Debates: 0
EtrnlVw

"Fruits build our immunity
Fruits can nurse us back to health
Fruits keep our weight in check
Fruits perk up body's energy level"

"Health Benefits of Fruit
Eating Fruit Provides Health Benefits"

"The only factor that seemed to predict which species had larger brains was whether their diets were primarily leaves or fruit"
"Primates that eat leaves have to lie around for hours, with all their energy going toward digestion. Eating fruit, on the other hand, offers an animal a jolt of calories in an easy-to-digest package. In primates, the main beneficiary of all that newly available energy is the brain."

47 days later

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
OK, I will.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@IlDiavolo
Sounds good my friend! try to get ripe fruits and don't be afraid to replace meals with all fruits, observe the difference in your energy and vitality.

12 days later

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@EtrnlVw
don't be afraid to replace meals with all fruits

That is not healthy, it is recommended to have 2-4 servings of fruit per day ALONG with other foods such as meat and veggies.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
That is not healthy,

Lol, how about you try it and find out for yourself what is "healthy". There is nothing unhealthy about raw foods both veggies and fruits. That is absurd.

it is recommended to have 2-4 servings of fruit per day ALONG with other foods such as meat and veggies.

Do you always believe what you read without observation? I challenge you to try it and report back with what you experience. That same food pyramid tells you to consume dairy and meat products, grains and beans along with starch products.....which can be shown to be very unhealthy. Things are not always what they appear, you have to observe things for yourself. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
The only factor that seemed to predict which species had larger brains was whether their diets were primarily leaves or fruit

Since I don't know of any humans that eat only or even primarily leaves this doesn't seem to be a useful comparison in determining the optimal diet for humans.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Read that again. 

was whether their diets were primarily leaves or fruit

Fruit is superior to vegetation. Can you show how fruits are NOT  superior diet for humans with actual research and not just claims or opinions? I can supply link after link of how fruits are superior food sources in nutrition and what the HUMAN body thrives on. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
I'm only saying that looking at two classes of vegetarian monkey does not tell us anything about any diet that is not primarily vegetarian but I will heed your warning and make sure that I do not eat only leaves.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
I'm not arguing for a diet that is primarily vegetarian, rather fruitarian. 

It is a superior food source and I'm only gifting you with power and health. Try it and replace a few meals with just fruits and see what the difference is. You may be pleasantly surprised. Because all in all, this will be your refuge and healing in any given situation. Give me a week of raw foods, primarily fruits but you can add some salads here and there.....and I will show you the most vitality you have had since you can remember. Just 5 days, and see which one of us has the right information and correct food source for humans. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
"But scientists disagree on what drove primates to evolve big brains in the first place. Now, a new study comes to an unexpected conclusion: fruit."

"Primates that eat leaves have to lie around for hours, with all their energy going toward digestion."
"Eating fruit, on the other hand, offers an animal a jolt of calories in an easy-to-digest package. In primates, the main beneficiary of all that newly available energy is the brain."

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
Ok I won't eat just leaves.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin

Follow this guy if this interests you. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
EtrnlVw says: Lol, how about you try it and find out for yourself what is "healthy".

I have no reason to experiment with foods when I can read what the experts encourage you to eat to meet the body's requirements. You are no expert by any stretch of the imagination.
Goldtop
Goldtop
EtrnlVw claims:

