Is this supposed to be a joke?

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 120
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@oromagi
There is nothing cool or useful about raging at a guy at his first day on the job.
There is nothing cool or useful about his offensive comment to comparing me to a cashier is involved in a health violation as if it wouldn't impact me because it would since I do work there and I would be partly responsible given it is likely for cashiers to do multiple jobs.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
His first day on the job, he dealt with the Chief Moderator doing some vile and the man who appointed him stepping down and resigning from the website entirely
First day on the job doesn't mean that Speedrace hasn't set an new precedent while also belittling my stance.
His first legit day, he was bogged down by reports of that forum
2 reports. I checked when I made that post earlier. If he can't handle that then why was he appointed anyway? That is under the assumption he had no  other moderator duties to fulfill which I think is a poor framing on your part. It should be His first legit day, he was bogged down by the duties as a moderator on top making a very radical decision.
He is 16, we have a life too. He has done a fantastic job at moderating overall, and fmpov has made the right decisions
If his youth is a reason that makes him ineffective as a moderator. Remove him. If his life makes him take radical positions often enough. Remove him. Simple as that.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
I didn't report you. If you said something wrong, I would've called you out. 
I have no way in verifying this and you being a liberal queer Muslim really makes me doubt you can be honest about your inconsistency. 
If you'd like to discuss the bsh issue, you could always DM people if they're willing to talk. But honestly, this isn't as bad as bsh DELETING my comments the other day. 
If it was the thread that bsh1 stated he would remove at a period of time then yes your comment was deleted but the entire thread was deleted as well. If this is the case just another example of you being an ideologue missing out more important information that doesn't suit your narrative. 

Why would I DM you? Your stated a public opinion. I argued against it publicly. I see no reason to speak about it in private.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@AvoidDeath
I have to agree with you. It is an abuse of power, but my  main goal of the forum post was not for anything to happen like that. 
That isn't my claim. That was bmdrocks claim. Read my actual 1st comment. To make it simple:

He did something that has never been done before. Locked a user created thread that doesn't violate the precedent which warranted a lock of a thread. For example spamming. 

Values locking threads over suspending people who use threats. 

No new rule was established that the thread topic must be followed and I know bsh1 didn't agree with me which is why he didn't anything about it. Speedrace did way after you made your first comment that wasn't about the resignation. That is inconsistent for him to lock the thread if he cared about the topic which was bsh1's resignation. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@coal
Nothing about my comment was inappropriate.
Who said I did?

2 comments from my knowledge were reported. Yours and Annie's. It would have to be between the two of you because from what I heard from bsh1 is that something can't be done about a public issue if it isn't reported. Unless of course Speedrace has set a new precedent for without telling anyone. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Speedrace
Honest question: why not ban the people who are raving like lunatics instead of locking the thread? They're just going to rave like lunatics in another thread.
Hasn't happened yet...

What the f*ck.

You being the dumbf*ck you are have shown that you can't state there was even personal attacks thus stating there wasn't even threats. Meaning the claims you brought up are false. A threat is a form of personal attack. I have already stated how the other paragraph is inconsistent if you decide to do it way later than AvoidDeath's 1st comment so you are just a dumbf*ck.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
His first day on the job, he dealt with the Chief Moderator doing some vile and the man who appointed him stepping down and resigning from the website entirely
First day on the job doesn't mean that Speedrace hasn't set an new precedent while also belittling my stance.
You don't have a stance though. The take down =/= cause of you
His first legit day, he was bogged down by reports of that forum
2 reports. I checked when I made that post earlier. If he can't handle that then why was he appointed anyway? That is under the assumption he had no  other moderator duties to fulfill which I think is a poor framing on your part. It should be His first legit day, he was bogged down by the duties as a moderator on top making a very radical decision.
I can't comment on this...
He is 16, we have a life too. He has done a fantastic job at moderating overall, and fmpov has made the right decisions
If his youth is a reason that makes him ineffective as a moderator. Remove him. If his life makes him take radical positions often enough. Remove him. Simple as that.
Radical? Lmao you haven't been on the site long enough to see radical

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
You don't have a stance though. The take down =/= cause of you
A comment I made on that thread is a stance. It being because of me doesn't matter because it still impacted me given I was going to address the people who were commenting to me.
I can't comment on this...
What? So when I have evidence you don't even bother to accept it. Noted.
Radical? Lmao you haven't been on the site long enough to see radical
Never has a user thread been locked that doesn't include spamming. Speedrace by doing this has set a new precedent thus being a radical. It is easy to follow but just like in the other thread I am sure you won't understand this either. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
What? So when I have evidence you don't even bother to accept it. Noted.
I can not defend this because I am not responsible for his vote. The only thing I know is what happened in the Mod Discussions
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@drafterman
I mod several large subs on reddit, and I almost never lock threads unless they get into outright personal attacks.  That said, I belong to communities where the opposite is true.   There is great variance from one sub to another; both in terms of the caliber of the mods in play and the practices they utilize.  

coal
coal
-->
@TheRealNihilist
What are you talking about?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@coal
Agreed, there is a great deal of variance from one to the other. The sub I modded had a very strict (but still appropriate) modding philosophy because it was a niche sub.

My personal experience is that bs1h was not open to much outside suggestion. My issues were primarily with him as an individual. I found him to be aloof and somewhat duplicitous. With him gone, I'm willing to give the new team some slack. I'm not getting the same impressions.

