Flat earth does not work

Author: Nemiroff

Total: 79
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Nemiroff
sun's size not changing as it travels is a total lie. sun is bigger in sunset and at certain angles, etc. Idk who tf is telling you this nonsense.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Nemiroff
flat earth isn't a retarded idea, tidal locking however is. Especially when you realise nothing else in this 'orbit fairytale' tidal locks to what it rotates around unless it's convenient to say it does so.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
Would you be interested in debating this topic avec moi?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@RationalMadman

I wasn't suggesting that you loved me. Far from it.

I was merely suggesting that despite your blocking move, you cannot resist responding to my replies.

Anyway my position remains unalterable.

You and I both know, that you are fully aware that the Earth is spherical.
Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
@madman

Did you just say that the sun is bigger at sunset (when its farthest away) then when its over head right above you? Wow.

The earths moon is not the only tidally locked object, mercury is too.

As for your "effort." You clearly put a ton of effort into that attempt of a joke with hillbilly accents... but thats not the debate. You simply trolled and ended up being treated as a troll. Own up, and maybe man up.

I have no reason to be friends with a troll, but i dont block people on a free speech forum. However clearly your fragile ego and weak brain have resorted to silencing people again. Pathetic, yet hilarious.
Paul
Debates: 0
Paul
-->
@Nemiroff
If you understand physics you don't need to make any observations at all to know the earth is not flat.

The flat earth movement seeks to put doubt into the mind about what you have learned. Since many people just believe in science rather than understand it this can be effective, which is why there are any flat earth believers at all. In this way the flat earth movement is very much like religion and I have often wondered if religion is the primary motivation for it.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PressF4Respect
Formal debating relies on voters having good brains. Most people's brains revolve around sources they arbitrarily think are reliable and refusing to consider new ideas that the debater brings up for one of the first times that they come across it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Paul
You just said total arbitary assertion:
If you understand physics you don't need to make any observations at all to know the earth is not flat.

The flat earth movement seeks to put doubt into the mind about what you have learned. Since many people just believe in science rather than understand it this can be effective, which is why there are any flat earth believers at all. In this way the flat earth movement is very much like religion and I have often wondered if religion is the primary motivation for it.
Not a single fucking think you said here was a reason the earth is not flat. You made the very arbitrary assertion methods of reasoning you accused flat earthers of making.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Nemiroff
Did you just say that the sun is bigger at sunset (when its farthest away) then when its over head right above you? Wow.

Yes. I did. Anyone who has seen a sunset will know this, especially one in Africa. It is due to distortion of light and angle. Nothing to do with the sun being particularly further away, it's only spinning around barely further away from you. In fact on flat Earth model it's a very similar distance from you throughout as it's a small section of the sky you're perceiving at that given time.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4

I am telling you literally back off from me. I am not okay with you telling me what I am aware of or believe. It's not fucking funny and you are not clever for doing it, you're sardonic and quite frankly pathetically wrong.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4

I am telling you literally back off from me. I am not okay with you telling me what I am aware of or believe. It's not fucking funny and you are not clever for doing it, you're sardonic and quite frankly pathetically wrong.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
Formal debating relies on voters having good brains. Most people's brains revolve around sources they arbitrarily think are reliable and refusing to consider new ideas that the debater brings up for one of the first times that they come across it.
All of the votes have to take into consideration both sides of the argument, without the influence of any preconceived notions. Bsh1 explained it very well here, and I will be very blunt to emphasize this point in the descriptions, if we do end up doing the debate.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PressF4Respect
I'm sure he did. Yet Ramshutu, the site's most revered voter, votes solely on comparing things to preconceived weight etc. Sometimes he's actually voted sources for the side that used 0, just because he hates the source of the other so much. 

This kind of mentality is rampant amongst many voters and humans. It's also nothing to do with what actually gets allowed or not.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RationalMadman

Ah ha.

As my old Dad used to say to me.

The thing that hurts the most is the truth.

And both you and I know the truth.
Paul
Paul
-->
@RationalMadman
Okay then, explain the physical forces involved and how they act on the earth to make it flat.

I'm ready to learn!

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
Yet Ramshutu, the site's most revered voter, votes solely on comparing things to preconceived weight etc. Sometimes he's actually voted sources for the side that used 0, just because he hates the source of the other so much. 
Wow. Are there any examples of this?
<br>

This kind of mentality is rampant amongst many voters and humans. It's also nothing to do with what actually gets allowed or not.
The voting mods would be well aware of this. If you want, we could have a selection of hand-picked judges who exhibit minimal bias.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RationalMadman

If the Earth is flat.

Then how thick is the discoid?

And what does the underside look like?....Do you have any photo's?
Paul
Paul
-->
@RationalMadman
Why is the earth flat?

28 days later

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Nemiroff
Your doing the same mistake most round earthers do, you don't understand flat earth arguments.
I'm satisfied that I've beaten every one of them I have debated.

They dont believe in gravity, and droplets do not form spheres due to gravity. The analogy falls flat, so does your argument.
I was not presenting an argument, I was giving an example of the process of getting them to agree to a scientific truth, and then having to violate it to explain their belief.

Planets and stars are spherical because of gravity.

Im afraid your the one making a weak point in the context of your opponent.
I was not debating him or offering a point. I was telling you that your points were weak, not offering better points. We aren't competing.... Yet.

I do agree that a common point is necessary, and we all agree lunar eclipses happen. I think my argument against flat earth is much stronger then yours, no offense.
Have you convinced him yet? Did he offer any counters to my argument?

No offense taken.