isn't the clean v unclean food thing in the bible a contradiction and/or nonsensical?

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 44
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Sure, pigs are a lot cleaner than they used to be. Still nasty.

If you or anyone else wants to eat a slab of hog ass, go right ahead. Lets not pretend that pork is good for you though. 

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@n8nrgmi
God said they were unclean, then God made them clean. Where is the contradiction?

You did not answer me. Why? I still haven't the foggiest idea why you think this is a contradiction.

I didn't join your thread, you out of the blue sent me an @. If you are not going to answer questions on the thread topic, why did you @ me?

Do you even know what unclean means as used in the bible?

You again ignored my question above and asked another of your own. Why? Only your questions are worthy? You have reading comprehension issues? You're a liberal?

why would God change his mind whether food was unclean or not?
How do you know God changed his mind?

In another thread, you asked me to comment here. I told you then that I thought the question here was silly, and that taking the insincere seriously was not wise. 

Nothing has changed. Drop the insincerity, and answer questions, and I may give your questions a shot even if they are simplistic. Otherwise, have a good day.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Do you even know what unclean means as used in the bible?

I would imagine it means - not clean - when spoken of in the context of food, which is the topic of the thread. Meat to be precise.

Then again, Muslims believe that I am unclean - dirty kuffar - and more unclean that even you! (Can you believe it!?) This because you believe in god and I do not in the same sense as you do. But that of course is a different context as to what is being discussed in this thread, which is meat.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
If you or anyone else wants to eat a slab of hog ass, go right ahead. Lets not pretend that pork is good for you though. 

According to some,  beef is more dangerous to the human body than any pork meat. This risk of bowel cancer are more likely than when one eats pork. But this - I imagine - depends on what one wants to believe , just like the bible.

Lets not pretend that pork is good for you though. 

Pork & healthy eating

"Not only can pork be lean, but it’s naturally rich in protein, low in sodium and provides nine vitamins and minerals that contribute towards good health and well-being"

Like I have said Mopac.

You should really try and take into consideration the times that these people were living in.

People eat pigs/pork all over the world, Mopac and  all of the time and never fall ill because of it ....... because they cook it longer than any other meat depending on the cut .  On the other hand, people still fall ill because of under cooked meat, any meant, 

Way back then many simply didn't cook it long enough and ended up with a tapeworm the size of the Nile trying escape from their arse.   And I am sure that  I would consider pork  and the man who ate it  with said tapeworm hanging from his arse hole  to be ' possessed ' when this happened. Yes Mopca, they really believed in possession too,  along with many other superstitions.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
You guys are looking to much into this.

I mean ,,  It's only common sense you don't go to heaven if you've eaten to much pork.  

( EVERYONE thinks )
When ya die there will be a bloke with a list FULL STOP

And yeah,  on that list.
# 314 .. Overall Pork consumption..... 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
And yeah,  on that list. 
# 314 .. Overall Pork consumption....
And # 2... Religious group membership...

Lol!

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
I've a sneaking feeling. Is that the phrase?
I have a arrrrrrrrrr hunch.
No. 
I reckon,
i reckon that god hasn't got a count on the stuff we do. 
So I'm just going to straight up lie. 

PIGGY POWDER 5000.  If i made a highly concentrated um ,  pig powder. 
And thats .
( One teaspoon : contains no less then 4000 different piggies ) guaranteed* )
If i was to like,  ( for example )  feed a Jewish bloke just one teaspoon of my extra special.《PIGGY POWDER 5000》 pat pen..
Just one teaspoon, They would have to do everything according to god spot on for the rest of their lives and then they would still be pushing it to get into heaven. 

Two teaspoons of my PP5. And we all know , you can kiss heaven good bye FULL STOP 
Ain't not one person in heaven has ever ever eaten that many piggies. 
Oh thats two teaspoons from two bottles. 

Please note:  if a jew or a Muslim say that Shlt they say three times to cleanse said food . 
PP5000 becomes void. It doesn't work.
I am currently testing some , say stuff three times BLOCKERS.

Good game.
Good game. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
i reckon that god hasn't got a count on the stuff we do.
You mean we can join singing religious groups without fear of divine retribution? Yay!
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
I am not discounting the times they lived in. 

You can have your bacon, I'll pass.

209 days later

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
???
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Tradesecret
???
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@n8nrgmi
Dude, like ethang said... god changed his mind. Get over it.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@n8nrgmi
Why do you keep bumping these old topics that no one has posted in for months?
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@SirAnonymous
Because he is hoping that I will answer them for him or her.  And you know sometimes I will and i sometimes I wont. I don't have answers for everything. 

But given the OP is a liberal in his or her theology -  I think they want the opportunity to shoot down those who are not liberal. 

I am not a fundamentalist. Nor am I Evangelical.  I am a Confessionalist. I hold a high value of the Bible, the Church, and Church Tradition. 

The OP believes the bible is inspired but not infallible nor inerrant. And falsely suggests that such things are a modern notion. Obviously much less educated than he or she thinks he or she is - to make such a ridiculous suggestion.  Our culture today is post Gutenberg. The Bible was written pre- Gutenberg.  It was also written pre-democracy as we understand culture today.  It was written in a time when religion was not divorced from anything else.  In a time before secularism and before atheism was a thing. Yes there were atheists back then - but not who divorced from faith (at least intellectually). Aristotle was an atheist. Yet, he was quick to admit his own faith in the same. Times have changed. Yet to suggest no inerrancy was the situation in the day reveals a gross ignorance of history, the church, and the ancient Jewish religion. 

I think that means he or she can pick and choose what they like - you know - do a Bob Hope, sit on the fence and see how it all pans out. A bit like the luke warm christian in the book of Revelation. Ethang called him or her insincere. I think that probably is apt. 

On the other hand, I think if people are sincere that they might like to actually explore ideas rather than present what might be considered controversial ideas with a clear bias as to their disgust of them.