Office Mafia Day 1

Author: warren42

Total: 853
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Lunatic
More specifically, to prevent what happened in the SVTFOE Game from happening again.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@PressF4Respect
Link?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@PressF4Respect
Are you talking about DP3? That was late to mid game, not DP1. 
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Lunatic
have a whole day to decide a lynch.
That's what we said yesterday under the prospect of "getting for information" but we're not getting any info. I'll wait another day but I don't see the point of this.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
not getting for information getting more information sry
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Lunatic

Basically one player was inactive in that game in DP1. I wanted to lynch that person because it would give town more info about who is scum (if person flips town, then we can go through the people who voted them. If person flips scum, then we can go back and see who defended them). We didn’t do that, the DP ended in a no lynch (huge waste of a DP that basically contributed directly to town’s loss. 

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
I know policy DP1 lynch culture is another stereotype that has accrued. It, like the LAL policy, I think got a bit warped. Lynching is preferred to no lynching, sure, but I would argue no lynching is preferred to mis-lynching. And let's face it, the case on SirAnonymous is pretty darn weak. I think the biggest argument is that his claim seems "kinda weak". I thought so too at first but as I've thought about it, I don't really see mafia letting him use a claim like that. They also would have advised him to wait until claiming and not caving in to 1 vote. Unless the other mafia was equally as nooby, but considering some of the noobier players are gunning for the lynch, I just don't think SA is mafia. 

I don't have an alternative for you however. I have some scummy gut feelings but I don't have evidence to support them.

As far as getting info, I don't really see how lynching SA is going to give us much of that. We will learn what? That the mod included a character in that only appeared in a few episodes? How does that information help us? We will get information from a flip from the mafia night kill. This lynch feels lazy and I'd rather VTNL than lynch SA if we are feeling pressured to end the DP
+1
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
 I think if Sir was town he would have been lynched a lot faster.
Why is that?

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
What do you consider "lurking"?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@SirAnonymous
Because scum buddies are usually hesitant to lynch their own, ergo it's harder to get support for their lynching.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
That makes sense.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@PressF4Respect
Basically one player was inactive in that game in DP1. I wanted to lynch that person because it would give town more info about who is scum (if person flips town, then we can go through the people who voted them. If person flips scum, then we can go back and see who defended them). We didn’t do that, the DP ended in a no lynch (huge waste of a DP that basically contributed directly to town’s loss
The player we are lynching here has been very active on the other hand. Also the plan to lynch someone just to analyze who was on the lynch and not on it doesn't seem like the best strategy lol.

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
Because scum buddies are usually hesitant to lynch their own, ergo it's harder to get support for their lynching.
Depends on who the players on the mafia team are. For example I could see you, GP, or airmax being fully willing to lynch a team mate to get town cred.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
And that comment isn't pointed at all...
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
????
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
I was sarcastically saying that your comment seemed to imply that you suspect those three.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
No, I am just saying I think those three are players whose styles are more "fend for your self survival". If their scum buddy messes up, they seem like they would be likely to push the lynch to separate themselves from them. 
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
Well I guess if he flips scum you have your scum pool narrowed down, lol
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
Well I guess if he flips scum you have your scum pool narrowed down, lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
VTL A-R-O-S-E

I went through the whole DP, and I just get the feeling that he isn't as hungry and proactive as he was in the previous two games as town. In fact he only has a handful of posts. In dark crystal the dude faked claimed as town just to get a lynch on someone he suspected was mafia. I don't see that type of passion here. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
That's kind of the opposite of what I am saying lol

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
Ok, that makes sense.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
@Vader
@ILikePie5
@PressF4Respect
@SirAnonymous
What are your thoughts on an A-R-O-S-E lynch, and if not what are your objections or observations of town play from him, outside his character claim?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
@Wylted
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
@airmax1227
Same question to you
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
above
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I know policy DP1 lynch culture is another stereotype that has accrued. It, like the LAL policy, I think got a bit warped. Lynching is preferred to no lynching, sure, but I would argue no lynching is preferred to mis-lynching. And let's face it, the case on SirAnonymous is pretty darn weak. I think the biggest argument is that his claim seems "kinda weak". I thought so too at first but as I've thought about it, I don't really see mafia letting him use a claim like that. They also would have advised him to wait until claiming and not caving in to 1 vote. Unless the other mafia was equally as nooby, but considering some of the noobier players are gunning for the lynch, I just don't think SA is mafia. 
Depends on who’s mafia and if they were on or not during the pressure.

I don't have an alternative for you however. I have some scummy gut feelings but I don't have evidence to support them.

As far as getting info, I don't really see how lynching SA is going to give us much of that. We will learn what? That the mod included a character in that only appeared in a few episodes? How does that information help us? We will get information from a flip from the mafia night kill. This lynch feels lazy and I'd rather VTNL than lynch SA if we are feeling pressured to end the DP

The SA + probably NK will give us info with regards to character justification which is a problem that came up in the DP. A third kill is possible if Wylted is actually a vig and shoots someone. Essentially it sets a trend and allows us to delve into theme analysis along with behavioral analysis. It’s harder for mafia to fake claim characters that fit the theme and allows for more miscues. After we find one, we reread the DPs and go from there.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
SA lynch is preferred, but if people come to a consensus and go through I will willing, but this AROSE town play fmpov
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
Why is SA preferred? It seems you only re-applied your vote because you wanted the DP to end because of distractions elsewhere on the site. And why is A-R-O-S-E's play town to you? What specifically has he done or said that's townie?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
Obviously a reverse in normal game behavior is a good indication of scum. Ill hammer if there's enough votes.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
What are your thoughts on an A-R-O-S-E lynch, and if not what are your objections or observations of town play from him, outside his character claim?

He’s Null to lean scum for me due to inactivity especially this far into the DP, but I see your point. I don’t think I’ve seen him be scum yet. I think he is fairly active as town tho when he was the Hider and last DP with the gambit. Oro is also one of these people as I mentioned earlier I think. As scum he’s a heavy lurker but last game he was cop and was lurking too. I’d be willing to pressure him an possibly lynch him if we can get the numbers. I’m only on SA by proxy...