Office Mafia Day 1

Author: warren42

Total: 853
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I'll at some point read SAs other game to see if his interactions feel forced there as well
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@airmax1227
By pro and anti, I mean from the POV of Michael, he absolutely despises AJ and Toby.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Wylted
No one wants that.
drafterman
drafterman
My back-up theme analysis is Scranton vs. Not Scranton.

Which still places AJ and Toby in the scum pile.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
True
Vader
Vader
Theme could be male v women. It is tough to say at this point
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Vader
I'm a woman, so it isn't that.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
Can you let me know a list for the Mike thing and Scranton thing so I can see where my character falls?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
I think it's tantamount to the same thing, really. Basically Mike thought of the Scranton branch as his "family." They were constantly at odds with other branches (due to threatened downsizing).

He hated Toby Flenderson because Toby was from corporate (and therefore not really part of the Scranton branch) and worked for HR and Mike perceived him as always trying to ruin his fun.

He hated AJ because AJ was dating Holly, Mike's love interest.

The only other real candidate would be Charles Miner.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Speedrace
Can you let me know a list for the Mike thing and Scranton thing so I can see where my character falls?
+1

Vader
Vader
I think it is time to push SA now. Town starting to get disengaged due to Drama on site 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Yeah might as well vTL SA
Vader
Vader
If SA flips scum, anyone not on hammer should seriously be a FOS
drafterman
drafterman
If he flips scum we lynch airmax. Toby sucks.
Vader
Vader
-->
@drafterman
That would include max yes
drafterman
drafterman
With the level of activity in this game, I think if Sir was town he would have been lynched a lot faster.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I think we are at the end of this DP. School has started once again for me and college apps are like due this Friday. I’ll check in as often as I can, but for now

VTL SA

We need information for tomorrow.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
UVC

SirAnonymous- 6/7 -supa, speed, water, drafter, wylted, pie
Supa- 1/7 -grey

Still not really sold on this lynch
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I think now is the time to do something though. Interest =/= shifting toward Mafia, it is right now on bsh1 and the Moderation team going on right now. usually I would wait too, but looking at the flow of things right now, this is a special case
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
I dont feel like losing a game because people are distracted thats ridiculous. If whatever's going on is too distracting for you replace out lol.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I am still active, but some people are distracted. A new mod assuming power, it is kinda big deal
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Im not either, but derailing this for someone else is a long shot and I’d prefer if we have some info going into tomorrow rather than starting at square one again 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Im not either, but derailing this for someone else is a long shot and I’d prefer if we have some info going into tomorrow rather than starting at square one again 
I know policy DP1 lynch culture is another stereotype that has accrued. It, like the LAL policy, I think got a bit warped. Lynching is preferred to no lynching, sure, but I would argue no lynching is preferred to mis-lynching. And let's face it, the case on SirAnonymous is pretty darn weak. I think the biggest argument is that his claim seems "kinda weak". I thought so too at first but as I've thought about it, I don't really see mafia letting him use a claim like that. They also would have advised him to wait until claiming and not caving in to 1 vote. Unless the other mafia was equally as nooby, but considering some of the noobier players are gunning for the lynch, I just don't think SA is mafia. 

I don't have an alternative for you however. I have some scummy gut feelings but I don't have evidence to support them.

As far as getting info, I don't really see how lynching SA is going to give us much of that. We will learn what? That the mod included a character in that only appeared in a few episodes? How does that information help us? We will get information from a flip from the mafia night kill. This lynch feels lazy and I'd rather VTNL than lynch SA if we are feeling pressured to end the DP

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
If SA flips scum, anyone not on hammer should seriously be a FOS
I heavily despise this logic, btw. If anything, from my experience modding and playing, I've seen mafia way more eager to throw their scum buddies under the bus. Drafterman went after his mate mharman pretty early in DP1 of Dark Crystal, for example.

Lunatic
Lunatic
Is it just me or does anyone feel A-R-O-S-E's play has been a bit different this phase? Compared to his enthusiasm for scum hunting in the last game, he deems a bit more distant. I haven't played with him before so I don't know what his normal behavior is but from even skimming MCU he seemed to have more spunk as town then he does here. Anyone else feeling this? 
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
Just went over the entire DP. The case on Sir looks pretty weak, but it’s the best we’ve got so far. Should I hammer?
Vader
Vader
-->
@PressF4Respect
"Corporate would tell you to those options are different, they are the same."
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@PressF4Respect
Why would you want to hammer someone if you think the case on them is weak?
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Lunatic
To prevent a DP1 No Lynch. We would have to go back to square 1 if that were the case, and that would be terrible.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@PressF4Respect
This is exactly what I was just talking about here. Policy culture has brainwashed you all into thinking mis-lynching is better than no lynching. Also we still have a whole day to decide a lynch. Either way no lynching is better than mis-lynching someone with a weak case. Remember most mods only factor in around 3 town mis-lynches for a whole game.