Office Mafia Day 1

Author: warren42

Total: 853
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Why is it scummy?
Because it pushes us to a NL which only helps Mafia.

No... I am trying to push a lynch, but a better one. And I think I had a huge debate about this before a few years, but I still think No lynching is better than mis-lynching for "information". 

You yourself has omitted that you didn't think there was a lot to lynch him on earlier in the DP.
Correct. But a lot is more than zero, and more than we have for anyone else. And personally I don't really think you need a lot, at least not this early.
I dis-agree that it's more than anyone else. If anything my town read on SA has strengthed lol. Despite me being the only one steering away from his lynch, he didn't exactly bandwagon my AROSE lynch, and still kind of suspects me. Looks like he is actually trying to find scum the right way.

We have a whole day left. Why settle on a meh lynch if there is a better one?
Because there isn't a better one.
Not if you don't want there to be. This feels lazy. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Nobody should be hung up on the fact that this is an active DP. I LIKE active DP'es. They are a good thing. Lots of stereotypes on debateart suggesting what's good and bad, and I wanna challenge those. The more activity we have, the more posts we have to analyze, the more mafia has a chance to screw up and contradict themselves and get caught in lies later on, etc. If it was all pointless flamewars between a couple of people that would be different. This DP has been productive IMO. 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
 Despite me being the only one steering away from his lynch, he didn't exactly bandwagon my AROSE lynch, and still kind of suspects me.
It isn't that I suspect you, but that I now know not to rule you out like I did in the last game.

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
I did unvote in the void that is this DP
So you have no intention of voting to lynch anyone but also simultaneously complain the game isn't going anywhere... Hmm... It's almost as if by playing  and voting you could fix that that problem...

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
I know, I find your play pro town
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
So you have no intention of voting to lynch anyone but also simultaneously complain the game isn't going anywhere... Hmm... It's almost as if by playing  and voting you could fix that that problem...
Participation advances the game? What a radical idea!

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
I almost forgot...

VTL AROSE

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
That should count as an SA lynch. Let's see what the mods ruling is
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
No... I am trying to push a lynch, but a better one. And I think I had a huge debate about this before a few years, but I still think No lynching is better than mis-lynching for "information". 
You asked why I feel it is scummy. I feel it is scummy because it pushes us to a NL, rather than a Lynch. I understand you don't feel that is scummy, but that doesn't refute why I feel it is scummy.

I dis-agree that it's more than anyone else. If anything my town read on SA has strengthed lol. Despite me being the only one steering away from his lynch, he didn't exactly bandwagon my AROSE lynch, and still kind of suspects me. Looks like he is actually trying to find scum the right way.
Dude, you asked my opinion on the lynch. You can't disagree that my opinion is what I say it is. I'm not basing my decisions on your reads.

And this redirection away from Sir feels orchestrated.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
--> @oromagi
above
AROSE has given us info, there I like AROSE better.

Why AROSE?
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
That, and the fact that Sir has been way more helpful to town than A-R-O-S-E
This convinced me

VTL A-R-O-S-E
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Wylted
That should count as an SA lynch. Let's see what the mods ruling is
I never got up to 7 votes. I had 6 votes at one point, but I never hit 7.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Vader

If Lunatic is right about this read, he is a strong town. And PressF is town, if not, I am going to null PF and lean scum Lunatic

VTL AROSE

I am willing to take a risk here. If AROSE flips town, SA is next. By DP2, there could be leads that could push us in the direction where we could narrow scum pool

u forgot to unvote

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
Supa has been better about not jumping around all over the place, but he's done a lot of stuff that didn't make sense

Like said Sir was a stronger read and then voted for Rose? He does illogical stuff all the time though so it's hard to evaluate that

Wylted is too much wylted, I've got nothing on him

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@PressF4Respect
I almost forgot...