It is a superior food source and I'm only gifting you with power and health.
But, you are no expert and are actually giving bad advice based on what the experts say. Why would you willfully try to harm others?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
That video is an hour and twenty minutes long. What are the chances that in that whole time any evidence for or against the idea of "god worlds" is presented rather than assumed. Honestly I watched thirty seconds before the guy lost me with an unfounded claim.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
Every body reacts differently to different diets. You can't just say fruits are the sure way 100% route to good health. It has been shown, bc it was studied, that a vegetarian diet is beneficial and can even reverse some ailments. That is bc it was studied. People on diets such as the keto diet are reporting back with success stories they didn't get from any other diet. But these diets are new and haven't been studied as long as vegetarian diets. What i do know however is eating only fruits is not healthy. But i also do know that a vegetarian diet is 100% better than the standard American diet. Next to the other ones, no one knows. There is just anecdotal evidence... and, from this evidence people report the most vitality they've ever felt from things like the carnivore diet... look up Jordan Petterson and his daughter. Nothing else worked for them... But, it is speculated that they might have leaky gut syndrome or something that doesn't go well with anything else and works perfect with meat. Through research, i decided to not try it bc it didn't sound sustainable for my body. But that proves every body is different and you can't just say eat fruit or a veggie diet and you'll be fine. Some will react horribly to that diet. The best diet is one you can sustain in the long term while also allowing you to easily have a caloric deficit when you need to. My body reacts best to a nutrivore diet with a once a week cheat day. That is the only diet i have been able to sustain and experts say that is the most important.   
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Are you serious? wow, I didn't post that link to prove anything to you about spirituality, but like I said, if anything here interests you follow that link. If you have any ailment or physical problems check the videos list and see if there is something that applies to your situation. If you are as healthy as a bug, just keep it in the back of your head and know there is a decent source for you to get well in any health crisis. Let your food be your medicine. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
Hey my friend we've been over this before. You guys can eat whatever the hell you like it is your bodies and your health. Nothing in this thread I posted is harmful, rather extremely beneficial and that would be my only intent. This is not an opinion but pure chemistry, fruits have many beneficial properties over many food sources and is an excellent, superior choice of foods for humans. 
I was a meat eater most of my life up until about 6 years ago so this is not something I just post for fun or to be an azz, what I say here is from experience. The difference in vitality and health with a raw fruit and veggie diet is not even comparable but again, I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything only putting the information out there for people to have something to fall back on, a sure fix and a sure triumph. BTW, if someone has leaky gut syndrome the very worst thing they could do is consume an acidic diet, which would only add more deterioration. With something like that, fruits would be a perfect option due to its chemistry and the alkaline nature. I find more than anything is the lack of discipline when eating, people want to eat what they want to eat, they don't realize their problems and health crisis come from the very things they shove in their mouths. So it is every man for himself and I ain't trying to change that, only drop information in peoples minds that they may use later, or when they realize they are in serious trouble. Let your food be your medicine. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
I didn't post that link to prove anything to you about spirituality, but like I said
In that case forgive me for being a bit confrontational. Allow me to just say that it doesn't appear to be the sort of video that would usually peek my interest. I might check it out. Thank you for the link I  any case.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Understood that's cool. Interestingly enough, it just so happens that the two categories that interest me the most are spirituality and health. Perhaps that is due to how I am naturally, I both care about really important things in life and I have a huge heart for people and their well-being. Sometimes it may come across as aggressive but it is just passion TBH. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
I'm not trying to be divisive. I acknowledge there is evidence that a veggie diet is good for you. But there is also evidence for "some" people it isn't very good (especially if it's only fruits). That's all i'm saying. Everyone wish's it was black and white so they can easily find a good diet. But that isn't how it usually goes down. Things that work for some don't for others unfortunately.  
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Don't believe everything you read!

Except the thing I just wrote to you here, believe that!
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
Don't believe everything you read
hundreds if not thousands of diets ranging the spectrum of vegan to adkin's type.  I have yet to hear of humanoid bones being recovered that was a vegan, doesn't mean modern man can't be but if we are looking to the past to see what is natural/normal, it appears veganism isn't it.  Plants don't grown year round or produce year round, only under artificial and modern conditions is that possible.  Another theory/argument is fruit being available mostly in the fall is consumed in greater quantities to fatten up for the winter when food will be scarce.  Animals do it, so why not humans as well?  There are some nutritional benefits to fruit but it is high in sugar and starches (many of what we call vegetables can be or should be classified as fruits).  Picking foods with complex carbohydrates and low glycemic index is your best option imo.  The selective propagation and gene modification of plants makes them far different than the original which must change their nutritional values as well, otherwise we could just take vitamins and not have to worry about eating.

Look up the banana the "Gros Michel" it's pretty interesting if you don't know the story.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
I would like to eat raisins to boost my health, but they have 20g of sugar per little packet, so...
Goldtop
Goldtop
Interestingly enough, it just so happens that the two categories that interest me the most are spirituality and health.

The problem is you get so much specious information on both topics, neither of which seem to hold in any of your arguments.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Swagnarok
Not to insult your intelligence because you may be aware already, but it is a common misconception that fruit sugar is to be avoided but did you know the difference between simple and complex sugars? fructose and glucose ext ect? you don't want to avoid sugars from fruit they are not the same as what you would find it processed foods, cakes and candy....here check these links out so you know there is no fear in eating fruits or raisins. Raisins are higher in sugar content more so than grapes but again, make sure you know the difference between bad and good sugars and how the body utilizes them.

"One of the common myths about sugar is that just because it’s “sugar”, it’s automatically bad for you.
It doesn’t matter if we’re talking about processed corn syrup, white sugar or whole food sugar found in whole fruits. Sugar is bad!
Well, there is a big difference between eating refined sugar that you’ll find in soda drinks, candy bars and processed syrups, and those from a whole fruit.
A meal of fruit provides you with a complete nutrient package.
It comes with its vitamins, minerals, fiber, natural sugars and phytonutrients, including antioxidants and all these work synergistically to help your body maintain optimal health.
Compare this to junk calories of basically just refined sugar with no fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and you are setting yourself up for ill health and disease.
So the bottom line is the sugar from whole fruits is good – it’s healthy and science now proves that the more fruit you eat in your diet, the better it is for your health."

