semi automatic weapons should be banned for civilians with exceptions,

Author: PaulVerliane

Total: 48
PaulVerliane
Debates: 26
PaulVerliane
-->
@bmdrocks21
oh no oh no no no that figure has ben completely debunked but thanks  for falling right in to a trap that i can debunk!! god you people are so fucking stupid you quote bullshit, does it hurt being tha stupid does it? its killing me, i need another tylonol just to deal with all your stupid 
"Every year, the FBI releases the Uniform Crime Report (UCR), a national set of crime statistics which is compiled from data submitted by the nation’s roughly 18,000 police departments. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the UCR is one of the two official sources, along with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Fatal Injury Reports, from which the nation’s homicide rate is measured. Unlike the FBI, the CDC’s report collects data from death certificates reported by physicians, medical examiners and coroners. Per the UCR, 9,103 murders were committed with firearms in 2015, while the CDC’s figure is significantly higher — 12,979.
For murder data, the FBI figures are broken down by type of weapons used in the following categories: Total firearms; handguns; rifles; shotguns; firearms — type unknown; knives or cutting instruments; other weapons; and hands, fists, feet, et cetera. These figures are provided to the FBI by state agencies that collect encoded crime data from individual police departments.

this is fbi data by the way fbi data you can go to their site and see everything i say is 100% true

According to the most recently updated (as of 2018) FBI data for 2016, the year referenced in the Breitbart article, 10,372 of the 15,318 murders in the United States were committed with firearms. Handguns were the most common type of firearm used in 6,762 cases. In 2,891 cases, the type of gun was not reported to the FBI or was listed as “other” while in 1,853 instances, the weapon was not identified or was listed as “other.”
It’s unlikely that a total of only 374 murders in the U.S. (a figure since revised to 300) were committed with rifles in 2016, given the fact that in more than 4,000 cases the weapon or type of gun was not specified in the UCR. What is clear from the figures, however, is that handguns are by far the most-used murder weapon, probably because they are easier to transport and conceal. Phillip Cook, Terry Sanford Professor Emeritus of Public Policy Studies at Duke University, told us:  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/four-times-more-stabbed-than-rifles-any-kind/

PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@bmdrocks21
you are afriad i'm right arent you? arent you? fucking cowardly pussy trangender homo A cognitive bias is a systematic error in thinking that affects the decisions and judgments that people make. Some of these biases are related to memory. The way you remember an event may be biased for a number of reasons and that in turn can lead to biased thinking and decision-making.Sep 7, 2019
How Cognitive Biases Influence How You Think and Act

https://www.verywellmind.com › what-is-a-cognitive-bias-2794963

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@PaulVerliane
And handguns are also easier to defend yourself with because they are portable. 
PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@bmdrocks21
they should also be banned 3/4 of our homicides would not hapen if we just got rid of handguns https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/four-times-more-stabbed-than-rifles-any-kind/  [H]andguns are used far more often to kill people than are rifles.  Almost all homicides occur away from the perpetrators’ place of residence, suggesting that the gun had to be transported.  Handguns are more convenient to carry and to deploy than are rifles
Broadly speaking, there are simply more handguns in the U.S., according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms’ annual Firearms Commerce in the United States report — the only official source available estimating the number of guns in the U.S. In 2015 more than 4.4 million pistols and revolvers were manufactured domestically versus nearly 3.7 million rifles. In 2016, nearly 3.7 million handguns were imported versus nearly 730,000 rifles. These are the most recent figures available.
The parameters selected for the article appear to be contrived

PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
Based solely on the numbers provided in the UCR, we don’t know definitively how many crimes were committed with which type of weapons in a given year — but we have an overview that shows the vast majority of murders are committed with firearms, regardless of type. However, since 1990, reported violent crime in the United States has been on a downward trend. According to the UCR, there was an uptick in murders by 1,320 crimes from 2015 to 2016 — 1,226 of those due to firearms.
The most recent UCR report, which contains annual homicide figures from 2014 through 2018, can be viewed here. The report features this disclaimer: “NOTE: The Uniform Crime Reporting Technical Refresh enables updating of prior years’ crime data; therefore, data presented in this table may not match previously published data.”

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@PaulVerliane
You are wrong once again, sir. UK banned guns and their homicide rates are rising. Knife crime is rising as well. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/apr/25/homicides-in-england-and-wales-hit-highest-level-in-a-decade

So, should they ban knives? What next, hammers? Obviously, the weapons aren't the problem.

