Thoughts on the bsh1 resignation

Author: AvoidDeath

Total: 201
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
Your response is devoid of reasoning. But you are correct that morals are subjective and no, this obviously doesn't fringe my moral compass the same way it does to you.

You want to be offended and throw everyone in an immoral lump who disagrees with you that just seems silly. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
As someone who helped devolve a Hall of Fame thread by Bsh into a punchline about inducting one of Bsh's own testicles as a nominee because of a typo from a previous member I decided to go buck wild with, and also as someone with widely known questionable morals and behavior, im probably the last person anyone would consider hearing from on this issue since I have had more temp bans off the site then some users have letters in their fuckin name. That being said, here's how I view this whole thing: 

It was a joke, the guy played along with it, I really dont see the big deal over any of this. 

- The joke wasnt even that graphic or unacceptable, it was a throwaway 'bend over' line that we have all used ourselves at some point
- The guy Bsh was talking to played along with it and didnt in any way seem uncomfortable about it
- The guy is 16 which is well old enough to both understand and participate in crass humor on the internet 
- Bsh is allowed to fuck around (within reason) despite being the mod. Its not a paid position so he's not barred from being himself every once in a while
- Im fairly certain that far more crude and crass remarks have been made on this site with zero apprehension from anyone. 

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Imabench
Amen! Honestly if this issue happened on DDO during it's peak of activity, I think more people would be inclined to support this logic. The community here is much small though. Honestly the main people who think bsh1 is a heathen for this still seem to be in the minority judging from what I can see, but regardless, it seems kind of like a witch hunt. Annie still going hard on him with the support of her clique even in his resignation thread enforces that idea. 
ShabShoral
Debates: 1
ShabShoral
While not everyone involved has bad intentions — I think ESocial is sincere and the most sympathetic of the Anti-BSH crowd — I have serious reservations about the recent wave of vigilantism. I cannot help but see this as happening only because of preexisting sentiments; this situation reeks of individuals using horrifically disproportionate tactics to exploit an opportunity. 

To be clear, what BSH did was wildly inappropriate and I have no qualms saying that he was right to resign and remove himself from the community. He should not return, nor should he be defended for his actions, but nor too should his actions be attacked in the wrong way. This stance is a principled one — one that makes no exceptions for others who I feel are also toxic and detrimental to the site and its members — which is why the distinct lack of principled stances is so troubling. 

A witch hunt that, incidentally, throws a witch in the river should not be celebrated. This is no victory, nothing to be proud of, nothing to revel about, no justice, precisely because justice was never the aim. Rather, the aim was to settle petty political and personal grievances by propagandising and weaponising genuine concerns, twisting them until they broke clean off from any truthful moral grounding so as to fashion them into swords. 

Jacques Lacan claimed that, even if a jealous husband's claim about his wife – that she sleeps around with other men – is true, his jealousy is still pathological. Why? The true question is “not is his jealousy well-grounded?”, but “why does he need jealousy to maintain his self-identity?”

All around, this is a community at its most toxic, and I am most disgusted by the veneer of righteousness affected by some. I hope everyone involved examines the reason they played the role they did. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
ShabShoral just got kicked out of the DDO Elite. Good for him.
ShabShoral
Debates: 1
ShabShoral
This isn't the first time I've been the maverick, my friend.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@ShabShoral
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
Why are less than 100 forum posters dictating what is right or wrong? Please give me a break. 

Not speaking up when bsh1 said something so ridiculously inappropriate would passively implying that what he did was okay. It is not okay. It is wrong and absolutely unacceptable.
Tell me Annie do you not realize the person who would be justifiably offended PressF4 was not offended or maybe that doesn't fit into your narrative? You came back to spout your nonsensical opinions as if it was important. The only thing you have shown is you don't care about what occurred only that bsh1 did bad so I am going leave out the context as if it doesn't matter. Newsflash context always matters. Who would have thought a person who sponsors to the Religion of peace doesn't actually support peace? Really ironic and testament of what Islam isn't. Peaceful.
I think ESocial is sincere and the most sympathetic of the Anti-BSH crowd — I have serious reservations about the recent wave of vigilantism. I cannot help but see this as happening only because of preexisting sentiments; this situation reeks of individuals using horrifically disproportionate tactics to exploit an opportunity. 
You say Annie is the most sympathetic but that is thrown right out of the window with Annie exploiting this opportunity. I want to see people who are less sympathetic to actually find your claims to be serious. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@AvoidDeath
He's a cool guy, don't get me wrong, but he has a few misunderstandings.
Thread about your personal grievances not about the resignation itself. You are not only a liar but also too much of a coward to say it when he was in charge. 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
They were big on DDO and people know them as the memers
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
They were big on DDO and people know them as the memers
Who gives a f*ck?

