Lunatic
-->
@Wylted
What do you bench press?
2 Marshmellows on a toothpick
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I am doing it on the smith machine, and just started but 80 pounds (100 including bar, but I swear the bar feels lighter than the 20 they claim) for 5 reps. When I do a fumbell bench press I am getting the 80 pound mark for 5 reps, so maybe I shouldn't count the smith machine bar. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Wylted
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Lunatic
Not sure why you are trying to intimidate coal by claiming to be tough, if that is what you bench, but more power to you
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Vader
170? Are you fucking serious or is this to make me feel bad? 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
No not to make you feel bad. I play sports and have been lifting since Freshman year. For your first time lifting, 100 is not bad. Idk your body type, but you should be benching at least 75% of body weight.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Vader
I just lost 40 pounds. Was 200 (still sexy some how), but am now at about 160. So not at 75%. Having a hard time with diet. I still have some terrible days where I over eat by 2000 calories. But also have a lot of days where I under eat, so right now looking to remove both the under and over eat days and get my macros on point. When I stop making noob gains I am going to get testosterone 
Wylted
Wylted
Maybe that is 75. Font know.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
Benching isn’t the best core lift. It only works work pecs, so basically your nipples at biceps. The best lifts are front squat and deadlift 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Vader
I do those also
Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
If you come off extreme weight loss, go lightly before building up. Your body feels weaker 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Vader
Olay. Still cutting. Was in the 12 to 15 rep range until this week and then started lifting heavy, but maybe I should go back to that range. I am 160. Looking to cut until 145
Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
Good.

if you are not an athlete and look to improve core strength, 8-10x reps of weights that are 65% of max
Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
That is good for cutting... you got the right path 
Wylted
Wylted
Bsh1 has stepped down but just randomly decided to deprive me of my right to report posts. By the way I reported a single post this month, so this was absolutely random
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
Bsh1 refuses to remorsefully admit that he is wrong
You obviously haven't been reading my posts closely enough.

Wylted
Wylted
He gave the rights back 2 seconds later. Maybe he just made a error. Odd
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Wylted
Actually, I was mostly trying to see if I still had mod powers, because I had trouble accessing the mod interface, and when I tried to do it to you, Coal, and Annie, I got error messages. I picked test subjects that I found amusing, but now that I know it worked, your rights are restored. Apparently, I still have mod powers...
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
I think as long as that little crown appears beside you, you do
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Wylted
Fair point. But the thing is I can see the crow, but when I try to load the mod page it stalls out. Maybe I just have too many tabs up and it can't process.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
Not speaking up when bsh1 said something so ridiculously inappropriate would passively implying that what he did was okay. It is not okay. It is wrong and absolutely unacceptable. Bsh1 refuses to remorsefully admit that he is wrong and has made several pretentious efforts to attract sympathy and make himself appear to be the victim. Bsh1 is not the victim. Bsh1 is the only one responsible for the distasteful behaviour that he has continuously shown. Until he grows up and accepts responsibility for his actions, he is in no position to claim any moral high ground. He is absolutely in the wrong, and my pointing that out did not "tarnish his reputation." That is clearly bullshit and you can see through it. Bsh1's reputation is based on his own actions, and his own actions alone, which clearly speak for themselves.
The comment was in poor taste, but I think reacting as if Bsh1 is a pedophile is taking this to the extreme. Again this looked like friendly banter that PressF was also participating in. You are more offended by the interaction then Press is. Also based on some of the things you've said in the other forum it sounds like you may have some bias on the issue based on a previous dis-agreement. Obviously the same applies to coal. I doubt he would ever have anything good to say about bsh in any circumstance. I think you definitely are taking it too far by making this sound like anyone who doesn't agree with you is the equivalent of implying what he did was okay or agreeing with the comment. 

Annie_ESocialBookworm
Debates: 0
Annie_ESocialBookworm
Not sure why it's stalling because I'm getting all the notifications of you removing and readding permissions.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
Your logic is that if you're a perpetrator you can't also be a victim. That's not how things work, life isn't so black-and-white.

No offence but you literally came back this week, right? After months of inactivity, one can't possibly pick up on political landscape of the website, how the mod is overall and such. Would you love and worship someone over one act? If not, you shouldn't loathe and look completely down on them for one act either.

What he said was not appropriate and what you did was your natural reaction, as natural as him telling that joke was. You are only seeing it from one perspective because right now you are blinded by defensive/protective passion for a minor you feel has been violated. That urge protected youngsters and those that lacked it in their DNA didn't have their young last very long unless the young were self-sufficient. It's fine that you feel so protective, what you're not seeing is that there's two sides to every story. His reaction was as immature as his comment was, that you and I agree on. The disagreement we have is how serious it was and what he 'really meant' by it.
Wylted
Wylted
Tufts. Annie is pretty consistent on this issue. Whether she is biased or not, it has nothing to do with BSH1 as a person. After my rape debate Annie communicated with me in PM a lot and I think this happened like 5 years ago. So this is 5 years of consistency on her part on similar subjects.
Wylted
Wylted
I have a vivid memory of those interactions with Annie  and how she communicated how hurt she was by my actions. I didn't apologize because I felt I had not done wrong, but she has never missed an opportunity to call these sorts of things out when they have crossed her path
Annie_ESocialBookworm
Annie_ESocialBookworm
-->
@Lunatic
The comment was in poor taste, but I think reacting as if Bsh1 is a pedophile is taking this to the extreme. Again this looked like friendly banter that PressF was also participating in. You are more offended by the interaction then Press is. Also based on some of the things you've said in the other forum it sounds like you may have some bias on the issue based on a previous dis-agreement. Obviously the same applies to coal. I doubt he would ever have anything good to say about bsh in any circumstance. I think you definitely are taking it too far by making this sound like anyone who doesn't agree with you is the equivalent of implying what he did was okay or agreeing with the comment. 

As I have clarified, what bsh1 has done is not okay and I could not sit by quietly and let him continue with the inappropriate behaviour that I have seen him try to pass off as banter. You are welcome to wrongly disagree with me, but at the end of the day - the only one to blame for bsh1's actions is himself. 

If you cannot discern between right and wrong, that is on you. I have nothing further to say to you on this matter. 
Castin
Castin
One ill-considered uncomfortable joke on a message board, made by someone who momentarily forgot the other person's age and didn't even have it consciously in mind when he made the joke, has been compared to literal and deliberate child abuse, predatory grooming, and real statutory rape. One bad joke. The age of legal consent has been invoked to dismiss the fact that the recipient of the remark was not offended, as if consenting to physical sex is the same as consenting to a dirty joke on a message board, or as if 17 is not old enough to be able to say a dirty joke didn't scar you for life. This has been a level of outrage that should only be reserved for people who actually intend to molest minors, yet at no point has there been any intent to molest any minors at all -- no intent to molest anyone. There has just been a bad joke. I have no problem seeing why it made anyone uncomfortable, but the sheer degree of the response was at least 60% about preexisting personal hate for bish.

Annie_ESocialBookworm
Annie_ESocialBookworm
-->
@RationalMadman
Your logic is that if you're a perpetrator you can't also be a victim. That's not how things work, life isn't so black-and-white.
I fail to see how bsh1 is a victim here of anything but his own actions. 

With regards to the second part of what you said, I believe the situation was a severe enough one that needed my involvement. I will not change my mind on this. 

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
Annie and BSH1 are close friends prior to that. Her response is not about hating bsh1. You have no ideal what you are talking about.