My Youtube channel

Author: Alec

Total: 93
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
One pro was that it would prevent rent hikes.
????

Tell me how maintenance fees, a mortgage while also the time investment comes close to rent fees? If you are comparing two different quality houses it is unfair. When comparing similar if not the same houses renting saves money and I love you didn't even bring up the point the value of the house depreciates by 2% every year.

This is what you saying:

Well I don't have to pay rent.

I am saying:

You have to pay for the mortgage, maintenance fees, on top of that the house depreciates by 2% every year and it is a liability because x amount of money is spent on an asset you can't liquidate (basically take money and use it someplace else) while also not realizing another asset costs less which essentially does the same thing.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
In eminent domain, you are paid a fair price for your property.
Not necessarily.

If my land is stolen under eminent domain, the government pays the market price before the land is turned into sky-scrapers.

AFTER my land has sky-scrapers all over it, it's worth about a zillion times more than it did when I was forced to sell.

Without the government interference (eviction), I could have held out for a better deal.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
Imagine that I could enter your car on a whim and search it (and confiscate the contents) whenever I wanted (with flimsy unverifiable probable cause like an anonymous tip) or whenever I though it looked suspicious.
I don´t approve of this in the vast majority of situations.
Ok, so do you believe your real-estate should be 99% sovereign?