You being big on DDO doesn't mean you are big on DA. There is a difference because where were they before bsh1 resigned? Did they even bother to look at the context? How would they know if this is a common occurrence instead of a slip up?

This is only if they actually care about looking at things honestly without being an ideologue. I know one person who doesn't care that I have messaged. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
This is not my fight to bear, argue with them

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
This is not my fight to bear, argue with them
Then don't even attempt to defend them if you don't want to be involved. You chose to say that and if it wasn't clear I do try to answer comments that people direct to me. Next time if you are not able to defend your stance don't even bother telling it to me or in a thread I have stated my problems as if I won't answer it.

Vader
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
What are you arguing with me about lmao... all I told you those were popular DDOers on the website. You pick a fight with me when that's all I said was the backstory
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
There are only three kinds of social networking sites:

1. The kind where you can never get hold of the mods when you need them
2. The kind where the mods are extremely overzealous and will permaban you for ridiculously slight infractions
3. The kind where the mods do an amazing job but everyone hates on them anyway
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Bsh1 made a new thread asking user feedback like once every other week. It was actually a little annoying. But the mods held themselves to a degree of accountability that you'd be hard-pressed to find anywhere else.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I just read through your word salad response to Annie. Get help. You have early symptoms of schizophrenia can be medicated away. The one response that was comprehensible she already addressed the premises of, not sure if there is a reading comprehension issue on your part or if this is just one of the early signs manifesting.  Either way I would seek to remedy it. If I were you
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
I just read through your word salad response to Annie.

Is this regarding post 67 or a different one? Because 67 seems pretty clear to me. Not saying that I agree or disagree, just that it is hardly 'word salad', whether it is right or wrong.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
What are you arguing with me about lmao... all I told you those were popular DDOers on the website. You pick a fight with me when that's all I said was the backstory
Why can't they say it? Is it because they can't dog-pile me just like what they did to bsh1? Stop doing something what I asked of them.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Wylted
I just read through your word salad response to Annie. Get help.
Please a conspiracy theorist telling me I am wrong. You need help.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Is this regarding post 67 or a different one? Because 67 seems pretty clear to me. Not saying that I agree or disagree, just that it is hardly 'word salad', whether it is right or wrong.
If it wasn't clear he is yet another ideologue on this site who doesn't care about fact instead if that facts confirms his values. He is not here to have a worthwhile debate where both sides are willing to change their mind instead wants to virtue signal his agenda like he is some authority on this site. To this date he has no official role on this site only the role he appointed himself. Kinda shows the ego he has but maybe I am wrong.

This also goes to show like in his long-ass thread is that if the only thing you have against me is ad-homs or name calling you must really find it difficult to argue against my points.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
would be justifiably offended PressF4 was not offended or maybe that doesn't fit into your narrative?

Annie explained numerous times that this was a stupid opinion. It doesn't matter if press was offended. Now this nihilist guy is most likely an idiot or trolling. His lack of ability to comprehend ger saying it is silly.

He also uses words in an odd manner even when used correctly which is annoying.

You came back to spout your nonsensical opinions as if it was important. The only thing you have shown is you don't care about what occurred only that bsh1 did bad

maybe this made some sense but I think it gets confusing here and he begins to word salad. Besides being wrong that BSH1s best friend on this site would just randomly attack him as a person and not actually be truly offended, the thoughts are starting to blend together here and be less distinct. Now maybe it is just a stream of consciousness shitty writing technique and he has no inner dialogue due to being an NPC, but the thoughts are starting to bleed together and become less recognizable

• so I am going leave out the context as if it doesn't matter. Newsflash context always matters.

