Author: DynamicSquid

Total: 76
DynamicSquid
Debates: 29
DynamicSquid
-->
@coal
@Zaradi
Hey guys, great conversation you're having here, but...

How does this relate to teachers being fired lol?
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Zaradi
Boyo we need to have a talk about that... get on a hangout sometime.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@DynamicSquid
Keep your maple syrup grabbing fingers out of the cookie jar
DynamicSquid
DynamicSquid
-->
@coal
Lol, okay
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
-->
@DynamicSquid
Hey i already contributed. If I derail the thread from here, thats just life, y'know?
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@coal
Lol that would require me to use hangouts again. Even if I wanted to, that'd burn a whole lot of cell data that i already go through like wildfire...
DynamicSquid
DynamicSquid
-->
@Zaradi
Oh no, continue with your conversation.

I'm just wondering how teachers eventually changed to parents and wifi
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@DynamicSquid
I mean...you can read the thread lol.
DynamicSquid
DynamicSquid
-->
@Zaradi
Dude, there's like 50 comments. This is also clogging up my notifications lol.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@DynamicSquid
:'(

95 days later

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@DynamicSquid
How is this a good start? Teachers penalized by students for students' misbehavior? I can see argument to dismiss a teacher for the teacher's misbehavior, but even at that, student's should serve as witnesses, but not as judge and jury. Not to mention that minors are, by law, not capable of making adult decisions, which is why, in sexual abuse cases, for example, minors are not allowed to claim consensual behavior. Nor in contract negotiations, by which teachers hold their positions, minors cannot make or break contracts.

80 days later

VonKlempter
Debates: 5
VonKlempter
But the teacher has no say in which student to expel?

222 days later

Jasmine
Jasmine
Definitly will work

168 days later

Ferbalot
Debates: 1
Ferbalot
I've recently been doing research on democratic schooling and it seems there's a style of schooling called "Sudbury schooling" in which the school is run by direct democracy. That would include firing teachers as well as much more, and from what I've seen they seem to work pretty well.

Here's a link to resources I've come across on the subject: http://69.133.99.77/kme/sources/Psychology/Education/Democratic%20schools/
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
My school(which I just graduated from a few days ago) had such polls, and it just stopped when nearly everyone voted to fire the principal. Now it turned into a feedback sheet, or how satisfied you are about all the teachers that teach your class.

I wouldn't say "fire teachers". I would say a system of suggestions. What the teachers are doing wrong and what you would like to see them doing better. It recycles teaching vehicles at the same time.

Unless the teacher is a creepy pedo or something. In that case, he is broken beyond repair and he needs to go out of the doors.

60 days later

MonkeyKing
Debates: 3
MonkeyKing
-->
@DynamicSquid
I can get behind this to a point. I do think that a pattern needs to develop first as there is always outliers, but overall the students can generally tell who sucked and who didn't. In fact, I believe in Japan the student presidency is given a certain amount of power in firing teachers if they are considered terrible teachers. Now if America, which I am assuming is where you are from the system you are talking about, took school government more seriously as well as had more funding/actual education then this would be much more feasible. Or maybe this type of system is what might get us to that point itself, who knows. All I know is too many of us Americans viewed education as a burden when its a blessing and too much of the education was burdensome when it could've been enlightening. Give the kids the right attitude and understanding, this works out.