Hard Atheists/Anti-Theists are dumb.

Author: Dynasty

Total: 55
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
-->
@Dynasty
First, only about 7% of wars were religious. And second, atheists have killed 94 million people. 
Anti theism is still sound, 195.035 million people have been killed in the name of religion. Also, I don't quite know if you can say those atheists killed those people because they were radicalized by atheist beliefs. 

Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Dynasty
If they are dumb is then the other extreme foolish. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
I don't believe that atheism and religion are mutually exclusive. Even the most extreme form of nihilism has a religiosity to it. You could certainly discern religion in the so called "scientific atheist" states such the Soviet Union.

Dynasty
Debates: 11
Dynasty
-->
@Trent0405
According to the Encyclopedia of Wars, only about 7% of wars or 123 wars, were caused by religion. And, may have less death tolls.
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
-->
@Dynasty
That doesn't mean Atheism and Anti Theism aren't sound positions. If it weren't for theism we would have 7% less war, many things theists have done like the crusades weren't wars but killed 6,000,000 people. Religious wars are incredibly bloody, the French war of Religion killed 4,000,000.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Dynasty
Hard Atheist/Anti-Theists are dumb. Change my mind.

Maybe a definition of them will help you better understand these groups"

Brewer's: Theist, Deist, Atheist, Agnostic
A theist believes there is a God who made and governs all creation; but does not believe in the doctrine of the Trinity, nor in a divine revelation.

A deist believes there is a God who created all things, but does not believe in His superintendence and government. He thinks the Creator implanted in all things certain immutable laws, called the Laws of Nature, which act per se, as a watch acts without the supervision of its maker. Like the theist, he does not believe in the doctrine of the Trinity, nor in a divine revelation.

The atheist disbelieves even the existence of a God. He thinks matter is eternal, and what we call “creation” is the result of natural laws.

The agnostic believes only what is knowable. He rejects revelation and the doctrine of the Trinity as “past human understanding.” He is neither theist, deist, nor atheist, as all these are past understanding.

A Christian is someòne who believes an illegitimate Jewish bastard named Jesus died for their sins 2000 years ago.That only dead Jews can forgive sins. Hitler to update this concept exterminated  6 million Jews to keep up with the growing population of Christian sinners.
Today we have 2 billion Christian sinners and only 14 million Jews. Most Christian accountants believe we need more Jews and not Christian sinners.

Do you see yourself agreeing with an accountant?

15 days later

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
I don't believe that atheism and religion are mutually exclusive. Even the most extreme form of nihilism has a religiosity to it. You could certainly discern religion in the so called "scientific atheist" states such the Soviet Union.
Please present your preferred definition of "religiosity".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Trent0405
That doesn't mean Atheism and Anti Theism aren't sound positions. If it weren't for theism we would have 7% less war, many things theists have done like the crusades weren't wars but killed 6,000,000 people. Religious wars are incredibly bloody, the French war of Religion killed 4,000,000.
Humans cause wars.

Religion is sometimes a pretext for war, but it is not a cause, in-and-of-itself.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dynasty
Hard Atheists/Anti-Theists are illogical.

Atheists ostensibly reject superstitious fairy-tales and religious beliefs because they are logically impossible/unknowable and unverifiable and unfalsifiable and categorically outside the scope of scientific exploration.

However, a surprising number self-described atheists believe in other obviously false concepts without question.

Below are just a few examples of faith based beliefs held by many atheists.

1) Free-Will

This is often defended as "an essential prerequisite to human happiness" the exact same way that religious people try say that religion is "an essential prerequisite to human happiness".

You will also hear the very common "we can't possibly know therefore I choose to believe". This is exactly the same as the theist that argues for "god in the gaps".

The fact that Free-Will is logically impossible and unverifiable and unfalsifiable and categorically outside the scope of scientific exploration is dismissed out-of-hand.

2) Objective Reality

This is often defended as "an essential prerequisite to human sanity" the exact same way that religious people try say that religion is "an essential prerequisite to human morality".

The fact that Objective Reality is logically unknowable and unverifiable and unfalsifiable and categorically outside the scope of scientific exploration is dismissed out-of-hand.