This was a completely random quote about context. It is possible he thinks annie was not in the thread and reading the context, but is seems like word salad and random

Who would have thought a person who sponsors to the Religion of peace doesn't actually support peace? Really ironic and testament of what Islam isn't. Peaceful.
This is random words. I don't know if he is calling Islam peaceful, or saying it isn't peaceful. This also seems full word salad mode. Why would he randomly bring up Islam. Annie isn't even Muslim. I think she worships cows or something

Vader
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Fam. I don’t why you are mad at me but go ahead and rant. I will sit here and eat my popcorn
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
Annie explained numerous times that this was a stupid opinion. It doesn't matter if press was offended. 

Like I said I am not taking a stance on whether TRN was right or wrong, just saying that it is possible to understand the meaning.

• so I am going leave out the context as if it doesn't matter. Newsflash context always matters.

This was a completely random quote about context. It is possible he thinks annie was not in the thread and reading the context, but is seems like word salad and random

This, for example. Reading post 67 it is clear to me that the message is that

1) TRN is saying that Annie said or implied that context was irrelevant and

2) TRN goes on to state that he disagrees that context is irrelevant.

For a third time, not saying that I agree or disagree with TRN. Here it is a fourth time:

Is he right that Annie actually said or implied that context is irrelevant, or is that a strawman on his part?

The correct answer is: I don't care.

Is he right to say that context actually is important?

The correct answer is: I seriously don't fucking care.

Or this...

Who would have thought a person who sponsors to the Religion of peace doesn't actually support peace? Really ironic and testament of what Islam isn't. Peaceful.
This is random words. I don't know if he is calling Islam peaceful, or saying it isn't peaceful. This also seems full word salad mode. Why would he randomly bring up Islam. Annie isn't even Muslim. I think she worships cows or something

Pretty clear to me here that TRN is saying:

1) Annie says Islam is a religion of peace and

2) TRN does not agree that Islam is peaceful.

Are either of these statements correct? I don't care.

You clearly do care if you are taking the time to engage with him. All I am saying is that his message is clear, if you think it is incorrect then please explain why you think this.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Lunatic
This is not merely an issue of subjective disagreement.  Sexual harassment of the species engaged in by bsh1 is absolutely unacceptable.  Harvey Weinstein doesn't get the chance to sit back and way "oh chill out I was just joking."  That is blatant idiocy.

Worse, Castin's absolutely inexcusable writing this off as mere "political correctness" is a complete disgrace, and a reflection of the fact that she lacks the maturity and judgement to opine on any issue.  

Frankly, your response to this has implicated serious doubts as to your judgment and ability to see situations for what they are.  Were I in your situation, I would stop wading into waters the depths of which you lack the ability to identify before you find yourself in over your head.  Given your propensity to misinterpret the English language, I will clarify that metaphor: 

There is more to this than simply what bsh1 said in that isolated context, which you seemingly do not know.  Given that, you would be well advised to avoid expressing future opinions on this or related issues. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
Fam. I don’t why you are mad at me but go ahead and rant. I will sit here and eat my popcorn
Eat as much as you want but when you realize it is empty or finally you would comprehend you are wrong. Don't come crying to me when you understand you are essentially defending the people I am calling out. Don't butt into a conversation making claims you are not willing to defend. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
WHAT THE FUCK DID I SAY! I LITERALLY TOLD YOU WHO THE FUCK THESE PEOPLE ARE, NOT DEBATE YOU ON THIS
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
1) Annie says Islam is a religion of peace and
I inferred this from Annie's profile. Annie might as well be the only person who doesn't take that stance. 

Everything else I would say you summed up correctly. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist

and then 71

Fam I didn't say anything, why are you after me
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
WHAT THE FUCK DID I SAY! I LITERALLY TOLD YOU WHO THE FUCK THESE PEOPLE ARE, NOT DEBATE YOU ON THIS
You telling me who they are is defending them because my question specifically speaking to the two involved not you. Just to make it even more clear, don't butt into a conversation you are unwilling to follow through on.

Here is my question directed at ShabShoral and @Annie_ESocialBookworm

Why are less than 100 forum posters dictating what is right or wrong? Please give me a break. 
Please don't @ me if you have nothing productive to say. Carrying on eating your popcorn angrily while the two decide to be brave enough to answer the claims I brought forward. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader

Fam read the comment above. You are addressing something they should. Stop defending them if you are not willing to carry on from the 1 sentence you typed.