A confession and an apology

Author: TheHammer

Total: 46
Annie_ESocialBookworm
Debates: 0
Annie_ESocialBookworm
-->
@bsh1
I am therefore concluding, unless and until new evidence emerges, that the allegations made by Hammer in this thread are without merit. This was, as far as I can ascertain, an unacceptable attempt to troll.
So he wasn't banned for not campaigning, he was banned for trolling? I don't think it was malicious and the election results aren't affected. I don't think the ToS says that we can't joke or troll. 
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@thett3
Wait so did he or didn’t he violate the rules? Because you’re saying he didn’t, but he also got banned 
Unless new evidence comes forward exonerating him, then I am considering him to have broken the rules. He asserts that this campaign took place in a group chat. Since he refuses to give me the usernames of those in the chat, I am urging others to come forward independently.

Hammer was banned when he was to prevent him from perpetuating any of these allegations, which I believe, based on the evidence, are without merit. Also, given his flat out and explicit refusal to cooperate, continued dialogue seemed fruitless; any new evidence can be presented to me by others involved in the scheme. Making knowingly baseless allegations against another user like that is certainly not acceptable.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
He was banned for (a) lying to moderation and refusing to cooperate in moderation's investigation, (b) excessive trolling, and (c) making knowingly false allegations designed to hurt another user on this site. That is very clearly a serious kind of personal attack.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@bsh1
Isn’t Hammer 7th?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
I think so...

Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
bsh basically banned seventh lol.

oh how the power has shifted 
Annie_ESocialBookworm
Annie_ESocialBookworm
-->
@Vader
I thought Hammer was Romanii?
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
rofl
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
Thats spacetime/Tyrone here.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
Vader
Vader
Hammer is 7th
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
He was banned for (a) lying to moderation and refusing to cooperate in moderation's investigation, (b) excessive trolling, and (c) making knowingly false allegations designed to hurt another user on this site. That is very clearly a serious kind of personal attack.
I should really write this down somewhere.

How did you get knowingly making false allegations from "I don't think it would be fair to take them down with me."?

My way of seeing things is that given there is more than one possibility you can't really say you know it was false excluding we can never really know someone's qualitative experience. I guess it could be inductively reasoned but how did you inductively get to that position? You can answer either question or none. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I make my rulings based on what I find probable, and all available evidence indicates that Hammer willfully lied to me. That's really the bottom line. I use a probability standard, not a "no reasonable doubt" standard, so the fact that other explanations exist is not a sufficient reason to exonerate Hammer.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
cool
coal
Debates: 6
coal
This ban was unjust, and will be addressed appropriately.