QFS1 - DP2

Author: drafterman

Total: 179
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
At this point, I think it's best if we concentrate our efforts into forming a town block, rather than speculatively scumhunting.
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
-->
@PressF4Respect
You wanna form a town bloc? Cool, let's lynch speed then. A speed lynch clarifies on my alignment and Lunatic's alignment. That's 1/3 of total players.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@PressF4Respect
@Zaradi
What's a town block?

How does lynching Speed clarify your alignment?
Zaradi
Zaradi
Not to mention that forming a town block is only useful if you're looking to use POE i.e. speculative scumhunting
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@SirAnonymous
A block of people who we can confirm are town. Literally no one, which is why this idea is dumb as hell, but I'm trying to entertain him so he'll help me lynch speed.

By the theory of Lunatic RBing the kills, if Speed is town then I'm probably scum. Which is why I want speed Lynchedfive minutes ago. Why isn't he swinging yet?
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@SirAnonymous
A town block is a group of townies who know that the other members are town
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Zaradi
if Speed is town then I'm probably scum
Why? It could just be that scum picked Speed both times.
VTL Speedrace
He is the most likely possibility.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Zaradi
Question: Why do you town-read Pie?
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@PressF4Respect
Because outside of me, his play is the most townie. Hence, I town read him. Yes, I'm aware he's technically TP. He joint wins according to Disc's sheet so that's good enough for me.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@SirAnonymous
Technically a possibility. But what does scum gain from NKing Speed? His role is useless here so it's not like they remove a PR. And he's the least active player here, so it's not like they're removing an active voice. Literally anyone else is a better NK
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
We can be fairly certain that Lunatic is town, since there's nothing to stop him from killing if he's scum.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Zaradi
I agree. It would make more sense for scum to NK Lunatic.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Zaradi
According to Pie, if we lynched SirAnon, it would not go through. This is literally the only time we have of confirming Pie's claim. Do you see any problems with this?

Also, saying someone is town/scum based solely on their gameplay was a major cause of town's loss in the previous game.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@PressF4Respect
Yes, the problem is we have a better lynch so why would we waste the DP?
Also, if you're saying that generating reads off of gameplay is bad because people can generate incorrect reads isn't an argument for behavior tells being bad, it's a reason the person making the reads should git gud.

Zaradi
Zaradi
Like for real

saying someone is town/scum based solely on their gameplay
This is mafia in a nutshell. There's a reason classic mafia involves nothing but vanilla rules and a goon or two depending on game size. This game is literally about reading behavior and going off of that. 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@PressF4Respect
The main reason for lynching Speed is that it's the best explanation for why there are no NKs. I suppose that we could test both theories at the same time by trying to lynch me and having Lunatic RB Speed again. That way, if I lived and there were no NKs, we could be almost certain that Speed was scum. What do y'all think of that idea? I'm not saying we should do that, but I just want to throw it out there.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@SirAnonymous
Your idea is bad because I wanna win today not tomorrow.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Zaradi
Yes, the problem is we have a better lynch so why would we waste the DP?
If Speed is scum, then we can easily deal with him. SirAnon's deathproof lasts until the end of this DP. Also, having 3-4 town confirmeds is a lot stronger than behavioural scumhunting.

Also, if you're saying that generating reads off of gameplay is bad because people can generate incorrect reads isn't an argument for behavior tells being bad, it's a reason the person making the reads should git gud.
What happened last game wasn't an anomaly. It followed a pattern. Also, it is impossible to determine with 100% certainty who town is and who scum is based off of behaviour alone.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Zaradi
Your idea is bad because I wanna win today not tomorrow.
Slow and steady wins the race
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Zaradi
Haste makes waste.
Don't rush in where angels fear to tread.
Sick of these yet?
The point is that, while we could win by lynching Speed today, it would only be a probably. If we follow that plan, it would be a near certainty. However, we probably could win by lynching Speed today, which is why I vtl'ed him. Even so, speed is not always the best option (get it? get it? are you sick of my bad jokes yet?).
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@PressF4Respect
*sigh*

If Speed is scum, then we can easily deal with him
Cool, let's do it then. Why aren't you voting him? 

Also, having 3-4 town confirmeds
This plan doesn't town confirm anyone. It confirms that Pie is, in fact, TP. Legitimately that's all this does. No one is doubting that.
What happened last game wasn't an anomaly. It followed a pattern.

What does this even mean? My argument is that mafia at its core as a game is about behavioral analysis. That's what scumhunting is.

Also, it is impossible to determine with 100% certainty who town is and who scum is based off of behaviour alone.
Congrats, it's impossible to determine alignment with 100% accuracy until the endgame. That's not my point and I really doubt that's yours.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
@Speedrace
Ping!
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Oh, wait a minute. They were active only an hour ago. sigh...
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Zaradi
Cool, let's do it then. Why aren't you voting him? 
My point is: If Speed is scum, then we can deal with him on any Day Phase. On the other hand, SirAnon's deathproof lasts until the end of this DP. After that point, it will become a lot more difficult to confirm Pie's claim.

This plan doesn't town confirm anyone. It confirms that Pie is, in fact, TP. Legitimately that's all this does. No one is doubting that.
Pie's claimed wincon literally revolves around a townie. If town loses, then he loses. Therefore, Pie is essentially an honorary townie. 

What does this even mean? My argument is that mafia at its core as a game is about behavioral analysis. That's what scumhunting is.
You said that what happened in the previous games was due to crappy play by certain individuals. I countered that by saying that it is impossible to 100% confirm who is town and who is scum from what they say alone, and that it is better if we can get a 100% certainty of a few people.

Congrats, it's impossible to determine alignment with 100% accuracy until the endgame. That's not my point and I really doubt that's yours.
Same as above

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Zaradi
Pie's claimed wincon literally revolves around a townie. If town loses, then he loses. Therefore, Pie is essentially an honorary townie. 
Unless Pie is lying about his claim, that is

Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@PressF4Respect
Pie is essentially an honorary townie. 

If this is true, then why do we care about testing his claim? Your answer will be "because it confirms his claim". But if we are already saying "pie is town" then why are we testing a townie to see if a townie is telling us the truth or not? If we were doubting him, we wouldn't be saying he's town. This entire plan is just "hey let's waste the DP because fuck it why not"
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Vote Count
SirAnon - 1/4 - Speed
Speed - 2/4 - Zaradi, SirAnon
Not Voting - Lunatic, Pie, Press

The DP will end less than 28 hours (or when all players have voted). All players not voting when the Day Phase ends will be removed from the game.

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
Not sure what you want me to say

Mafia will simply neglect to NK until y'all lynch me

It's an extremely easy method to get a mislynch

Likely scenario is that Mafia tried to NK me DP1. That's why I think Zaradi is Mafia, because then he tried to NK me NP1, and then someone else this NP but was switched to Sir

That's an equally likely explanation, so why lynch me over getting roleblocked? Look at the whole picture
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Zaradi
Pie is essentially an honorary townie. 

If this is true, then why do we care about testing his claim? Your answer will be "because it confirms his claim". But if we are already saying "pie is town" then why are we testing a townie to see if a townie is telling us the truth or not? If we were doubting him, we wouldn't be saying he's town. This entire plan is just "hey let's waste the DP because fuck it why not"
IF Pie is not lying about his claim, THEN he would be an honorary townie.

Does this clear it up?

Zaradi
Zaradi
Nevermind, I'm done with this game for today. My vote is staying where it is because it's the correct lynch. If you guys wanna waste this DP, that's your prerogative