"There is no need to avoid sugars that are naturally found in whole foods, such as fruits, vegetables and dairy products. These foods also contain nutrients, fiber and water, which counter any of their negative effects.
The harmful health effects associated with sugar consumption are due to the high amount of added sugar in the typical Western diet."

"“The natural sugars in fruit are processed a bit differently by your body, because the fiber in the fruit minimizes the sugars’ impact on blood sugar levels,” says Nancy Z. Farrell, R.D.N., an adjunct professor of nutrition at Germanna Community College in Fredericksburg, Va. “In addition, you also get vitamins, minerals, and other healthy nutrients.”

"If you compare the effects of a diet restricting fructose from both added sugars and fruit to one just restricting fructose from added sugars, the diet that kept the fruit did better. People lost more weight with the extra fruit present than if all fructose was restricted. Only industrial, not fruit fructose intake, was associated with declining liver function and high blood pressure. Fructose from added sugars was associated with hypertension; fructose from natural fruits is not."

"Regarding your health, the real difference is where the sugar comes from. While your body can't distinguish the difference between the source of sugar once it's broken down and absorbed, the food from which the sugar originated has a huge impact on your overall health. This is due to the nature other nutrients that may be in the food you consumed.
Since complex carbohydrates come from plant-based foods, we know that those foods also contain a plethora of beneficial nutrients in addition to their carbs, including vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
The complex carbs are broken down into simple sugars. However, some simple sugars that are added to foods don't give you any beneficial nutrients. For example, fructose can be found in candies, soda, and other sweets lacking in health-promoting nutrients, but fructose is also present in fruit.
Even though both foods contain fructose, fruit is obviously a healthier choice because it's not solely made up of simple carbohydrates -- it also contains fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. The fiber in fruit helps slow the digestion of carbs, which is why your blood sugar doesn't spike as much after eating fiber-filled fruit like it does when you gulp down a soda or candy bar."

"As mentioned above, the BIG difference is in how the sugar is packaged. While added sugars are empty calories that provide no additional nutritional value (besides energy) whatsoever, and they are most commonly found in highly processed foods. On the other hand, fruits are packaged with much more than naturally-occurring sugar, including water, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants (e.g., phytonutrients), and fiber. Fruits are nutrient-dense (the opposite of cakes and candies). Fiber is vital in that it also slows down digestion, so you don’t get the insulin spike and subsequent crash caused by candies, cakes, and similar sweets."

"Even with their relatively high sugar content, raisins have been found to help control blood sugar levels. And in one study, it was shown that snacking on raisins three times a day — rather than other common snacks with similar calorie counts — can help lower blood pressure."

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Hold your horses for a sec, what do you think man did before he built fire and tools to take down animals and cook their dead flesh? you really think he went around taking down animals with his bare hands and eating its dead corpse?? if you want to talk about natural.... man did not eat then, like he does now and there is evidence to suggest humans are not omnivores or meat eaters but frugivores/vegetarians as they are most certainly closest to the primate family in genetics and if man evolved from that then it is obvious. Primates are first fruit and plant eaters and meat being the very last option for apes and gorillas, you don't see apes cooking meat over a fire lol, no all their power and stamina comes from a raw fruit and veggie diet. Pure Carnivores on the other hand pay a huge price for consuming such an acidic diet, however their anatomy can handle it due to the digestive track which eliminates meat very quickly but they sleep way more than horses, primates, elephants, rhinos ect ect….they don't have the power and longevity of other species.
Man migrated from tropical climates to cold weather climates forcing them to search for alternative eating. Never was man originally a meat eater and never was he intended to be a carnivore or omnivore and it is a proven fact that raw fruits and veggies are superior foods and very goof for man health, and that is because it fits his physiology and anatomy. Check out my topic "Is man and Omnivore?" and check out some of the links. There is many more sources now that are becoming available with fresh information and a way better alternative. Just look at the condition of man across the world and the health crisis, and it is partially due to false misconceptions and poor discipline. Look at the links I supplied with the nutritional benefits of fruits and their composition. This is simple chemistry, whatever man puts in his mouth his body is interfacing with chemistry and whether or not that chemistry will have a negative effect of a good effect. As far as sugars go, check the link just before this one and take a look.

