Wylted AMA

Author: Wylted

Total: 59
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I am taking a break from the site because it is becoming a distraction. Obviously it just going to be a temporary break. I have done numerous things to increase my ability to focus. One is eliminating TV, and almost eliminating social media. Sure youtube is getting the cut next, but I need to  take extreme methods to grab a few minutes extra here and there. Anyway Ask me anything. Pretty self conscious about coming across as a narcissist with an "I'm taking a break post" so made an AMA. I probably will return december 14th for the dart presidential elections but only briefly. Normally I just disappear but have been commuindicating privately with more people so this is for them
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Wylted
What time is it?
Do you like turtles?
What is your mother's maiden name?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bmdrocks21
11:42 PM

Yes, they are literally the only thing holding the world up.

Hylton, yes it is with a Y. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Wylted
Lol, referencing the Hindi turtle?

I know you so well now! :)

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
Yes, they are literally the only thing holding the world up.

The turtle is the main thing but the elephants deserve some credit too.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I thought it was tradition to not talk about the elephant in the room. Was not overlooking just keeping to tradition while I silently thanked them

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
That must be a big room to hold 4 world elephants.

warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
What are your three favorite musical artists?

What is a relatively common name (one male, one female) that you think is really stupid and would absolutely never give your child?

What is your favorite breed of dog?

If you could be a professional in any sport of your choosing what would it be?

What is the most recent book you've read?

What is your favorite comedy TV show?

What is a personal goal you have?

If you had to move to another state that you've never visited, which would it be? Same question but country?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@warren42
What are your three favorite musical artists?
Michael Jackson, Jimmy Buffet, and the ghetto boys

Wylted
Wylted
What is your favorite breed of dog?

Probably a lab

Wylted
Wylted

If you could be a professional in any sport of your choosing what would it be?

As a kid football. Now probably 9 ball

Wylted
Wylted
What is the most recent book you've read?

I was reading about 100 books a year. But found that my life was not improving much. So now it is reduced to about 12. I read them twice. Take notes both times, work on applying the concepts while reading a third time. I choose books more wisely than I used to. They must be backed by science and usually I look for books written by researchers in their field. I want the books to be relatively new so it's researcher has access to more data. The book I am on my 3rd read of currently is bigger leaner stronger by mike Matthew's. 

Wylted
Wylted
Comedy show would be Seinfeld 
Wylted
Wylted
All in the family is a close second
Wylted
Wylted
My goal is to complete a udemy web development course by January 4th then by may 1st have a job in development or my own freelance business
Wylted
Wylted
Longer term goals are to live forever and be the biggest influencer in radical life extension
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@warren42

If you had to move to another state that you've never visited, which would it be? Same question but country?

I have considered Germany. I like their culture. State would be Arizona because Alcor is there and I would like to be preserved for future reanimation. Scottsdale seems like a good area. 

Wylted
Wylted
Germany people seem to keep to themselves, everything shuts down on Sunday and they hate outsiders, from what I have read. 
Wylted
Wylted
What is a relatively common name (one male, one female) that you think is really stupid and would absolutely never give your child?

I forgot this. I would never name them Stacy or Chad, but from the research I have read girls with 3 syllable names tend to be more successful and boys with 1 syllable names. Both my sons have 2 syllable names so I lost those battles but I was really passionate about giving them their best chance in life so still kinda pissed I lost those arguments 

Wylted
Wylted
I have dated about 5 different Stephanie's so am sick of that name. In high school I dated 3 Stephanie's at once, which was odd. Somewhat want to dox them here to prove it, but won't lol
Annie_ESocialBookworm
Debates: 0
Annie_ESocialBookworm
Pretty self conscious about coming across as a narcissist with an "I'm taking a break post" so made an AMA
You are fantastic.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
You're fantastic. It takes more guts to stand up to friends than enemies or strangers. You are a great leader and role model. 

You have made a positive impact on my life and there are few people who have the potential that occurs seemingly effortlessly with you.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Wylted
What is the most important political issue for you?

What is your favorite kind of sandwich?

Who is your favorite comedian(other than Amy Schumer, of course)?

If you could fight one politician from all American history, who would it be?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bmdrocks21
What is the most important political issue for you?

A few of the overlooked ones. The first is radical life extensions. We are all a day closer to dying every day. I think you race to end aging by aggressively pursuing a technological singularity. Worst case scenario is we hit it in our lifetimes and it causes us to kill ourselves off, but since we have a death sentence anyway. We should pursue it even at reckless speeds.

If I were to run for public office though I would keep transhumanist thoughts like that to myself. I would make it a campaign that focused on my number 2 political goal, which is to end the corruption involved in organizations such as child protective services under it's various names. We are taking kids out of abusive homes right now and putting them into more abusive homes. Not all foster parents are pieces of shits, but it is too common. The solution. Is we need better trained and better staged social service departments so that way we can get rid of the workers who are an odd combination of mostly overzealous and negligent.  These people affect the quality of life of biological and foster parents. The job usually attracts low IQ people as well. You can tell by the parenting  classes they teach that think one size fits all solutions for parents are a good ideal or that it is even a good ideal for the government to be involved in child rearing. We can't go back to orphanages but honestly I was in a group home similar to one and a foster home. Nobody in the group homes were abused.  At the time it was known as the Children's place in Lakeworth Florida. Not sure what they title it now, but it is still in operation and a worthy charity run home to donate to. Groups like Boystown I would offer more government Grant's to as well. It wasn't the DCF or ny guardian ad litem who rescued me from an abusive foster home. It was Wes Johnson from Boystown. The only person who seemed to give a shit about me and my siblings. The organization also helped me to win custody of my siblings in a battle against my own parents

Wylted
Wylted

Turkey club. 

The same as everybody else's with a brain. George Carlin

I think FDR has done irreparable harm to this country through his policies which set off a slippery slope we are still seeing to this day. I would torture him. If not for him we would have had our technological singularity 

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Wylted
I like Bill Burr, myself. Have seen some George Carlin and thought he was pretty good.

Beating up and torturing cripples, I like your style ;)

But in all seriousness, I am very sorry to hear about your childhood experience. I do believe that fixing the foster system is unfortunately a topic that has been swept under the rug and is harming thousands of children. Honestly, if we fix that, it would help all sorts of problems. Likely less crime, more people finishing at least high school, etc.    
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bmdrocks21
Nobody seems interested in fixing child protective services and foster care issues because no special interest money, not a hot button issue and most of the hard work has to be done at the local level. It is worse than I said too. I mean there are some unethical adoption schemes as well, where I think some case workers are incentivized to remove children
LordLuke
Debates: 1
LordLuke
-->
@Wylted
  1. What would your ideal wife be like?
  2. Why write questions on your AMA rather than your Questions page on your Profile?
  3. What are your top three favorite countries (not necessarily meaning you'd want to live there)?
  4. Where would you if you had to hide from the US government or flee to a safe spot?
  5. Who's the worst person that you're still friends with?
  6. What's you're favorite restaurant?
  7. Who shares your beliefs the best on the site?
Wylted
Wylted
1. My ideal wife would be a woman who strikes my ego in a convincing and sincere way. Ny first kids mother could do that, and I am still in love with her
Wylted
Wylted
Now that I understand the questions page I think it is awesome but I only learned it like an hour ago