CoC is meant to apply to Discord but when someone talks shit about me on there nothing is done.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 62
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
It is. Multiply them by the children they will vs won't have, then also consider that spiders tend to build webs more rapidly and actively when they detect other spiders doing so in the vicinity (they are more gang-like than people think).
True, they do multiply like demon spawn. Ever come across one of the females carrying all those babies on her butt? Freaks me out.

Certainly in the big picture they play a vital and very beneficial role in the ecosystem. Without them we would be overwhelmed by insects. But that doesn't mean I have to like them, and when it comes to the benefit a few spiders and their spawn could give me personally... eh. I still don't think it's enough to overcome my psychological barriers with them. Psychological barriers developed in childhood are pretty hard to overcome in general.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
The 'sympathy' post highlighted the hypocrisy and irony of the way you justify killing the spiders.

Pesticides kill the type of insects who will leave you alone and stick to the plants outside. Spiders prey on the hyper fuckers who will fly in and annoy the crap out of you.