"Follow-up investigations indicate as well that foods eaten by humans today, especially those consumed in industrially advanced nations, bear little resemblance to the plant-based diets anthropoids have favored since their emergence. Such findings lend support to the suspicion that many health problems common in technologically advanced nations may result, at least in part, from a mismatch between the diets we now eat and those to which our bodies became adapted"

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@EtrnlVw
yes I agree that meat isn't the primary source, but you must admit that most fruit can and should only be eaten when ripe and in the wild it's only for a short time period.  So to say eat more fruit isn't consistent with what animals and ancient humans had the ability or access to do.  In these modern times fruits are picked early and artificially made to ripen so they can be transported long distances and stored for long periods.  Then we can get into the pesticides etc.....
Though i would say eat more fruit instead of processed foods and candy, though fruit should be more like a treat than a staple, that is until I read something otherwise.  These are just opinions based on what I know now subject to change with new information.  Anything with a low glycemic index should be good.  Insulin resistance is a problem and getting worse.  High fiber fruit is good, plantains for example are lowish in sugar if I remember correctly.

From what you have read, how much fruit should be consumed per day?  Any specific kinds like citrus etc?  What about juice since that is very concentrated sugars etc without most of the fiber.

I haven't really looked up fructose and how it affects the body, good/bad etc, but sometime i will attempt to research it more.  Whatever the government recommends I really don't listen to or give much credence to because well.....it's the government.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
I'm not trying to be divisive. I acknowledge there is evidence that a veggie diet is good for you. But there is also evidence for "some" people it isn't very good (especially if it's only fruits). That's all i'm saying. Everyone wish's it was black and white so they can easily find a good diet. But that isn't how it usually goes down. Things that work for some don't for others unfortunately. 

Break down the human body and everything is constructed of cells, all your organs, skin, bones, glands ect are all made up of the very same thing, cells. So the physiology of one persons parts are the same as another, the tissues and cells that make up your heart are no different than mine. However, what condition those parts are in may vary and they may have different issues health wise and possibly poor genes or good genes....but there are no differences in the reaction of chemistry, tissue and cells are tissue and cells. When you eat, everything you put in your mouth is interfacing directly with chemistry and there is no mystery or debate about that and it is the same for every person and that chemistry will either have a positive effect or a negative one. So when you're dealing with fruits, the chemistry composition and nutritional value does not change from person to person nor does their reaction or utilization of that chemistry change, so if an apple is good for this cell over here, it's good for that cell over there.....if grapes are excellent for me, they are excellent for you.
When you're looking at peoples diets make sure you actually know the specifics about them because even a "vegetarian" diet can be unhealthy because all that means is they don't eat meat, but they eat cheese and dairy products, starches, processed foods and junk food so the body is never in a position to be healthy and clean itself out. That is why I use the term "raw" because even though it is the most difficult to maintain because of discipline it the most natural and most healthy. That means no junk foods, no processed foods, no cooked foods, no diary and of course no meat and only fruits and veggies and anything you can eat without cooking. You aren't going to find any true raw fruit and veggie eaters that are unhealthy but you can find many unhealthy "vegetarians". So make sure you don't judge anything unless you actually try it yourself, and all you have to do is give it a few tries and examine the energy from it. What's three meals really? If you look at all the links within this thread I provided an abundance of nutritional facts about fruits and their nature scientifically so that is the same for every person and every cell and body. You can also simply just eat more fruits and keep your diet, just check out all the information here and make sure you think about it.
I started first with meat in my diet because cheese is one of my weaknesses lol, then I did dairy finally and man what a difference in feel, much lighter and quicker all swelling gone. Now I practice adding as much fruit as I can and eliminate as much bad as I can but I still love pizza lol, but there is no doubt which foods make you physically and mentally feel the most vibrant. Meats are actually a type of stimulant, so when you consume it you might feel a burst of energy if you're lucky but it quickly breaks down and begins to have a negative effect on tissues because of its acidic ash, meat is notoriously acidic and hard on the kidneys and digestion. This is the chemical nature of meat and the effects on tissue are negative whereas the chemical nature of fruits build and strengthen tissue, not deteriorate it. Acids have a negative result on cells and tissues not a positive one and you eventually die because of it, hopefully we can slow that process down with a natural, alkaline diet.
Anyways, I know how ya feel about it! we just talking I know you have your own view and I'm good with that just consider it as you eat and what you choose. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Of course go for ripe, and preferable organic no doubt. However make sure you check out all the links I supplied because fruits are still and always will be superior in nutritional value. You can still get ripe fruits you just have to be picky and even store bought grapes are powerful, red grapes in particular and they were great this year. Nature is always superior but more fruit is better than less, and better than none at all. I mean come on, what are you comparing them to? even a lesser quality fruit is better than cheese, bread or meat! think about that.