The foolish and baseless assumption that just banning something will automatically solve the problem is laughably false. How about you come back when you have some real points, okay, bud?

PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@bmdrocks21
they banned handguns in 1997  the homicide rate dropped for 15 years after that The murder rate in England and Wales has fallen to its lowest level in 20 years, with 648 homicides recorded in 2008/09 – 136 fewer than the year before. Home Office statisticians said the drop was "not a blip".https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/jul/16/crime-figures-recession-impact that was ten years ago 

after labour left office in 2010 conservative cut police bdgets sharlpy talk to anyone that live s in the uk 

for 15 years homicide rates dropped after the gun ban the rate only went back up when conservatives gutted law enforcment fundng and manpower
ask anyone in blrtian about this they will tall you i am 100% factually spot on https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/world/europe/uk-police-crime-austerity.html  "BIRMINGHAM, England — On a foggy afternoon last fall, a suicidal patient walked out of Solihull Hospital and disappeared. Alerted by hospital staff, police officers discovered her on a Birmingham street, having downed a bottle of vodka.
They took her to their station house, waited for her to sober up and called social service agencies and charities for help. Their calls were rebuffed or never answered.
At midnight, Constable Richard Chant finally persuaded the woman to go to a different hospital, but it was a Pyrrhic victory. In the eight hours that officers worked on her case, the West Midlands Police Department received 1,452 other emergency calls, and in many of those cases, hours or days went by before an officer responded.
“It was a bit of checkmate,” Constable Chant said. “We need to support these people in crisis, but the police are not the right ones to be dealing with them.”

Constable Chant’s burden reflects the strained state of policing in Britain’s era of economic austerity: The number and range of emergency calls has risen sharply in Birmingham and in many other cities, but there are now far fewer officers to respond. The economic uncertainties around Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union mean that budget pressures could be far from over.
The West Midlands Police has seen $220 million in budget cuts since the Conservative-led government’s austerity program began in 2010. The department has slashed a quarter of its officers, leaving numbers nearly as low as when the force was formed in 1974. Across England and Wales, police staffing has fallen by about 20,000 officers.

Subscribe for original insights, commentary and discussions on the major news stories of the week, from columnists Max Fisher and Amanda Taub.

The problem is compounded by parallel cuts to social services. Addiction serviceshousing benefits, gang mediation programs and social services for both adults and children have all been pared back, creating metastasizing problems that often fall to the police.
There are also questions about whether the cuts are contributing to a spike in violent crime. Murders and robberies, while not near American crime rates, have surged to their highest levels in a decade in England and Wales. Knife offenses rose in 2018 for the fourth straight year, and crimes involving firearms dipped after rising for several years.
PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@bmdrocks21
um no no the actual figure isnt 237 its actually about 4000 accordig to the fbi
PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@bmdrocks21
the rising crime rate is due to police manpower cuts, before the cutswere made crime had droped to an all time low figure conservatives slasshed socail service and law enforcment budgets
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@PaulVerliane
Excuses.
PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@bmdrocks21
i can prove everything i say is true i've researched it, why dont you ask some people here from the uk? hm i will tell you why your a coward and you are afraid i'm right and that threatens  your pathetic gun wet dream you sick sad american fascist
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@PaulVerliane
I'm sorry for not wasting my time responding to your gish gallop.

How are all of the hot robberies over there in the UK? Not well, I presume.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
lol i am actually winning
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@bmdrocks21
@Dr.Franklin
I think dustyrider made a good observation (pretty sure it was him).  the illegal/black market for guns is probably saturated (I believe this to be true) so even a total ban wouldn't impact the illegal guns for many decades (my opinion, not his necessarily), this will also escalate the diy guns and gun parts as well as the black market guns smuggled into the U.S.  We can't keep drugs out so no real reason to believe we could keep guns out either.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Yeah, and I can guarantee you that most people shopping in that market are going to have criminal intent. Law-abiding people are the ones who will be left unarmed. I don't see that solving any problems, not do I see giving criminals a potentially larger stream of revenue helping, either.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@bmdrocks21
imagine being an armed criminal in a city of unarmed citizens
PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
prices already high would rise, and that has a big impact for example in australia a semi automatic m 4 carbine an ar15 of any sort , 35K american, who has 35k to spend on a semi atuomiatic rifle?
PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@bmdrocks21
on your part?yes yes i see that clearly, you simply cant handle the truth