This is a diverse community and a lot of people have different ideas of how it should be run. Anyone with issues with the previous style of moderation will probably still have issues because no one is going to drastically change the style over night. I still have some pretty significant issues on certain topics, but - as they've decided to give users a clean slate to work from - I'm willing to do the same.

And we can't of course, ignore the fact that some people just like to rage against any mod action no matter what. I've certainly been accused of such. And maybe, in a few instances, they were right.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@coal
--> @TheRealNihilist

Evergreen question.
coal
coal
-->
@drafterman
Well my issues with bsh1 mirror that, though I would note that I have other issues with him as well that go beyond the specific ones you raise. 

Generally, I do not lock threads unless there are multiple people engaging in bad faith conduct, band-wagoning, doxxing, or engaging in other serious problems.

The last thread I locked involved multiple Chinese bot accounts spamming regarding Hong Kong, and attacking a pro-Hong Kong person.  That was months ago. 

As for cutting people slack, yes, I agree fully.  I also do not -- as I indicated -- blame speedracer for the decision.  Clearly it was not his, but someone else's, and the fact that they sent the new guy to do it is something I take issue with.

But, the reason for locking the thread is an issue; as well as the fact that it was locked.  There were no personal attacks and there was no conduct there that should result in it being locked.  

There *might have been* if things continued, and there certainly were at least two people (neither myself nor annie) who said some things that were certainly objectionable, but that doesn't mean that a thread needs to be locked.  A "chill out" warning would for them have been more than adequate. 

coal
coal
-->
@drafterman
I am lost.  What is an "evergreen question"?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@coal
An evergreen question is a question that is always in season. It's always relevant. That is, you can ask that in response to anything he says.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@coal
A "chill out" warning would for them have been more than adequate

I think that's a great idea.
coal
coal
-->
@drafterman
That makes sense, I guess.... never heard the term before.

In my line of work, evergreening means trying to extend the life of a patent beyond its expiry date. lol
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@coal
TBF it's a novel use of the term, I've only ever seen it on Twitter as "evergreen tweet" in the same context. Just applying that here.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@coal
The 2 reported comments. That was all I saying. Please read any of my comments. I didn't accuse you of threats. 

coal
coal
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I didn't say you accused me of threatening anyone.  I continue to have no idea what you are talking about. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
I didn't say you accused me of threatening anyone.  I continue to have no idea what you are talking about. 
I was addressing:
Nothing about my comment was inappropriate.
Why did you tell me this? 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@coal

Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@coal
@Vader
@TheRealNihilist
@Speedrace
@bmdrocks21
I looked through the "Thoughts on the bsh1 resignation" thread myself to see if I could find any personal attacks or threats.

While I do think that the moderators should have punished the individual people making the attacks/threats instead of locking the entire thread and punishing everyone, there were in fact several instances of swearing, bad words, person attacks, and at least 1 death threat, to begin with:

That is clearly bullshit and you can see through it. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/126316

Are you fucking serious or is this to make me feel bad? https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/126337

right now you are blinded by defensive/protective passion for a minor you feel has been violated. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/126369

Get help. You have early symptoms of schizophrenia can be medicated away. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/126529

they can't dog-pile me just like what they did to bsh1 https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/126538

Please a conspiracy theorist telling me I am wrong. You need help. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/126540

This also goes to show like in his long-ass thread https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/126543

THE FUCK DID I SAY! I LITERALLY TOLD YOU WHO THE FUCK https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/126642

And here is the death threat by Dr Franklin:
THE DDO ELITE MUST DIE, STARTING WITH BSH https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/126793
RM YOUR NEXT

There is no mystery that bsh1 was a pawn https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/126866

Yeah keep lifting my nigga. You need to make up for being ugly so you can lose your virginity. I'm actually pretty sexy and slay pussy so I am just lifting to fight aging. You're fighting looks and personality so your fight is much harder. Keep at it kid. One day you'll slay pussy like I do. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/127051

Oh so you're a clown clown. Good to know. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3010/post_links/127063

I'm not sure if it was these comments specifically that caused that thread to get locked, but some of these comments do seem like something that would compel a moderator to take action, especially the one with the n-word.

If Speedrace himself/herself could come and clarify which comments were the hate comments and threats that caused it to get locked, though, then that would clear up any confusion.
If the confusion isn't cleared up, then people will likely keep blaming each other for getting the thread locked (i.e. "it was person A saying B that got it locked!" .... "no it was person C saying D that got it locked!")

I also don't know what this whole issue with bsh1 making some "inappropriate" comment about somebody is all about.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Christen
When Utopia Crumbles LIVE THREAD
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Christen
You're an amazing person 🙂

And I'm a he

And all of the above contributed, it wasn't just one person that got it locked

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Christen
"You do not make sense" kinda sticks out lol
Vader
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
I don't think TRN realizes that
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
The problem isn't with moderation. It's with the CoC that allows mods to do this. By barring all peronal attacks, it takes out the reality of humam emotion in a debate and attempts to subject everyone to the notion that everyone is going to play nice and everything is going to be sunshine and rainbows. Of course, this notion isn't grounded in reality. There will always be members that don't like each other
Vader
Vader
-->
@Mharman
This is something I strongly agree with and am working with moderation to talk too and shed my light. I think there are some cases it is justified. My ban bc I was defending someone who made fun of autism and attacking them for saying it was so bullshit.