The truth is just frightening ain't it.
Are you afraid? 

Go find someone else to dialog with. 

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
That is death SWEETY. Don't be afraid,you will be the same as you were before you were alive. Unaware.
Grow up and accept it. It doesn't matter, you'll be dead.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
I'm not, but you are.
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@disgusted

That is death SWEETY. Don't be afraid ,you will be the same as you were before you were alive. Unaware.

This is why I don't go out of my way to answer your posts. The content is not worth the effort because you are too emotional. You attack the man rather than the argument and instead of answering my questions you poison the well. 

Paul
Paul
-->
@disgusted

That is death SWEETY. Don't be afraid,you will be the same as you were before you were alive. Unaware.

I don't think he gets it.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Paul
They actually don't allow themselves to get it, their fear of death is so overwhelming that they have almost convinced themselves that it won't happen. Unfortunately their tribal memories still occupy a small dark corner of their minds that by their very avoidance of it just keeps pricking that fear and forcing them to run into the arms of their pacifying make believe. It's such a fearful way to spend their lives when reality holds such splendour, beauty and meaning if they could only accept that death is inevitable and final and all the joy is now.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@disgusted
They actually don't allow themselves to get it, their fear of death is so overwhelming that they have almost convinced themselves that it won't happen.

I disagree.  I don't think theists are simply scared of dying; I think it far more to with life appearing to be meaningless and pointless.   Atheism can seem nihilistic -  no matter what,you end up dead and have no stake in the future after that.

I have no doubt that is how things are - but there's no denying it really sucks.   Of course atheists do find meaning and purpose in such things are their work, their family and 'good works', but atheists have to find meaning in life within themselves; it isn't given from outside.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@keithprosser
The outside from which they are given meaning and pacification of their fears are given by the writings of ignorant, primitive, superstitious bronze/iron age savages. They believe those savages are actually god, but they lack the courage to admit it.
What is funny is that they will never even be able to be disappointed. Their fear is the cause of their belief.
Paul
Paul
-->
@keithprosser
To disgusted and keithprosser.

Obesity is one of the leading causes of death today and it's because of our evolutionary past. One hundred thousand years ago food was not plentiful so when you had a chance to eat you ate until you were full because you didn't know when you would have a chance to eat again. Today that behavior no longer serves us, it kills us.

Many people are utterly unable to conceive of their consciousness ending, but I don't think that's necessarily their fault. I think that it is an evolutionary issue. We are naturally compelled to believe our consciousness will have no ending because believing that is or was something that helped keep us alive.

Religion pushes all the right evolutionary buttons justifying our most primitive instincts and those instincts will no longer serve us, they will kill us.

1426 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@PGA2.0
If Jesus is Lord explain this?

In the Gospels Jesus used the term “Son of Man 102 times, the term “Son of God” was used 76 times { 65 times by Jesus }, Jesus proclaimed that God was his Father  54 times. There are 17 recorded instances of Jesus praying to God.