VTL AROSE
u forgot to unvote
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@oromagi
u forgot to unvote
He unvoted in post 678.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
SupaDudz, that is. I don't know if PressF ever unvoted.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Speedrace
That, and the fact that Sir has been way more helpful to town than A-R-O-S-E
This convinced me

VTL A-R-O-S-E
u forgot to unvote
airmax1227
Debates: 0
airmax1227
catching up on the DP now... I have some thoughts on lynching SA and will reread Arose's posts to offer thoughts on that in my next post

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@oromagi
I'm beginning to see visions of a wild mafia game with one consistent theme: an endless, monotonous, silent scream..."u forgot to unvote."
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@oromagi
I did
oromagi
oromagi
u forgot to unvote
He unvoted in post 678.

nope

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Warren can claim the title of most forum posts in a mafia game
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
You asked why I feel it is scummy. I feel it is scummy because it pushes us to a NL, rather than a Lynch. I understand you don't feel that is scummy, but that doesn't refute why I feel it is scummy.

No lynching someone else instead of a weaker lynch isn't pushing a NL, it's pushing us towards potentially better results. Most of the people on the SA lynch were saying it was because of a lack of a better option, which I don't feel has to be true. If the phase results in a NL because we aren't able to get a lynch on a better target, that's kind of on the people still stuck on the first lynch. But a NL is still better than a mis-lynch. 

Dude, you asked my opinion on the lynch. You can't disagree that my opinion is what I say it is. I'm not basing my decisions on your reads.
It's a debate site, and a big part of mafia is debate and influencing others. I'm telling you my opinions to alter the course of the game in a way I feel is more important than the direction it's currently going. If you dis-agree with my opinions, tell me why, try to influence me why yours is better. 

And this redirection away from Sir feels orchestrated.
Town orchestrated, sure. If some others agree with what I am saying, that there are better lynch targets, then I don't see what's wrong with orchestrating a lynch on to a better target. Especially when you yourself have stated you felt unsure of the lynch earlier on. It's not like their has been a big behavior shift from SA between now and then. And I am not buying this "there is no better targets" argument from you. There is just no better "convenient" targets. If you think I am really steering the town away in a negative direction with ill intent, that should make me scummier than this weak lynch on SA? But I don't have the votes on me, so your gonna settle SA right? Lazy =/= Convienent. I was probably wrong that you are lazy. This is looking scummy now. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@SirAnonymous

oromagi
oromagi
TOWN
6. Oromagi
4. PressF              Dwight Shrute  COP
8. Greyparrot       Jim Halpert        VANILLA
12. A-R-O-S-E     Ryan Howard
11. Airmax1227   Toby Flenderson
7. Lunatic
9. Speedrace          CC PressF?
5. Supa
13. Wylted                                        not claiming  VIGILANTE
3. drafterman         (fem.)
2. iLikePie5
10. WaterPhoenix
1. SirAnonymous          A.J.              VANILLA                    
SCUM

COUNT(probably inaccurate)

SirAnon: 4/7 (water, drafter, wylted,pieliker)
Supa: 1/7 (grey)
A-R-O-S-E 3/7 (Lunatic, supa, speed)

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@oromagi
What do you mean by "nope"? The very first word in the post you linked to is unvote.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@oromagi
When did I vote and who did I vote for in the first place? I don't remember VTLing anyone

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@oromagi
A-R-O-S-E 3/7 (Lunatic, supa, speed)
PressF also vtl'ed Arose.
oromagi
oromagi
TOWN
6. Oromagi
4. PressF              Dwight Shrute  COP
8. Greyparrot       Jim Halpert        VANILLA
12. A-R-O-S-E     Ryan Howard
11. Airmax1227   Toby Flenderson
7. Lunatic
9. Speedrace          CC PressF?
5. Supa
13. Wylted                                        not claiming  VIGILANTE
3. drafterman         (fem.)
2. iLikePie5
10. WaterPhoenix
1. SirAnonymous          A.J.              VANILLA                    
SCUM

COUNT(probably inaccurate)

SirAnon: 4/7 (water, drafter, wylted,pieliker)
Supa: 1/7 (grey)
A-R-O-S-E 4/7 (Lunatic, supa, speed, PressF)