I guess "God-Like".

If by coincidence you mean by unguided causality with no real purpose nor a will to determine any purpose other than the will of living organisms then it would certainly seem to be. 
The Purpose was to pave the way for humans with Adam and Eve, Sea Creatures before land Creatures, water before land,etc Genesis 1 is fact and the days are millions of years

I agree that arguing against evolution is untenable given the dearth of evidence. As to the rest how have you determined the yahweh"s plan if not from the very book you are trying to prove? And if your source is also the subject you are trying to demonstrate then your argument by necessity will become circular.
The plan is in the holy scriptures and books, Jews get this, Christians get this, Muslims get this, etc. Science doesn't leave room for interpretation but Scripture certainly does. So many people interpret the Bible differently because Everyone is different

Why on earth would I believe there is one then?
Because Me, personally can not give an outside perspective, isn't this about the confirmation bias stuff

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Dr.Franklin
yeah, why do you think the Greek Gods fell and are no longer worshipped
Is the implication all gods that are no longer worshiped are that way because they are false (and not due to cultural changes like Rome overtaking Greece then Constantinople overtaking Rome?)? In this case, how many worshipers would need to stat worhsiping Zeus in order for you to suspect he is real?

Doesn't that imply then that any CURRENT god being actively worshiped is at least probably real and exists?

I give you the god of Scientology, Xenu. Please prove he is not real. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ludofl3x
is the implication all gods that are no longer worshiped are that way because they are false (and not due to cultural changes like Rome overtaking Greece then Constantinople overtaking Rome?)? In this case, how many worshipers would need to stat worhsiping Zeus in order for you to suspect he is real?

Doesn't that imply then that any CURRENT god being actively worshiped is at least probably real and exists?

I give you the god of Scientology, Xenu. Please prove he is not real. 

Ok so let's say that multiple gods exist and they all tey to communicate with Humans, the best God who is Omnipotent and Infinite iq would find the best way and snatch up the most humans to their religion, but all Gods are omnipotent and infinitely smart, so all humans would know about them, BUT the Abrahamic God is the only one where a Very large majority of humans know about, it is the only God that exists since it was the smartest and the most I guess "God-Like".

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ludofl3x
Scientology doesnt include "gods"
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Well, God inspired the authors of the Bible, therefore Isaiah, in this case, had knowledge only God knew. While writing the Bible, God spoke to Isiah and told him the exact words about the universe.
I understand your claim. You don't have to keep repeating it. At this point in the discussion you should be sharing any sufficient independently verifiable evidence you have in support of your claim not simply restating it.
Ok so let's say that multiple gods exist 
Ok let's say you have not demonstrate any of them. Why should I believe they exist at all? As for your argument about what constitutes the 'best' god that presumes that any god(s) would care about humans or their worship at all. That god(s) would care about human affairs is yet another undemonstrated claim. You are really racking them up. Good for you. 
The Purpose was to pave the way for humans with Adam and Eve, Sea Creatures before land Creatures, water before land,etc Genesis 1 is fact and the days are millions of years
This is a claim. I'm beginning to wonder if you even know the difference between claims and the evidence that supports them.
The plan is in the holy scriptures and books, Jews get this, Christians get this, Muslims get this, etc.
why should muslims and jews care about a plan laid out in the Christian bible.
Science doesn't leave room for interpretation but Scripture certainly does. So many people interpret the Bible differently because Everyone is different
In my opinion this is part of the problem. The bible can and has been used to justify some acts that I at least consider horrifying and immoral (various inquisitions holy wars and slavery in the American south). 
Why on earth would I believe there is one then?
Because Me, personally can not give an outside perspective, isn't this about the confirmation bias stuff
You didn't look it up did you? There is evidence of santa.there are many pictures of him and many children visit him and receive toys from him. As a child I would often wake up to find presents from santa. If you don't look any further into the issue then congratulations you have proven santa exists. That is confirmation bias.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@secularmerlin
Immaterial to the discussion
You will be taking advantage of Franklin who confessed he suffers from crippling depressions and is transitioning from dumped lover to faggot. 
That's why the confession and request to be considerate.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@secularmerlin
I get where your coming from and I think this conversation has run it's core, We have gotten off topic, agree to disagree
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
Pokey Pokey
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Correct me if I'm wrong but the original topic was whether some actual god(s) (as opposed to fictional ones) were necessarily connected with any religion. I maintain that we can only confirm this if we are guilty of confirmation bias and can only deny it if we commit a black swan fallacy but since the default is skepticism it is perfectly reasonable to say that there is no evidence to support the hypothesis.