3) Infinity

Phrases get tossed around like, "infinite potential" and "infinite possibilities" and "the infinite cosmos". Max Planck has shown that our reality is NOT infinitely divisible, and we can extrapolate logically that human potential may be "unknown" but it is certainly not "unbounded".

The fact that Infinity is logically impossible and unverifiable and unfalsifiable and categorically outside the scope of scientific exploration is dismissed out-of-hand.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Dynasty
Theists have killed 2billion people.
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@disgusted
I gonna need citations for that claim, mate.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Dynasty

Dynasty,

YOUR CHRISTIAN QUOTE IN YOUR BIO PAGE: "I'm just a person who cares about facts."

Thank you Jesus for making a godly statement like you have done above, praise!  

I care about facts too, therefore Jesus' inspired words within the scriptures state biblical facts where, in quotation, animals talked and so did a bush. Now, if this isn't proof that the Bible is true, then I don't know what is,  praise Jesus to show the Bible is true with the following examples, don't you agree?!

A TALKING DONKEY: "Then the angel of the LORD moved on ahead and stood in a narrow place where there was no room to turn, either to the right or to the left. When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, she lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat her with his staff. Then the LORD opened the donkey's mouth, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?" Balaam answered the donkey, "You have made a fool of me! If I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now."(Numbers 22:21-29) 

A TALKING SERPENT: "Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"  (Genesis 3:1)

A TALKING BUSH:  "Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb,the mountain of God.  There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.  So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.” When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.” (Exodus 3:1-4)

Dynasty, lest you forget this very important second class woman passage, to wit: "A quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping on a rainy day. Stopping her complaints is like trying to stop the wind or trying to hold something with greased hands." (Proverbs 27:15-16) 

Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Poor understanding, much? Also, are you trolling?
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@BrotherDThomas
And, I suggest you read Gal 3:28.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dynasty
I'm gonna need citations.

Theism and war are inseparable.

No citations needed.

You obviously didn't pay attention in History Class.

Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@zedvictor4
Actually, there are. In fact, only about 7% of wars were religious.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dynasty
How wars were/are labelled is not relevant.

It's the participants rather than the event that assume religious significance.

In WW2 for example. The majority of participants were likely to have been, to a lesser or greater extent consciously associated with one religious faith or another.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@disgusted
Humans cause wars.

Religion is sometimes a pretext for war, but it is not a cause, in-and-of-itself.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Dynasty
Likewise
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5
@PGA2.0
@Dynasty

Dynasty,

YOUR NON ANSWER QUOTE TO MY POST #42 TO YOU:  'Poor understanding, much? Also, are you trolling?"

Therefore, by all means tell DEBATEART of my alleged poor understanding of the passages that I have given you relative to talking animals in the Bible!  We will await a cogent answer from you and without running away from them!  We thank you in advance.

YOUR EQUAL AMBIGIOUS QUOTE: "And, I suggest you read Gal 3:28."

What has Galations 3:28 have to do with talking animals in the Bible?  Can you please elucidate upon this topic as well? Thank you.

Now, I am sure you have heard and seen a few FAKE Christians run away from Jesus' true words as biblical axioms, naming at this time, ethang5, and PGA2.0, with some of the lamest and embarrassing excuses that this forum has ever seen, therefore, hopefully you will not be added to this ever growing list, yes?

BEGIN.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Have you talked to Jesus yet?

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Dynasty
First, only about 7% of wars were religious. And second, atheists have killed 94 million people. 
Ah! You are aware of that little known fact! Good for you.

If we go, as some seem to want, by the religion of the soldiers, every war would have been a religious wa..... 

Oh, I get it. Fake news.
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@BrotherDThomas
What has Galations 3:28 have to do with talking animals in the Bible?
I was respond to you citing Proverbs 27:15-16.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Dynasty

Dynasty,

Relating to Proverbs 27:15-16 was an afterthought, stay with the main topic of "talking animals" within our bible!  Do you agree that this biblical axiom more so than not proves our bible as true?  In other words, who wouldn't believe in the Bible when we have our God's talking animals and a bush? Yes?

Still awaiting a reply, and hopefully you will not be like ethang5 and PGA2.0 and run away from our Saviors true words!

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Dynasty
Hard Atheists/Anti-Theists are dumb. Change my mind.
Why would I change your mind? You people are great.