Thoughts on the bsh1 resignation

Author: AvoidDeath

Total: 201
AvoidDeath
Debates: 11
AvoidDeath
So, a few hours ago I heard of bsh1 resigning. Being one of the most loved/hated users on the site (along with RM, but with him, it's mostly the latter), I think it should be enough for me to write a few things.

He's a cool guy, don't get me wrong, but he has a few misunderstandings. I've been on this site for 4 months, counting Gatorade, and I've seen a lot of good things bsh1 has done. But the recent stuff is complete and utter bullshit. (#UnbantheHam). I feel as if he did not do what was right for not just the community, but also the mods. This is just my opinion.

According to bsh1 himself, he said that I was the former user Club. That is also bullshit, but I see where he is coming from. Also, he himself said that I could be Type1. And that is bullshit too. Maybe he does a lot of bullshit things, but he has done some good.

I am saying, I kind of believe in what Wylted/Dr.Franklin is doing with more community-based things, more of than just mods. Mods should be chosen by the community.

Finally, just saying, people that have bullied other people and have said racial stereotypes and defamed people should be held to a higher priority to mods then mulit-accounters. It's not fair to the multi accounter or the victim of the attacks.

Peace out-
AD

AvoidDeath
AvoidDeath
-->
@bsh1
Goodbye to you, best wishes.
AvoidDeath
AvoidDeath
-->
@DebateArt.com
Bruh
AvoidDeath
AvoidDeath
-->
@Speedrace
eek
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Bsh1 was going on reliable reads on you provided by me that declared you were probably Type1, Club or Dr. Franklin. It turned out you were actually Gatorade but my read was based on good reasoning. Bsh1 was not as bad as people are suddenly saying. He was not the worst mod in the world, in fact the reason he's been ousted is quite overblown yet is not totally unreasonable.

What he said, in context of the recipient's age and such, was out of order. What he did in response to the people telling him to say sorry, was too cold and uncaring of a reaction. Beyond that, this was blown out of proportion but that is also fair since it cancels out how much laziness and corruption he's had that has been taken too casually, when really it was severe.

Bsh1 being ousted is a net-beneficial thing to the website, nonetheless the way in which people are saying he's some scumbag through and through who seduced a 16 year old is exaggeration and contextual manipulation.
AvoidDeath
AvoidDeath
Agree with you, but I don't hate him.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Neither do I.
AvoidDeath
AvoidDeath
I honestly think no one actually hated him, he was just disliked because of his controversial actions.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Not quite what I said, lol. I said I wasn't sure who you were, because I never was able to sort it out. I threw out some theories I heard, but I am not endorsing any of them.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
YOU'RE ALIVE
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@AvoidDeath
Eeker
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
Until about 1:00am, yes. Then, my Frankenstein existence will run out of power.
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@bsh1
Until about 1:00am, yes. Then, my Frankenstein existence will run out of power.

Lol
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
You mean your Frankenstein's monster existence
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
No. In this scenario, I am Frankenstein. I mean, I do need a Halloween costume...
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
Who's the monster then?

I've never trick or treated before
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
-->
@bsh1
Wait, your leaving the site all together, or just the moderation team?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
Frankenstein IS the monster.

Also, how of you not trick-or-treated?!
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Trent0405
Correct.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
I'm not sure my opinion's matter too much, as I mostly stick to the game Forum. But Bsh1 is a good guy, and I have a hard time seeing him painted as some villain. Maybe the comment he made was in-appropriate, but I definitely think he would have gotten less blow back from it if he wasn't the moderator. I was just reading the thread for the first time, and when I saw the comment I kind of thought to myself "Hmm I wouldn't have said that if I was the moderator" but didn't really think of it more than that til I got to the second page and saw Annie and YYW light into him about it. I think Castin said it best, if the person it was directed to isn't offended, it's odd that outrage culture has us more offended then the "victim". PressF was even bantering back with him, and I don't even think he's gay. Seemed like friendly banter IMO. Honestly might be best for bsh1 to resign if it means he can make posts more freely without this kind of blow back. Being a member of this site shouldn't have to be a job, if you enjoy the debating community it might be more fun to just be a normal member again anyway. I was only president of DDO for like 6 months (and president is nowhere close to as important as being a moderator) but I definitely felt I had to change the way I talked and interacted with people during the presidency, which is why I didn't want to run again. Not having a filter and being able to speak freely is why most of us are here, to share our opinions. Also this site's community is more of a social one then anything. If bsh's resignation gives him the opportunity to play around and be himself it's probably a positive thing. Authority sucks. I don't know why anyone would want to be a mod, or a manager. 

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
Not the 6-foot tall one

And my parents never took me lol so I've never been, love candy though

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
And my parents never took me lol so I've never been, love candy though
Is it a religious thing?

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
Isn't it always? Lol

They've never explicitly said that but yeah

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Speedrace
Don't do that to your kids. Let them eat cake. Dress them as Marie Antoinette even.

Halloween is the best <3 It's spooktacular!
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
I don't plan on having kids lol but no worries
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Lunatic
Your opinion is as misguided as it is wrong.  Who even are you?
Annie_ESocialBookworm
Debates: 0
Annie_ESocialBookworm
-->
@RationalMadman
@Lunatic
Not speaking up when bsh1 said something so ridiculously inappropriate would passively implying that what he did was okay. It is not okay. It is wrong and absolutely unacceptable. Bsh1 refuses to remorsefully admit that he is wrong and has made several pretentious efforts to attract sympathy and make himself appear to be the victim. Bsh1 is not the victim. Bsh1 is the only one responsible for the distasteful behaviour that he has continuously shown. Until he grows up and accepts responsibility for his actions, he is in no position to claim any moral high ground. He is absolutely in the wrong, and my pointing that out did not "tarnish his reputation." That is clearly bullshit and you can see through it. Bsh1's reputation is based on his own actions, and his own actions alone, which clearly speak for themselves.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@coal
Your opinion is as misguided as it is wrong.  Who even are you?
I am TUF.

coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Lunatic
It looks to me like you're Monday morning quarter backing a game that your team didn't even play on.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@coal
It looks to me like you're Monday morning quarter backing a game that your team didn't even play on.
That's fine, you don't have to agree with me.